💀3.15💀 iLL3aT’s Cold Skeleton Warriors/Archers/Mages ❆ League Starter ❆ All Content ❆

I took a look at the tree you mentioned and I think I will reset the minion life nodes out for Glorious Vanity and a cluster jewel set up. Thanks for the idea!
Last edited by RegulusX on Feb 9, 2021, 3:44:58 AM
"
RegulusX wrote:
I took a look at the tree you mentioned and I think I will reset the minion life nodes out for Glorious Vanity and a cluster jewel set up. Thanks for the idea!

Fair - you may need to level to 90 or so to fit both in.

But yeah, a temple wand with trigger is better than a naked +1 for sure.

Most important cluster jewel for skeletons is blessed rebirth IMO - four seconds of immortality for them means you don't have to invest in minion survivability anymore, freeing up a lot of points for offence or life.
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
Got a pair of the 70% mana regen boots, helps a lot. Able to drop clarity and as such can resummon golem etc in combat if required.

Good shout on those.
Certainly enjoying this build! I end up playing a Skelly necro of some variety every league, so this was a nice new idea for this league for me.

That said, I'm struggling a little with higher content. I have confidence that clear speed for maps will improve with some scaling and a little more active gem swapping, but I'm struggling with survivability a little.

It's not too bad, but I don't feel like I can map at the pace I prefer without getting one-shot.

Does anyone have advice on what I can do to be a bit more tanky?

EDIT: For some more info: I'm using Crushclaws for Spectres, and a Dying Breath/Victario's Flight level AG.
Last edited by JackNightmare on Feb 9, 2021, 11:11:24 AM
"
JackNightmare wrote:
Certainly enjoying this build! I end up playing a Skelly necro of some variety every league, so this was a nice new idea for this league for me.

That said, I'm struggling a little with higher content. I have confidence that clear speed for maps will improve with some scaling and a little more active gem swapping, but I'm struggling with survivability a little.

It's not too bad, but I don't feel like I can map at the pace I prefer without getting one-shot.

Does anyone have advice on what I can do to be a bit more tanky?

EDIT: For some more info: I'm using Crushclaws for Spectres, and a Dying Breath/Victario's Flight level AG.

Looks like you're doing everything right from a gear perspective. You should have 5-5.5k life + 1.5k ES + bone barrier so I find it a bit odd that you're getting one shot.

A few things to look at: +2 chain maps without the pantheon is instant death for any minion build. Flasks can be improved (the life flask can be a panic button, while the others are very defensive). Otherwise try to elaborate on what's killing you, and I'll see if I can think of something.

Copy these flasks:
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
Thanks for the reply.

I'm at about 5k Life, 1.5k ES, so that's about right.

It could be map mods I'm being too cocky about, like +crit/+crit or +Phys as Ele damage. Chain I'm trying to be careful of until I get around to pantheon upgrading, but it may have slipped through here and there. I'll be a little more careful on mods to see if that makes a noticeable difference.

The build is great, I probably just play a little too carefree. I'll let you know if I can gather some more info, and keep upgrading. Thanks again! :)

EDIT: OH! I got something. Regen feels low. I sit at half health for a good while often.

EDIT 2: "Swarm-y" content, such as Delirium, seems to be a real struggle for me. Stuff seems to get through and chunk me down if I'm not on my A game with positioning and Dash.
Last edited by JackNightmare on Feb 9, 2021, 1:28:00 PM
"
iLL3aT wrote:
"
RegulusX wrote:

Most important cluster jewel for skeletons is blessed rebirth IMO - four seconds of immortality for them means you don't have to invest in minion survivability anymore, freeing up a lot of points for offence or life.

I actually already fit them in. I was following someone else's build guide (which was quite good, to their credit) and they invested in a lot of minion life - I wasn't super sold on that, so I respec'd. Once I level up, I'll exactly have the points for BR.

Sorry, what's a temple wand? That's the part that was losing me.
"
RegulusX wrote:
"
iLL3aT wrote:
"
RegulusX wrote:

I actually already fit them in. I was following someone else's build guide (which was quite good, to their credit) and they invested in a lot of minion life - I wasn't super sold on that, so I respec'd. Once I level up, I'll exactly have the points for BR.

It's a wand from alva temple that gives "Minions have #% chance to deal Double Damage"

I'm running Primal Crushclaw Spectres and the Skele archer build and I want more DPS for the skeles. I took a look at your POB and it seems like the largest DPS increase for me is getting your god tier wands. Based on my gear, is that sort of what you're seeing, too?

Am I better off running melee skeles for now, instead?
"
RegulusX wrote:

Yeah odif's tree is solid for its goals in helping people get to the endgame while allowing some leeway. Mine's optimized for endgame with a goal in 3.13 of taking down the Feared (which it has done).

The minion damage & double damage hybrid mod is the temple mod. It's a lot of damage and super cheap!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info