💀3.15💀 iLL3aT’s Cold Skeleton Warriors/Archers/Mages ❆ League Starter ❆ All Content ❆

"
bankai1009 wrote:
For Level 2 Gear (budget), would you be able to take down a Sirius Awakener 8?
Whats the dps roughly on this build at that stage of gearing?

I really have to re word that. It’s supposed to mean that you have between 1-5 exalts, and not that it’s a budget version of the build. I killed my first Sirus (aw7) somewhere between level 1 and 2 gear. Skellies just by themselves are mega strong worth a six link and nothing else. Dps was probably about 1m/skellie x 10 or so.

Think I just had a six link, 21 Vaal skellies, and a single +1 wand.

I’ll see if I can run a quick PoB when I get home
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
Looking at trying it out next league too...

I would say maybe adjust the gear costs for each level during the next league and maybe split the 6 - 50 ex level as that is pretty wide. I would think a nice chest, 2 +1 wands, and the amulet may hit your 5 ex budget pretty quickly.
And also 2 +2 gems wands, +3 helm, and an offering chest gets expensive real quick.

Also, is gem level the most important factor (dps) on a minion gem? Would you say a level 21/0 minion gem is better than a 20/20 minion gem?

Currently doing the physical version with just +1 wands and amulet and the baron helm and was able to kill Sirus at level 8.

Thanks for the build!
"
Tallion99 wrote:

I would say maybe adjust the gear costs for each level during the next league and maybe split the 6 - 50 ex level as that is pretty wide. I would think a nice chest, 2 +1 wands, and the amulet may hit your 5 ex budget pretty quickly.
And also 2 +2 gems wands, +3 helm, and an offering chest gets expensive real quick.

Also, is gem level the most important factor (dps) on a minion gem? Would you say a level 21/0 minion gem is better than a 20/20 minion gem?

Currently doing the physical version with just +1 wands and amulet and the baron helm and was able to kill Sirus at level 8.

Thanks for the build!

I was actually thinking I had too many tiers, haha!

1-5 exalts is loosely based on 1 ex per wand, 1-1.5 ex for the amulet, and 1.5-2 ex for everything else (including about 30-50c for 4g triads)

6-50 exalts is loosely based on 10 exp per wand, ~5 ex for the amulet, ~10 ex for the chest, ~5 ex for the helm, and 10 ex for the rest. It's kind of variable since you can get many many different types of +1/+1 wands.

A +3 helm with minion life/dmg is not too bad (just use bound fossils). However, wanting -9 and an open prefix on top...that's quite a bit harder (bound + frigid).

Past 50...A good high-end end game wand starts at around 35 ex (+1/+1, 50+% minion damage, multimod atk speed/trigger), though some go to 100 ex. You'll also have to jam together multiple chests and amulets to land something nice. My helmet's base (86 elder bone helm with flesh offering enchant) cost 15 ex, and then I had to craft on top of it. The build can get pretty expensive.

21/0 is recommended early league since it's about 2c/div card, and 20/20s doesn't exist yet. A gem level is about 10% dmg and 10% skellie life. They're probably more or less the same, though if skellie level goes from 24 to 25, then you get an extra max skellie too.
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
"
iLL3aT wrote:
"
bankai1009 wrote:
For Level 2 Gear (budget), would you be able to take down a Sirius Awakener 8?
Whats the dps roughly on this build at that stage of gearing?

I really have to re word that. It’s supposed to mean that you have between 1-5 exalts, and not that it’s a budget version of the build. I killed my first Sirus (aw7) somewhere between level 1 and 2 gear. Skellies just by themselves are mega strong worth a six link and nothing else. Dps was probably about 1m/skellie x 10 or so.

Think I just had a six link, 21 Vaal skellies, and a single +1 wand.

I’ll see if I can run a quick PoB when I get home

Ah that makes a lot more sense, thanks for explaining that!

Since your build does huge amounts of damage (even 30Mil is probably overkill!) then what changes could you make to increase either defense or speed?

Another question too! Would you advise crafting the gear since its mostly rares? Or do u think it would be cheaper to just buy? Im thinking particularly of the amulet and wands which look very pricey!
Edit: Let's forget about it for now, I will speak of it in 10 days :')
Last edited by Keyen on Mar 7, 2020, 12:37:04 PM
"
iLL3aT wrote:
"
Tallion99 wrote:

Thanks for the build!

I was actually thinking I had too many tiers, haha!

1-5 exalts is loosely based on 1 ex per wand, 1-1.5 ex for the amulet, and 1.5-2 ex for everything else (including about 30-50c for 4g triads)

6-50 exalts is loosely based on 10 exp per wand, ~5 ex for the amulet, ~10 ex for the chest, ~5 ex for the helm, and 10 ex for the rest. It's kind of variable since you can get many many different types of +1/+1 wands.

A +3 helm with minion life/dmg is not too bad (just use bound fossils). However, wanting -9 and an open prefix on top...that's quite a bit harder (bound + frigid).

Past 50...A good high-end end game wand starts at around 35 ex (+1/+1, 50+% minion damage, multimod atk speed/trigger), though some go to 100 ex. You'll also have to jam together multiple chests and amulets to land something nice. My helmet's base (86 elder bone helm with flesh offering enchant) cost 15 ex, and then I had to craft on top of it. The build can get pretty expensive.

21/0 is recommended early league since it's about 2c/div card, and 20/20s doesn't exist yet. A gem level is about 10% dmg and 10% skellie life. They're probably more or less the same, though if skellie level goes from 24 to 25, then you get an extra max skellie too.
People who can easily afford the 50 ex gear really only post "great build!" while everybody else post "What do i do next" or "what should i upgrade next"... :)

It really helps though to see what you expect the estimated costs of each item will be. I think the most i have ever spent was 4 ex on a chest piece...

Figured i would see how much it cost to craft the 4 green sockets on the gloves. cost me about 25c in jewelers and chromatics using the crafting bench and was pretty easy and quick.

Thanks for the info! looking forward to trying it out... I like the idea of everything freezing!
@bankai1009 - Probably just the crafts on the helm and chest - 70 life on helm and 8% life on chest. You can also run a temp chains or enfeeble curse in place of frostbite. You can get another 40 life as an implicit on the belt (triple offering variant), or if not running triple offering, a triple res with T1 life and hunter slammed T1 % life as well. A defensive passive can be annointed onto the amulet as well.

Gear crafting - most of my gear is self crafted, but you do need some currency before you can do so. For the amulet, I just jammed together a few +1 skellie and +1 all int gem amulets. If you can get an open prefix, you can craft life and be golden. The one I'm wearing now is the best of maybe 6 such crafts. Wand is about 80c/try with a 10% chance or so for +1/+1. For the best ones with minion dmg too, those are even rarer. I bought my bases off other players and then meta crafted those.

@Keyen - I saw that - very interesting for sure. :)

@Tallion99 - I usually only have 10-20 exalts a league, however, since this build was so strong, I killed a lot of conquerors and Sirus' early. Their early drops (+ metamorphs were super rewarding) funded a lot of gear.

It is unfortunately hard to estimate prices, since they fluctuate depending on the time of the league. An elder bone helm base early league was about 4 ex, while they're under 1 ex now. Wand prices and other prices fall as they become more available as well.

"
iLL3aT wrote:
@bankai1009 - Probably just the crafts on the helm and chest - 70 life on helm and 8% life on chest. You can also run a temp chains or enfeeble curse in place of frostbite. You can get another 40 life as an implicit on the belt (triple offering variant), or if not running triple offering, a triple res with T1 life and hunter slammed T1 % life as well. A defensive passive can be annointed onto the amulet as well.

Gear crafting - most of my gear is self crafted, but you do need some currency before you can do so. For the amulet, I just jammed together a few +1 skellie and +1 all int gem amulets. If you can get an open prefix, you can craft life and be golden. The one I'm wearing now is the best of maybe 6 such crafts. Wand is about 80c/try with a 10% chance or so for +1/+1. For the best ones with minion dmg too, those are even rarer. I bought my bases off other players and then meta crafted those.

@Tallion99 - I usually only have 10-20 exalts a league, however, since this build was so strong, I killed a lot of conquerors and Sirus' early. Their early drops (+ metamorphs were super rewarding) funded a lot of gear.

It is unfortunately hard to estimate prices, since they fluctuate depending on the time of the league. An elder bone helm base early league was about 4 ex, while they're under 1 ex now. Wand prices and other prices fall as they become more available as well.

Thanks a lot for that answer!

Just 1 more question if I may. How does life sustain work on this build? For zombie builds, you got the Baron helm. But for skeletons, are we just relying on life flasks?
"
iLL3aT wrote:

Well, it may be the case, or it may not. Information contradict itself, with a dev saying that "utility" jewels will be medium only (and damage large only), despite several damage jewels teasers being medium. If it's restricted to a size, it's dead on arrival, if it's just weighted, it's probably not.
Last edited by Keyen on Mar 8, 2020, 7:44:19 AM
I tried this build with scuffed baron gear and it works great in t16. My gear was 2 wands crafted with minion damage essense (garbage, not even +1) and crafted trigger, rare chest crafted with life essence, astramentis, 1 offering. Thanks for the build man.

"
iLL3aT wrote:

Assuming spirit offering is getting dunked. Is it worth to run 2 offering setup in 3.10 ? How can we improve survability ? (block cap ? more armor + VMS ?) I miss my 2000 ES per sec regen and Life leech

I hope new + 1 dash gem is green. Flesh offering + dash + phase run + alchemist QS = POG
Last edited by ActiveSlay on Mar 8, 2020, 9:08:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info