Cold ANIMATE WEAPON Summoner | League-Start & Leveling Guide

"
"
aka2411 wrote:
cant wait to start league with this build :D my first summoner as well.

can I ask how this version of AW compared to the one of Ghazzy or Tarke?

Ghazzy's build looks like a solid way if you want to do phys/impale. Downside is that with double Cold Iron Point, you have no option to have any spells being triggered so I think it will be a pain to play with 5+ hotkeys. (Not looking to revive the debate on cold vs phys, let's just wait for some experience in the league). Go back a few pages in the thread if you want to see that theory-crafted out in great detail.

The build Tarke looked at was a review of a submitted build that IMHO was a mess. Tarke was too nice in that build review and should have scrapped the thing he was sent and started from scratch. The ending tree looked okay but I strongly disagree with Anger/Wrath as ways to scale damage.

Yea saw that Tarke review too. I would recommend not taking anything from that and simply deciding between this cold version and Ghazzy's phys impale version.

And agreed, since I am going with the phys CIP version, the biggest fear is that the AWs will die very frequently in high tier maps, causing me having to manually resummon them too often. Cold has the definite advantage if that turns out to be the case.

I tried to mitigate that with a lot of minion life leech, but that doesn't protect the AWs from getting one shot. If the AW life stays the same, I expect them to have around 30k life with 6k life leeched per second.

If on the other hand it turns out that that is enough for them to survive high tier maps, I don't see a big problem with manually summoning them. They should end up with a duration of about 80 seconds, so throwing out a few resummons every so often should keep me at max.

Gotta wait and see. But yea, the problem of not being able to trigger is the top reason I can see of why I might end up with the cold version too in the end.

At least until the very late game. Dual wielding +2 wands and multicrafting minion attack speed and trigger on them looks like a very viable option for the phys version too. But we are talking 20ex+ wands at that point...
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 13, 2020, 1:41:04 PM
"
maladeth wrote:
"
Lejvingdude wrote:
Here's my personal PoB. It doesn't include any compensation to make AW to the new version, so take the damage with a grain of salt.

https://pastebin.com/xG8nBvd3

This is a very nice version of the build, I've used Glorious vanity on most of my previous summoners to solve the defense question.

One thing to be aware of though, you socket hatred into an Essence Worm, so no Generosity, so your bladefall and shield charge will proc cold EE. To solve this and keep the number of passive points around the same, I'd unspec some points in Marauder or Scion life wheel (RIP life), path through Avatar of Fire and grab the outer socket for an extra cluster jewel.

That's something I missed completely. Might consider skipping worm then and go generosity. Avatar of fire doesn't sound bad either. Thanks for suggestions
"
Lejvingdude wrote:
"
maladeth wrote:
"
Lejvingdude wrote:
Here's my personal PoB. It doesn't include any compensation to make AW to the new version, so take the damage with a grain of salt.

https://pastebin.com/xG8nBvd3

This is a very nice version of the build, I've used Glorious vanity on most of my previous summoners to solve the defense question.

One thing to be aware of though, you socket hatred into an Essence Worm, so no Generosity, so your bladefall and shield charge will proc cold EE. To solve this and keep the number of passive points around the same, I'd unspec some points in Marauder or Scion life wheel (RIP life), path through Avatar of Fire and grab the outer socket for an extra cluster jewel.

That's something I missed completely. Might consider skipping worm then and go generosity. Avatar of fire doesn't sound bad either. Thanks for suggestions

Avatar of Fire solve quite a bit of problem, I'm planning to use Frost Bomb with Curse on Hit Elemental Weakness, for a really big buff on dmg.
The following is written:

"
What it means to you: the level of Bladefall you use, or any supports attached to that skill, don’t matter for your DPS. All that counts is the level of your Animate Weapon.

But still all PoB's run with level 20 bladefall which pushes Dex requirements to 155.

Why is this?
"
Rosvall wrote:
The following is written:

"
What it means to you: the level of Bladefall you use, or any supports attached to that skill, don’t matter for your DPS. All that counts is the level of your Animate Weapon.

But still all PoB's run with level 20 bladefall which pushes Dex requirements to 155.

Why is this?

It is implied to not go out of your way to get dex for a higher level Bladefall since it is pretty obvious that it is not your main damage source. Just set it to however much you get. Probably somewhere around 100-120 dex since you need at least 100 dex for a level 21 AW and/or Hatred.

There can even be an argument made to just leave it at level 1, for the lower mana cost. But since I am going for linking Life Leech support to my Bladefall, I am gonna use the highest level I can manage without sacrificing anything else on my gear to get more dex.
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 13, 2020, 2:00:16 PM
Molok13, Thank you for the nice build and i applaud your decision to ask people to keep stuff on topic.
Can someone explain me: after bladefall, I need press AW 14 times? or how summoning work?
"
Mecielle wrote:

There can even be an argument made to just leave it at level 1, for the lower mana cost. But since I am going for linking Life Leech support to my Bladefall, I am gonna use the highest level I can manage without sacrificing anything else on my gear to get more dex.

Interesting.

Do you feel bladefall with no supports will do enough damage to make life leech viable?

Is Life Leech going in place of Flame Dash from yesterdays POB that you kindly posted?
Custom filters are now up.

Filterblade is currently badly overloaded so it may not work for you immediately.

It's possible that we don't even need to show weapons to animate, in which case just use whatever filter you normally would. (The most notable custom change in mine is showing Bone Spirit Shields while leveling in aid of that vendor recipe)

I'm not going to do any support on item filters, if you don't like mine make your own :)

"
Milanfan wrote:
Molok13, Thank you for the nice build and i applaud your decision to ask people to keep stuff on topic.

Yes, there was a lot of good info for other builds but at a certain point, that stuff just needs to be in a different thread.

"
RawDamage wrote:
Can someone explain me: after bladefall, I need press AW 14 times? or how summoning work?

Yes that's how it works.
Last edited by ThanatoZGaming on Mar 13, 2020, 2:33:09 PM
"

Yes that's how it works.

Have you seen any data on how many lingering blades are left after one bladefall?

I know auto cast bladefall leaves 50% less blades, but I never heard what the full number was to start with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info