Cold ANIMATE WEAPON Summoner | League-Start & Leveling Guide

shadosan1
You must not be using the forked PoB as those figures seem way off.

@Razorwind
In the long run Clay Shaper is going to be worse than an endgame wand by a large margin, so I would say not worth it.

INcrease91
You'll just have to figure it out yourself... Unique jewels are primarily leveling items / asides to the build and not part of the core equipment. Open PoB and try out some spots you might want to put the jewels, if you're using them.

"
TheRealDeria wrote:

1) Raise Zombie gets dropped from the build somewhere along the way, but flesh offering is kept. Is flesh offering really worth more than 7 (at my current level) zombies?

2) ...I feel like I could be contributing more to the efforts of my little army. I tried blade blast for using up the extra blades, but it was super underwhelming.

3) I'm using Animated Guardian wrong. I mean, I must be. It dies so often that I'm reluctant to give it gear worth more than 1 alchemy orb.

1 & 2. Raise Zombie gets dropped after A1/A2 (I dislike using it). Flesh Offering is amazing for DPS as well as your own movement speed so keeping it up all the time is essential.

2. Bladefall on bosses for EE, keep up full count of weapons, and cast Flesh Offering regularly, and use Convocation to pull your guys from pack to pack. It's already more active than 90% of summoner builds :)

3. My AG has never died yet since I started using it at level 85, with a level 19 gem at the time. I have The Oak (big regen), Sign of the Sin Eater (so he takes ailments), Ambu's Charge, Leer Cast, Victario's boots... So in total about 10c of gear. Use Convocation to pull him out when he starts getting low. A +2 minion helm helps a lot too.
I'll try those suggestions. One other question:

I ran into a metamorph today that straight-up murdered all of my pets at once. I don't know what he did, but it was a slaughter. Are there any particularly bad abilities to watch out for on Metamorphs as a summoner? Between this guys regen and his insta-kill AE for the pets, I basically just moved on to the next fight.
"
TheRealDeria wrote:
I'll try those suggestions. One other question:

I ran into a metamorph today that straight-up murdered all of my pets at once. I don't know what he did, but it was a slaughter. Are there any particularly bad abilities to watch out for on Metamorphs as a summoner? Between this guys regen and his insta-kill AE for the pets, I basically just moved on to the next fight.

try this

"
Blessed Rebirth
Minions have 20% increased maximum Life
Minions created Recently cannot be Damaged
-Помню, как толпа крестьян убить меня хотела,
После инквизиторы калечили мне тело!
Все восстало против молодого некроманта,
Сделав меня мучеником моего таланта.
I am so excited to add AG to my setup. I have the full gear set, including Kingmaker.

I am waiting for one more AG level and one more leveling point to get Indomitable Army in the tree. My AG is going to be a serious tank. POB says his health will be at a massive 126k once I complete these two steps.

I used AG a ton last league with my zombies and he is fantastic (with Kingmaker).

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Mar 21, 2020, 3:43:20 PM
Just want to thank OP for the great guide, and all the other partisipants in this thred. I enjoyed the build, but got a helmet enchant I could not roll over, (after a hole lot of fossils) so had to transiate over to the phys version.
I think I'm missing something. Are you using bladefall to apply EE? With Hatred active, bladefall is dealing cold damage which will end up undermining your damage instead of buffing it
Hope for the best.
Prepare for the worst.
"
halfg33k wrote:
I think I'm missing something. Are you using bladefall to apply EE? With Hatred active, bladefall is dealing cold damage which will end up undermining your damage instead of buffing it

Hatred is linked with generosity. As long as you don't have cold damage on gear bladefall won't do cold damage.
Just a question about the EE trigger.

I see "add X to X fire/lightning damage to spells" is required on an item.
Does "add X to X fire/lightning damage" work aswell? (ive got this on my weapon)

And with which skills are you actually triggering this EE. Ive read the whole post but couldnt really find out what skill you use to trigger that EE on monsters.

Thx in advance and keep up this great build!
"
Kwiep wrote:

Does "add X to X fire/lightning damage" work aswell? (ive got this on my weapon)

And with which skills are you actually triggering this EE. Ive read the whole post but couldnt really find out what skill you use to trigger that EE on monsters.

No because bladefall is a spell not an attack, need fire/thunder added as spell damage
"
Phemeto wrote:
"
Kwiep wrote:

No because bladefall is a spell not an attack, need fire/thunder added as spell damage

This is correct.

Just to make it a bit more confusing, you can get "add X to X fire/lightning damage" on a ring, and it WILL work for EE - as that is global - but having it locally on a weapon doesn't help, as it must be added to spells.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info