💀3.15💀 iLL3aT’s Cold Skeleton Warriors/Archers/Mages ❆ League Starter ❆ All Content ❆

"
DMRL wrote:
Thank you so much for this. I bit the bullet this league and tried out a minion build for the first time ever, and I'm really enjoying it. I took a little too many liberties (lazy) while levelling, and find myself extremely squishy and lacking damage, but I recognize that's entirely my fault. I've swapped back to my arcmage to pick up some convoking wands because I never picked them up in the past. Can't wait to go back, and I'm giving serious consideration to throwing my one regrading lense at a skeleton gem to see if I land phantasmal!

You made a wonderful build, and the amount of work you put into the guide is phenomenal. Thank you in particular for the crafting section—I'm so bad at it I've gone SSF to force myself to learn. Now that level four involves a minion helmet do you have plans to add crafting advice for that? Either way I appreciate all the information. You've made my first experience with minions enjoyable.

Thank you! The crafting is kinda basic in the level 4 section - I'll update the crafting section itself with more detail, but that takes more time since that post is at the 50,000 character limit, meaning I have to cut something else for it. Let me know if you have crafting related questions though!
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
"
kayella wrote:
"
iLL3aT wrote:
Thanks Kay! There's a plan to do that eventually. The hard part is learning all of the video editing and finding the time to put it together. Speaking of which, which video editor do you use? A friend suggested OpenShot but I haven't put any time to learning it or any others yet.

There's a plan to do a new player version of super budget phys skellies as well, sometime in the future.

I started with Openshot! It was easy to use but the features a bit limited and render time was really slow. Maybe it's better now? I think it's good for starting.

But now I use adobe premiere. It has a lot of features and render time is very fast. I use a lot of adobe apps for my videos actually.

Anyway I hope to see your video guide soon! Your build is good and more people should know about it!

Can u 2 do a collab with a spectre skele build? :D i followed both ur guides for a while
"
iLL3aT wrote:
Level 4 Gear Updated (or the great minion hat migration). I've also added a skeleton archer Maven kill!

Maven Kill – Skeleton Archers

As suspected, the damage output for skeleton archers (warriors not tested, but historically they're about equal or higher than archers) is much greater than with skeleton mages.

I've also killed The Feared (Cortex, uber Atziri, Chayula, Shaper, Elder) twice with archers. However, the fight is not clean and makes for terrible videos. I'll get one eventually.

I had the fortune to play with a minion hat back in harvest, but they were not initially planning to bring harvest back. However, now that it's here, we can have our cool toys again, pushing DPS up greatly for most players!

Nice! How many mil dps u will need for that? Has been a little bit afraid to do it.

Also do you have an idea what to use for chest after moving to hat? I am content with saquawal now, just curious what other options might be (aside of saquawal and belly which are quite obvious). Looks like you get hunter with %max life and offering?
Last edited by sSs1897 on Feb 8, 2021, 4:55:22 PM
"
iLL3aT wrote:

Thank you! The crafting is kinda basic in the level 4 section - I'll update the crafting section itself with more detail, but that takes more time since that post is at the 50,000 character limit, meaning I have to cut something else for it. Let me know if you have crafting related questions though!

I do have a couple of questions!

Is elder the best influence for a minion helmet? As I understand it that's the gem-as-affixes influence.
When fossil crafting are bound fossils not that important? I didn't see them in section 4.
Would you put a +1/+1 wand over a +1/high roll on minion damage wand or below?
Are there any corruptions I should target first? I'm running a lot of Alva and thanks to the new passives in Glennach I have a lot of corrupt rooms.

Not a crafting question, but have you ever tried farming phantasmal skellies yourself? I'm weighing farming grand heists vs gambling my lens. I will likely end up using the lens anyway, but if you have experience I would appreciate it. Thanks again!
Any tips on how to maintain your defenses? I feel a little squishy. Here's my gear.

Should I go for a +1 ammy? Can't decide what to buy.

"
DMRL wrote:
"
iLL3aT wrote:

I do have a couple of questions!

Is elder the best influence for a minion helmet? As I understand it that's the gem-as-affixes influence.
When fossil crafting are bound fossils not that important? I didn't see them in section 4.
Would you put a +1/+1 wand over a +1/high roll on minion damage wand or below?
Are there any corruptions I should target first? I'm running a lot of Alva and thanks to the new passives in Glennach I have a lot of corrupt rooms.

Not a crafting question, but have you ever tried farming phantasmal skellies yourself? I'm weighing farming grand heists vs gambling my lens. I will likely end up using the lens anyway, but if you have experience I would appreciate it. Thanks again!

By looking at the weights phantasm skelleton has 10 weight while others have 20/50/100..... Wont suggest doing lens
Note that the weights are at poedb and its better to look at them before slamming lens. Like using lens on flesh offering is legit, on skelleton for archer.... not really
"
sSs1897 wrote:

By looking at the weights phantasm skelleton has 10 weight while others have 20/50/100..... Wont suggest doing lens
Note that the weights are at poedb and its better to look at them before slamming lens. Like using lens on flesh offering is legit, on skelleton for archer.... not really

Oh, thank you for that. I wasn't aware that was on poedb. To heists I go!
Hi im a first time cold skeleton player, i have seen that it can deals a lot of damage but there is one problem im struggling with is i'm too quishy. Here is my POB can u take a look and tell me what im i doing wrong and what should i buy to progress
https://pastebin.com/UKpQceFs
"
BoNEcrSHa wrote:
Can u 2 do a collab with a spectre skele build? :D i followed both ur guides for a while

Up to Kay, but scaling two minion types is not ideal. I think a couple have done skeletons in the chest for bossing and spectres in a hat for clear, or vice versa already.
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
"
sSs1897 wrote:
Nice! How many mil dps u will need for that? Has been a little bit afraid to do it.

Also do you have an idea what to use for chest after moving to hat? I am content with saquawal now, just curious what other options might be (aside of saquawal and belly which are quite obvious). Looks like you get hunter with %max life and offering?

Eleven mil or so in the video I think. The mage one was...six mil? You don't need a lot of DPS on Maven as long as you can do the mechanics. The hardest part is the final phase with the moving beams, but you can save vaal summon skeletons and take off a big chunk of her health there.

Something like this - this one only cost me 5c, a few jewelers, and one ex to slam +1 curse on the TFT discord (if they scam it...it cost me 5c lol). I'm running 3x curses right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info