Atlas Changes in 3.10.0

"
Marluxiar wrote:
Imagine this situation : a noobie comes to a big streamer doing targeted map farm by planning to not complete some maps. He asks "how can i do the same ?". The answer is : "you cannot little newbie, because you completed maps you should'nt have to do target map farm, and now you can either deal with it or make a new account" and thus the noob felt really bad about missing an opportunity.
The proper answer is "Target farming is an advanced and specialized strategy, and it takes a lot of currency to afford a build with enough clear speed to do it efficiently, which you won't be able to afford yet. Go ahead and complete your atlas, enjoy the variety of maps you can run, figure out which ones you enjoy and work well with your build, don't get burned out running the same one over and over, and if you decide that you want to specialize in one map, buy or trade for a bunch of them."
"
Mark__75 wrote:

I have played 3 builds this league and I perfectly know what is the comfort of playing necro and how not efficient is playing something not meta-related. What you think about playing non-meta builds does not matter - at this moment there are 27% necromancers and 10% guardians - this is 37% for only those two builds (and some other classes also play minions too). Statistics is the true picture of balance in the game. What skills are playable? 18% players use cyclone, but not for typical melee builds but as a great support skill for minion builds (to stack poisons for HOA or just to cast other things due to CWC). The next skills in use: 15% Raise Zombie, 10% Summon Skeletons, 9% Vaal Summon Skeletons, 6% Herald of Agony. Non-minion related offensive skills are few % in the best case and typically less than 1%. Game design is untidy because balance between minion builds and other ones is greatly broken. What is surprising GGG instead of trying to make builds efficiency more comparable, sometimes is nerfing even not great builds especially melee ones. For example few leagues ago I was playing a Heavy Strike Berserker - was not great, was not meta, but I had some fun... now similar build it is not playable at all. Last league I tried to play Molten Strike Juggernaut - not able to do a Blight content... and not great for other things too. This league it seems to be even worst - there is 0.9% Molten Strike in use... but GGG was very happy to nerf MS builds few times already. Surely they are now satisfied.

you're doing exactly what i said : focusing on the meta. Forget about it for a second and think. Is phys cyclone not viable for exemple ? it's so strong it got banned from the melee private league of steelmage and zizaran.
And also what's the point of always playing the most efficient build ? is fun allowed ?
Also some skills can do all content, and some skills can't. Some skills are made to trivialize bosses, some others are made to map faster with shit single target.

The real complaint is about skills that should be viable, but arent.

There is a ton of skills, unique items, support gems, and limitless combinations of them that end up being viable at either fast maping, good boss killing, both, or meme builds.

If you seek perfect efficiency, you'll always end up playing only 1 build. GGG can nerf and buff whatever you want, there will always be a meta and you will always hate it... So why bother ?

But that's not the point of this thread anyways
"
Marluxiar wrote:

you're doing exactly what i said : focusing on the meta. Forget about it for a second and think. Is phys cyclone not viable for exemple ? it's so strong it got banned from the melee private league of steelmage and zizaran.
And also what's the point of always playing the most efficient build ? is fun allowed ?
Also some skills can do all content, and some skills can't. Some skills are made to trivialize bosses, some others are made to map faster with shit single target.

There is a ton of skills, unique items, support gems, and limitless combinations of them that end up being viable at either fast maping, good boss killing, both, or meme builds.

If you seek perfect efficiency, you'll always end up playing only 1 build. GGG can nerf and buff whatever you want, there will always be a meta and you will always hate it... So why bother ?

The game balance is important.
When I have discovered PoE 6 years ago I was so impressed, so happy - so many active skills, so many support gems, so big passive tree... - unlimited combinations and opprotunities. Currently I am not impressed, because most of those things do not provide variability - I have shown some statistics. It is not a fun to play a weak build while the game content is designed for meta-builds with millions DPS and/or massive clear speed, never achievable for many skills, no matter how they are supported, no matter with what passive tree and no matter with what uniques. If 1/3 or more players play similar type builds, means that a game mechanics require an overhaul otherwise there will never be a proper variability of builds and flexibility to play the game in the efficient and enjoyable way for everybody.
Last edited by Mark__75 on Mar 4, 2020, 8:28:53 PM
Nicely done. I'll consider donating my usual $50-100 and try the league now.
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers and bots suck.
has anyone mentioned hexproof? i personally dont like it...
Life will be technically better Soon TM
For the cartographer seals you can just make it so that they block a sealed map from having any form of activity or drop chance. So you will never get map drops from that map and conquerors or whatever other mechanics never will have to force you to go that map. Some people lock maps to influence a certain map drop because they enjoy farming that map they singled out from the other tiers near it, or just simply don't want that map to drop for them cause they know they will never use that map.

I remember people used to make use of Shaper and elder orbs for 80% successful sustain on a map they always wanted to farm. With the changed to the atlas in 3.9 sustaining a specific map is not as possible anymore. As we all know various maps are either more enjoyable or just better for farming due to how linear they are with minimal backtracking.

Those might be some ideas to keep in mind when thinking about a new method for using cartographer seals or maybe deleting that but adding two new currencies that might block maps and the other maybe buff map for your atlas to influence those map drops.
"
Mark__75 wrote:
"
Marluxiar wrote:

The game balance is important.
When I have discovered PoE 6 years ago I was so impressed, so happy - so many active skills, so many support gems, so big passive tree... - unlimited combinations and opprotunities. Currently I am not impressed, because most of those things do not provide variability - I have shown some statistics. It is not a fun to play a weak build while the game content is designed for meta-builds with millions DPS and/or massive clear speed, never achievable for many skills, no matter how they are supported, no matter with what passive tree and no matter with what uniques. If 1/3 or more players play similar type builds, means that a game mechanics require an overhaul otherwise there will never be a proper variability of builds and flexibility to play the game in the efficient and enjoyable way for everybody.

Agreed. In fact many of the skills are simply broken due to the endless buff-nerf cycles. Take for example lightning warp which used to be a viable movement skill for casters. Now no one uses it. As casters people either use other movement skills (which still cannot compete with the speed that dex or phys characters use), or go delving where movement speed matters a lot less. In a game where movement, survivability and damage are the three pillars, one of them has been broken for a long time.
I really don't understand the desire to just farm a single map. To me that is just boring. Do people actually find it fun? Or is it just because it is (was) more efficient/rewarding? What if they added a way to target farm a single map, but it was significantly less rewarding than playing different maps? Would that satisfy the people who want single map farming to come back?

Certainly it was the case previously that the most efficient/rewarding approach was to target farm a specific map, but many people opted to just run various maps because they found it more enjoyable.
"
Wulgar55 wrote:
I really don't understand the desire to just farm a single map. To me that is just boring. Do people actually find it fun? Or is it just because it is (was) more efficient/rewarding? What if they added a way to target farm a single map, but it was significantly less rewarding than playing different maps? Would that satisfy the people who want single map farming to come back?

Certainly it was the case previously that the most efficient/rewarding approach was to target farm a specific map, but many people opted to just run various maps because they found it more enjoyable.

+1
"
Wulgar55 wrote:

If they want to do it and if it doesnt allow all conqs to spawn from the same region why not let them?

Spawning Sirus should the benefit of mapping the entire atlas.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info