Cold ANIMATE WEAPON Summoner | League-Start & Leveling Guide

"
"
Deadmad wrote:
what about accuracy? its enough from tree or we need some more from gear?
i cant find any info about AW base accuracy

I just posted this question to Reddit as I can't find any information either.

If some one responds I will post the answer here.

I answered that question 2 comments above.

"
"
Mecielle wrote:

I think it will be the other way around. Phys will have a much easier time scaling with bad gear.

Depends on how to define bad gear, I think. Does that include a 4 green Triad Grip?

Yea, with 4g Triads too, even if you can't really count Triads as bad gear, they will be very expensive in the first few days, but CIP will be too, so that is the same for both versions I guess. It's just in the nature of Impale and minion gem level scaling to do crazy damage with no gear.

What are your thoughts on the need for Feeding Frenzy linked to AW to get decent clear speed? Other minion builds absolutely need the aggressive AI to be fast, even with the new nerf.
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 12, 2020, 11:13:09 AM
In a normal mapping sczeario, you are just going to use the dropped weapons of enemies anyway right? All these POBs i've seen use the etheral "glass shank" weapon from a blade skill, but that's only relevant for bossing i assume?

are regulary dropped weapons in a mapping scenario stronger or weaker than that, since they dont get the bonus phys from the gem?
"
FelFelFel wrote:
In a normal mapping sczeario, you are just going to use the dropped weapons of enemies anyway right? All these POBs i've seen use the etheral "glass shank" weapon from a blade skill, but that's only relevant for bossing i assume?

are regulary dropped weapons in a mapping scenario stronger or weaker than that, since they dont get the bonus phys from the gem?

Wasn't going to use other dropped weapons, even while clearing. I mean, might get one by accident, but I was just going with Bladefall at the start of a map, get some of my AWs and then run the map, summoning more whenever . With how much skill effect and minion duration we get, we might not even have to resummon them for a map. If my math checks out we should get somewhere around 80 second duration.

And on average I can't see other dropped weapons be much better than the 17-80 added phys and 1.5 APS for Lingering Blades. And that is for AW level 20. Cold version can end up at like 24-25 and phys version at 31-32, even without Empower. So the added phys gets a lot higher too.
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 12, 2020, 11:28:18 AM
"
FelFelFel wrote:

I have fully intended to use the Lingering Blades from Bladefall for both QOL and the nice added bonus of how much flat PHY damage they are are adding.
Also on a different note:

Your POB shows you have 13% unreserved mana, 6l AW costs 60 mana, which would be only 2 casts at < 1300 mana, and 3 if you invest into mana a bit and get it a bit higher

Enduring mana flasks dont work like they used to anymore, so you could only cast 2-3 AW before being out of mana, which seems scary for boss fights

You don't have EB or any other way to solve this problem from i can see, devouring diadem is an option i assume, but not for league start and you list other helmets as better endgame options.

Am i missing something? How do we sustain mana?
Last edited by FelFelFel on Mar 12, 2020, 11:26:57 AM
"
FelFelFel wrote:

Your POB shows you have 13% unreserved mana, 6l AW costs 60 mana, which would be only 2 casts at < 1300 mana, and 3 if you invest into mana a bit and get it a bit higher

Enduring mana flasks dont work like they used to anymore, so you could only cast 2-3 AW before being out of mana, which seems scary for boss fights

You don't have EB or any other way to solve this problem from i can see, devouring diadem is an option i assume, but not for league start and you list other helmets as better endgame options.

The current POB I think is still using the mana from the old AW.

I believe the new AW has less mana usage.

I don't understand this line though:

" 6l AW costs 60 mana, which would be only 2 casts at < 1300 mana"

How are you only getting two casts with a 1300 man pool? Shouldn't it be more like 20+?

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Mar 12, 2020, 11:30:56 AM
"
FelFelFel wrote:

Well, you did forget the normal mana regen, for my PoB at around 45. And what do you mean only 2-3 AW before being out of mana with an Enduring mana flask? It's not like they turned them into normal mana flasks. And if it turns out the enduring mana flasks is not enough now, there is always "Lavianga's Spirit". That is a full 20+ seconds of no mana costs for skills, even without gaining flask charges, which you usually do even during boss fights.

But yea, I have been thinking about picking up Sovereignty, at least if I feel like I need it for QoL. It also gives a nice amount of damage from the aura effectiveness, so it is actually pretty nice. Or maybe just the two points for Righteous Decree will be enough.

Just gotta wait and see. The PoB gear also has no mana or mana regen on it. You usually end up with at least some of that.

Overall, it is not an unfixable problem and I am not too worried about it.

Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 12, 2020, 11:45:03 AM
Animate Weapon mana cost has gone from 26 to 12. So 60 mana cost on 3.9 version would be about 28 mana in 3.10.

I do think Sovereignty will be a must-have, though. Plus extra mana and mana regen on jewelry, and potentially a Lvl 1 Clarity aura. We'll see.
"
Animate Weapon mana cost has gone from 26 to 12. So 60 mana cost on 3.9 version would be about 28 mana in 3.10.

I do think Sovereignty will be a must-have, though. Plus extra mana and mana regen on jewelry, and potentially a Lvl 1 Clarity aura. We'll see.

I think he already counted the reduced mana cost. At least I end up at around 60 mana cost for my phys version with the new base of 12.
"
Mecielle wrote:
"

I think he already counted the reduced mana cost. At least I end up at around 60 mana cost for my phys version with the new base of 12.

Okay, I think my tree must be taking more reduced mana nodes. I see mana cost of 69 using old gem.
Last edited by ThanatoZGaming on Mar 12, 2020, 11:48:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info