Cold ANIMATE WEAPON Summoner | League-Start & Leveling Guide

"
"

Yes that's how it works.

Have you seen any data on how many lingering blades are left after one bladefall?

I know auto cast bladefall leaves 50% less blades, but I never heard what the full number was to start with.

Six blades is what I recall.

My general thought is that we only need to cast at the start of a zone or near bosses, after that just target AW at whatever happens to drop.
"
"
Mecielle wrote:

There can even be an argument made to just leave it at level 1, for the lower mana cost. But since I am going for linking Life Leech support to my Bladefall, I am gonna use the highest level I can manage without sacrificing anything else on my gear to get more dex.

Interesting.

Do you feel bladefall with no supports will do enough damage to make life leech viable?

Is Life Leech going in place of Flame Dash from yesterdays POB that you kindly posted?

Since I don't need Bladefall to cover as many enemies as possible with EE, I took out Spell Cascade for it.

And I get around 1000-1200 life leeched per second from it, depending on what level of Bladefall I end up at. If it's worth it remains to be seen. But since there is no other sustain outside of 300-400 life regen, it might make mapping feel a bit better.
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 13, 2020, 2:51:09 PM
"
Lejvingdude wrote:
Here's my personal PoB. It doesn't include any compensation to make AW to the new version, so take the damage with a grain of salt.

https://pastebin.com/xG8nBvd3

Power+frenzy charges from Spectres. The build featuring 81/80/85/89 res, some ok armor, 20% spell block. Thanks to glorious vanity, 50% of elemental taken is taken as chaos damage. 40% of physical is taken as lightning damage thanks to chest and watchers eye. ~200% life increase in tree. You will be tanky.

Edit: due to lot of damage taken as chaos, you NEED to cap chaos res.

The mana reserve is an issue, depending on the final mana cost of animated weapon. First step is to disable Precision, and I will probably substitute it with vaal grace. Second step is to add enlighten to skitterbots and put flame dash somewhere else, probably replacing convocation. The second step is hopefully not needed.

Even though this is ~midgame, there's plenty of places to grow. With levels you can get another two slots of jewels. After that you can take more life. If you're low on mana, going Mystic Bulwark and thanks to our shield and we get some easy mana regen, can even work in Tempest Shield buff somewhere for even more mana+block.

The rares with HP are counted for 70hp each, which is on the lower side. A stygian with %life and 100life can easily help you by a fair bit. Forgoing unset and getting a 7% life ring and there you have another big contributor. There's no doubt you will reach 6k hp, with little pushing 6.5k and later we might even reach 7k+. The hardest part will be getting all the necessary chaos res. Potentially we're gonna have to have use some fill-in jewels either for chaos or compensate for res.

The mainweapon is ridiculously low. Depending on what happens with gem levels, a +2 (or even +1) wand will probably eat this one for breakfast. Tons of damage to be gained there.

The boots not only give us a 25 purity of lightning, it has the perfect built in line that it adds fire damage to spells and attacks, which solves the EE problem.

Later on we can potentially corrupt some things.
The shield can have "8 of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Chaos Damage" and with our high chaos res, this will just further lower the phys damage taken. Gloves could be corrupted for ele weakness on hit.
Anoint or path to Whispers of Doom, and you can run frostbite too, which should give you a ton of dps, especially on bosses.

In general the tree is a WiP, and I don't have a great way to get to the edges now for the new jewels. Gonna have to see them in my hand and work with them to figure out if it's worth it. Would love to get suggestions here.

All of this though stands and fall on the fact that animated weapon can carry the dps and we can mainly focus on defensives.

Nice setup, It almost makes me think necros can still be quite tanky after the baron and the spirit offering nerfs. Looking forward to starting with AW and see how it works out. Still not sure if to go elemental or phys yet.
Worst case scenario as a necro you can switch to other setups(baron zombies/golems/SRS) without too much investments/restarting if AW turns out turdy
The data for new gem is out:
https://poedb.tw/us/gem.php?n=Animate+Weapon

Looks like it will scale really well with gem level.
Hey thanks for the build.

I cant see any of your item filters, is that a bug or?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MoLoK13/item-filters
"
Mecielle wrote:

Since I don't need Bladefall to cover as many enemies as possible with EE, I took out Spell Cascade for it.

And I get around 1000-1200 life leeched per second from it, depending on what level of Bladefall I end up at. If it's worth it remains to be seen. But since there is no other sustain outside of 300-400 life regen, it might make mapping feel a bit better.

excellent.

This is one case where self casting Bladefall might actually be better since you don't have to wait the 4 seconds to get your leech.

Do you have an updated POB by any chance or is it the same as yesterday with this one chance?
8 years of hc with my own builds...

This is my first one using someone elses ideas, and also first time going the standard league so I can finally experience all that PoE has to offer I've had to skip so much over the years it will be like a brand new game to me.

So thanks MoLoK13, I have a lot of confidence in what you came up with -- you put a ton of time and long-term knowledge with this and it shows. Great job, and thank you.

I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
"
LuckYEiner wrote:

Good news but the CIP's are really going to be expensive
Hi

May someone post a link to item filter from the first page?
I still end with error message from filterblade. It says:

The online save-state you are trying to load could not be found.

Regards

Edit: after retrying many times it appears to finaly work
Last edited by Krompir on Mar 13, 2020, 3:18:47 PM
"
LuckYEiner wrote:

oh wow that looks awesome for the Phy builds if they can get to level 31.

20 blades and a shit ton of damage...

Even with out the corrupted gear, level 29 looks wow!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info