Cold ANIMATE WEAPON Summoner | League-Start & Leveling Guide

"
FelFelFel wrote:
Also on a different note:

Your POB shows you have 13% unreserved mana, 6l AW costs 60 mana, which would be only 2 casts at < 1300 mana, and 3 if you invest into mana a bit and get it a bit higher

Enduring mana flasks dont work like they used to anymore, so you could only cast 2-3 AW before being out of mana, which seems scary for boss fights

You don't have EB or any other way to solve this problem from i can see, devouring diadem is an option i assume, but not for league start and you list other helmets as better endgame options.

Am i missing something? How do we sustain mana?

The new AW gem shows a fix cost of 12 mana, the 6 link cost is 33.6 mana per cast. Look like a non-issue.
"
Mecielle wrote:

I think he already counted the reduced mana cost. At least I end up at around 60 mana cost for my phys version with the new base of 12.

can you post your phy POB link?
@MoLok13 - Will you be posting an updated/finalized version of the PoB before release?

Also, just to make sure i understand this correctly, the weapons you spawn with Blade Vortex/Blade Fall are copies of the weapon you have equipped?
My Supporter Pack list compensates for my small penis.
"
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Animate Weapon mana cost has gone from 26 to 12. So 60 mana cost on 3.9 version would be about 28 mana in 3.10.

I do think Sovereignty will be a must-have, though. Plus extra mana and mana regen on jewelry, and potentially a Lvl 1 Clarity aura. We'll see.

I think he already counted the reduced mana cost. At least I end up at around 60 mana cost for my phys version with the new base of 12.

Okay, I think my tree must be taking more reduced mana nodes. I see mana cost of 69 using old gem.

Yea, you take the "Tireless" and "Aligned Spirits" wheels. I don't take those but if I take Sovereignty and Righteous Decree I end up at 53 mana cost with the new mana cost.
"
"
Mecielle wrote:

Here you go: https://pastebin.com/BYAxBG4s

It is based on Ghazzy's PoB. As usual, keep in mind its all still subject to change. The mana related nodes and especially the 6 points used to get "Potency of Will" might end up being used for something else.

Since the skill got changed so much and I never played AW before, this will be a "learning by doing" build for me, just using that tree as a baseline :D
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 12, 2020, 12:02:09 PM
"
Mecielle wrote:

It is based on Ghazzy's PoB. As usual, keep in mind its all still subject to change. The mana related nodes and especially the 6 points used to get "Potency of Will" might end up being used for something else.

thank you! Yes I understand this is all preliminary.
"
Relidar wrote:

Also, just to make sure i understand this correctly, the weapons you spawn with Blade Vortex/Blade Fall are copies of the weapon you have equipped?

When you cast Bladefall, it will leave an item called Lingering Blades on the ground.

Lingering Blades are Glass Shank bases with additional added Phy damage. There is no relation between Lingering Blades and the weapon you are carrying.

It will be these Lingering Blades that we mostly animate.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Mar 12, 2020, 12:55:19 PM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
"
Mecielle wrote:

Here you go: https://pastebin.com/BYAxBG4s

Since the skill got changed so much and I never played AW before, this will be a "learning by doing" build for me, just using that tree as a baseline :D

I have a question. I noticed that you left Animate Weapon at level 1. What is the reason for that? I had assumed we would be going to level 20 to get the max amount of blades and damage?

I did see that the mana usage obviously increases when we go to level 20, is that the reason you stay at level 1?
"
I have a question. I noticed that you left Animate Weapon at level 1. What is the reason for that? I had assumed we would be going to level 20 to get the max amount of blades and damage?

I did see that the mana usage obviously increases when we go to level 20, is that the reason you stay at level 1?

Nah, its just to make it easier simulating the changes in 3.10. Look at the mana flask, the mods there plus a level 1 AW simulate a level 20 AW perfectly. I calculated the mana cost with that in mind. 53 mana per cast at level 20 AW with the current tree.

Once the gem info gets updated to PoB just remove that flask and set AW to its real level.
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 12, 2020, 12:13:12 PM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"

Nah, its just to make it easier simulating the changes in 3.10. Look at the mana flask, the mods there plus a level 1 AW simulate a level 20 AW perfectly. I calculated the mana cost with that in mind. 53 mana per cast at level 20 AW with the current tree.

Once the gem info gets updated to PoB just remove that flask and set AW to its real level.

ahh!! I see now! :)

Thanks, that makes perfect sense.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info