[3.10] Tanky Animate Weapon Guardian [SSF][HC?]

Hello i really like this idea i would like to play this, please keep updated
"
silenoz66 wrote:
how you feel about build now that we got patch notes? is it gonna be something really powerfull?

I'm excited and believe that it will do great. The duration wasn't gutted, and it got the physical gem tag, reinforcing my belief in using a staff for the build.
I know you said this is more SSF, but have you thought about Chains of Command at all? The problem with using it would be that you don't get any other minions except animated minions (Animated Guardian). I personally like the fact that it would give your weapons splash, and a chance to get even more out without having to summon them yourself
Last edited by whatzgoingon on Mar 12, 2020, 12:58:08 AM
"
whatzgoingon wrote:
I know you said this is more SSF, but have you thought about Chains of Command at all? The problem with using it would be that you don't get any other minions except animated minions (Animated Guardian). I personally like the fact that it would give your weapons splash, and a chance to get even more out without having to summon them yourself

I personally dislike the style of animate guardian, but that's coming from a purely SSF perspective. In trade league it is far more viable.
animated weapon from chain of command has only 20 sec duration !!!

+ in ssf, you need "The Writhing Jar" for boss, and can be a pain in the a** to find some

actually the gem give you 140 - 260 dmg(if from etheral blade) with 49% MORE dmg and 49% MORE AS.

basically a 3 (very good)links in 1 gem.

I personnaly expect it to be godlike even on a 4 link until yellow map
"
macenno wrote:
animated weapon from chain of command has only 20 sec duration !!!

+ in ssf, you need "The Writhing Jar" for boss, and can be a pain in the a** to find some

actually the gem give you 140 - 260 dmg(if from etheral blade) with 49% MORE dmg and 49% MORE AS.

basically a 3 (very good)links in 1 gem.

I personnaly expect it to be godlike even on a 4 link until yellow map

I agree with you. The gem appears to be very, very strong. The Chain of Command version is more limited and half the duration, but has similar stats otherwise.

I'd definitely go the gem version personally, even in non-SSF.
I also decided to make myself AW guardian, although I have a little different plans, because I want to include Herald of Purity, pasting 4 link Purity Default Attack does 300k dps (with Pride off), multiplying 4 times sentinels gives us 1.2 million on 4 links, of course we have to give up Pride but we can also use sentinels for Culling Strike etc. Therefore, Chains of Command will definitely not be in my target, anyway it is "on Kill" which is inefficient when it is needed most (bosses) , reducing the maximum amount of AW to 14 makes duplicate built on kill is completely unnecessary, increased AW damage per AW also does not make such a kick as at 50 so this chest in my opinion is weak.

I will definitely observe this topic, which is still striking is the strange skill tree (127% life is overkill), below what I will be doing (in your PoB I did it). Rather, I will give up Increased Duration, AW will have 48 seconds duration with Enduring Bound is rather enough to hold 14 minions and still have time to relax :)

Talent tree that I will use at level 80 (i.e. as in your PoB), I also added a double golem, dmg dps boost, increased life is 191%, finally over 200% at 90+ :)
for a solid comparison, I added everything in your PoB.

https://pastebin.com/Am9JWHMe
Last edited by loczek123 on Mar 12, 2020, 9:50:50 AM
"
loczek123 wrote:
I also decided to make myself AW guardian, although I have a little different plans, because I want to include Herald of Purity, pasting 4 link Purity Default Attack does 300k dps (with Pride off), multiplying 4 times sentinels gives us 1.2 million on 4 links, of course we have to give up Pride but we can also use sentinels for Culling Strike etc. Therefore, Chains of Command will definitely not be in my target, anyway it is "on Kill" which is inefficient when it is needed most (bosses) , reducing the maximum amount of AW to 14 makes duplicate built on kill is completely unnecessary, increased AW damage per AW also does not make such a kick as at 50 so this chest in my opinion is weak.

I will definitely observe this topic, which is still striking is the strange skill tree (127% life is overkill), below what I will be doing (in your PoB I did it). Rather, I will give up Increased Duration, AW will have 48 seconds duration with Enduring Bound is rather enough to hold 14 minions and still have time to relax :)

Talent tree that I will use at level 80 (i.e. as in your PoB), I also added a double golem, dmg dps boost, increased life is 191%, finally over 200% at 90+ :)
for a solid comparison, I added everything in your PoB.

https://pastebin.com/Am9JWHMe

Your tree doesn't have any cluster nodes allocated, in general has way less sockets which is strong for minions, and also will require a lot of dex from gear whereas mine does not.

I'm not saying your build won't work, but merely that there is a good reason for the decisions made. I likely will also drop increased duration, instead possibly opting for the nearby flask nodes.
Definitely going to try animate weapon this league. Your ideas look very interesting.

Thank you and good luck.
Do you think a Cold Iron Point would be worth using for this? You're basically just using it to give Animate Weapon +3 levels, but I have a feeling that may actually be worth it.

Obviously, I don't know how common those are for SSF, but it might be viable outside of that.
Last edited by Gilderoy on Mar 12, 2020, 11:23:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info