💀3.15💀 iLL3aT’s Cold Skeleton Warriors/Archers/Mages ❆ League Starter ❆ All Content ❆

If you go phys you just want to go shaper touch with vulnerablity on hit curse and Georgi Chest. But then you almost copy pasta baron build....
@Keyen - very good guide! You should update it for 3.9 or 3.10, as it is well written, off meta, and looks fun. The stuff on block was very interesting; I never really considered block as something to build around in my version, it was pretty much just a very welcome add on. You'll definitely get some credit once I get a chance to update the guide (was supposed to be today, but got busy).

@Vulgarny - I don't think phys skellies should use those, since there is not a lot of room to stack strength. The key strength stacking pieces, belt and amulet are already taken up by Leash of Oblation and a +1 skill gems/+1 skellies awakener orb craft. The body armor would also lose +1 skeleton and increased effects of offerings. For reference, I'm only at 234 strength. Without the ability to put in cyclone and spirit offering, that variant of skeleton summoner would just end up as an inferior version of zombies.

I would say the "best" chest for phys and for cold would like either one of the two I have under "my gear" 8(9). For phys, gloves would just be minion damage, life, and resistances, allowing for more offensive options (corruptions, minion damage/movement speed) on rings so 50% of my resistances do not have to crammed onto one ring like my setup.
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
"
iLL3aT wrote:
@Keyen - very good guide! You should update it for 3.9 or 3.10, as it is well written, off meta, and looks fun. The stuff on block was very interesting; I never really considered block as something to build around in my version, it was pretty much just a very welcome add on. You'll definitely get some credit once I get a chance to update the guide (was supposed to be today, but got busy).

Thanks. Not sure if I will update it, as I don't often play the same build multiple time, and i'm not sure about updating a guide about a build I don't play anymore (Especially since maim armor are out, the probably nerf to the necromancer, etc... Will need to change a lot).
Do you think the new Spellslinger support could fit into the build? Seems like it's possible to somewhat replicate the cyclone-cwc-spirit offering spam that other Necromancers use for another defensive layer, but not sure if it's possible with the limited sockets and mana reserve here.

EDIT: Nevermind, just noticed Spellslinger only triggers on wand attack.
Last edited by Blu3166 on Mar 2, 2020, 11:29:02 PM
@Keyen - fair enough.

@Blue3166 - yeah pretty much. The thing that threw me off was not the wand attack, but rather that it would need 3+ sockets, and also reserve mana. It would be cool to shoot off frost bombs and maybe SRS or something, but probably would not work out too well.

Jury is still out on the new jewels in my opinion. Most seem expensive point wise, as we only one close outer jewel socket (by minion instability - 3 points). Then we would have to spend three to eight more points to get to the keystone.
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
Hey again.

Did a little levling with this guide and gotten to like level 76 or so, so haven't finished it yet.
Gotten to like 620,000 dps pr skeleton so far, so wanted to try out if i could beat the syndicate boss.

ouch that didn't go well, but that's maybe cause i don't know the mechanics by heart. I kept getting one shot and got it down to like 75% or so.

Did beat some of the bosses that drops fragments, so it's viable enough even if unfinished.

Off course it's easier levling the character when i had the gear/currency to just equip old stuff from my last two summoners this league or buy it, so it will be interesting to see how it goes, when i start with 0 gear/currency next league.
Spent about 400 chaos and 6 exalts on this test character so far, plus equipping older gear/gems i had lying around.

The 400 chaos were spent trying to make some ok wands, by just spamming chaos on convoking wand level 85, but no luck, so i just used an old wand plus bought another one for the offerings.

Looking forward to next season :)
"
Virtuella wrote:
Hey again.

Did a little levling with this guide and gotten to like level 76 or so, so haven't finished it yet.
Gotten to like 620,000 dps pr skeleton so far, so wanted to try out if i could beat the syndicate boss.

ouch that didn't go well, but that's maybe cause i don't know the mechanics by heart. I kept getting one shot and got it down to like 75% or so.

Did beat some of the bosses that drops fragments, so it's viable enough even if unfinished.

Off course it's easier levling the character when i had the gear/currency to just equip old stuff from my last two summoners this league or buy it, so it will be interesting to see how it goes, when i start with 0 gear/currency next league.
Spent about 400 chaos and 6 exalts on this test character so far, plus equipping older gear/gems i had lying around.

The 400 chaos were spent trying to make some ok wands, by just spamming chaos on convoking wand level 85, but no luck, so i just used an old wand plus bought another one for the offerings.

Looking forward to next season :)

The mastermind is a very mechanical fight and is not so easy to beat with just DPS alone unfortunately. The good thing with a minion build is that you can focus on dodging though, so learning bosses is usually quicker. The deadliest attacks (as long as you're running circles since her attacks are mostly linear) are the summoned green crawling skeletons, and the pillar in the middle. Most people don't kill her though, since it ruins your syndicate setup. I'll kill mine at league end and maybe do a video.

For convokings, I would say buy them instead, unless you are trying the four fossils (corroded, metallic, jagged, shuddering) on a 84 (for empress's prefix) convoking wand. The +1 wands are "failed" +1/+1 attempts and at this point in league are very cheap.

Starting out is tough, but this build is fine even with just a six link and hatred. 600k per skellie is more than enough to take down all bosses in the game. We'll see how they hit necro when patch notes arrive though.
@blu3166 it's definitely possible. Based on the wording I believe it triggers all supported gems at the same time and doesn't need to be linked to an attack, but that could change. We also don't know how much mana it reserves. All depends on the numbers. With insane ES regen from spirit spamming, it is probably better to drop Corrupted Soul in such a case, and perhaps Leash of Oblation as well.

As for the attack gems, pretty much all the wand attacks are usable, with most also having a good CoH role if socketed right.

@virtuella If you're dying a lot, the easiest way to get more defensive is getting more block. There are some decent block nodes just above Lord of the Dead. Of course, the 25% increased offering effect is itself a huge upgrade from bone offering. Investing into the constitution cluster is also pretty big. Since you don't seem to be using attacks, you can drop the spiritual command cluster and get points that way. Finally, having phase run in the last green socket gives you much more flexibility to dodge enemy attacks than you otherwise would. Popping phase run makes you less of a target, and if you exit phase run by using convocation the enemy is dead before they notice you.

I incorporated these ideas into my own build, similar to iLL3at's but more defense oriented. Maybe it helps: https://pastebin.com/qRU4vuRt
"
wazzupdj wrote:

@virtuella If you're dying a lot, the easiest way to get more defensive is getting more block. There are some decent block nodes just above Lord of the Dead. Of course, the 25% increased offering effect is itself a huge upgrade from bone offering. Investing into the constitution cluster is also pretty big. Since you don't seem to be using attacks, you can drop the spiritual command cluster and get points that way. Finally, having phase run in the last green socket gives you much more flexibility to dodge enemy attacks than you otherwise would. Popping phase run makes you less of a target, and if you exit phase run by using convocation the enemy is dead before they notice you.

I incorporated these ideas into my own build, similar to iLL3at's but more defense oriented. Maybe it helps: https://pastebin.com/qRU4vuRt

I recon i would die less if i had my life nodes finished and also the Pantheons in order.
I will try your suggestions next league when i start a new character again :)
I played the pure phys triple offering version of this build exclusively this league. I promised myself to not go minions next league but dam this is so tempting lol. The scaling looks amazing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info