[3.16] g00fy_goober's Ball Lightning Miner Saboteur (Easily clear all content) REVAMPED

Could you please have a look on this tree ?

http://poeurl.com/dpTd
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
"
Saquu wrote:
i hope you forum guide creators get exiled eventually. passive tree not even available, but stuff is good to go and 3.16 in title.

bunch of trolls.

Honestly the problem is you and your expectations.... Even if patchnotes, POB and everything came out fully updated and someone tore into their buildguide and completely theorycrafted it up with new stuff it will still be just that.... THEORYCRAFTED.

Any build guide creator worth their salt would not put something into a build guide until it was fully tried and tested.

Having 3.16 in title of a build guide does not mean it has all the 3.16 info and new stuff in there and is ready to go... it means that besides for w/e new additions/changes happen in 3.16 patch the build is up to date and ready to go.

This is explained both in the very first section in changelog that has big colored bold letters saying READ THIS FIRST.

Your apparent expectation/thought for seeing a build guide with the upcoming league launch number (3.16) in title is that guide is updated and has all the new future league launch stuff in it.

Which is wrong.

It means that the build is ready for 3.16 launch and anything that is new or changed you will have to use your own common sense on and are free to test it out until the build guide is updated much further into the league.

Don't be mad and take it out on others because you don't understand how it works.

Maybe don't put 3.16 in the title until you actually update the guide for 3.16. I completely understand that updating the guide with all the new info will be quite the task, but updating your title with 3.16 is misleading at best.
"
DrazyHaze wrote:
Have you done any deep delving on this build?

I don't do "deep delving" on any of my builds. I go down 200-300 levels at most and that is about it. Usually chill out in 180-200 ilvl 83 areas as I like delve enough but not enough to spend most of my time in it.

"
ErueTV wrote:

Maybe don't put 3.16 in the title until you actually update the guide for 3.16. I completely understand that updating the guide with all the new info will be quite the task, but updating your title with 3.16 is misleading at best.

Again it is purely misguided expectations. 3.16 in guide means it is ready to be played for 3.16.... which it is. There is also a very prominent bolded and color changed note talking about the passive tree balance and that the guides are do not have this stuff incorporated into it yet and will require just a little bit of tweaking on the players part if they want to start with it.

As chris explained when they made the changes they kept the same baseline so all previous knowledge and where things were on the tree previously are still about the same. The nodes may be a little different, pathing might be a tad different and masteries are new....

BUT

the build does not all of a sudden become unplayable beacause you chose 1 mastery over another.

Build is ready to go for start of 3.16, if people want to do them for 3.16 they can with the information that is provided already. The build works just as it is RIGHT NOW.

Any new content (tree, jewels, items, ascendancy changes, gems, uniques, league specific stuff) that comes out will be updated in the future as long as it is tested and is sticking around.

That being said core passive skill tree changes and masteries ARE a bigger change than most patches/leagues so it is a bit different than most. Hopefully over the next couple days if I can fit it in I can slowly work on updating the builds with the new passive system.

But again you need to realize these are GUIDES. At it's core it is a guide to help players on a build, their gems, the supports, what tree that they should go, class, ascendency class, etc etc. It is not a step by step handholding no brain fool proof list of everything someone should do.

Anyone (including new players) should be able to take any of the guides I have with their current passive tree, and apply them to the new looking tree that comes out. That is why I have 3.16 in the title.

If someone does not want to put forth the littlest bit of effort to do so until I can go through and update the pob/poeplanners myself then feel free not to use my guides. No one is forcing you to stay here.

I don't get paid, I don't get donations. I simply do guides to help out the community and try to get players to enjoy the game as much as I do.
I feel like You should not even respond to this accusations.

Whatever the fck you write, im ok with it. Been using ur guides for years
"
Tran555 wrote:

Honestly it's not a big deal, ppl just see 3.16 and expect a fully updated and tested all 3.16 changes taken into account blah blah. But at BEST even if they had that, they are just theory crafted thrown together stuff with best GUESSES of how new stuff is or will be going by POB's calculations. None of it is tested.

Personally I would rather wait and test stuff properly before changing/updating guide.

The other part is that people are so entitled and expect everything spoon fed to them with 0 thinking or effort on their part....

I don't get any kind of money or special status or anything by making and sharing build guides. It is solely to help others. If they don't want to put for the tiniest bit of effort themselves.... then don't use my guides, no sweat off my back lol.
Projectile masterys 15% less projectile speed means you don't need more than 39% increased area to hit the max 13 ticks of damage, which is nice compared to the 128% you previously needed.

Just 74% will get you max ticks without anointing adjacent animosity too, which is easily doable.
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
"
Tran555 wrote:

Honestly it's not a big deal, ppl just see 3.16 and expect a fully updated and tested all 3.16 changes taken into account blah blah. But at BEST even if they had that, they are just theory crafted thrown together stuff with best GUESSES of how new stuff is or will be going by POB's calculations. None of it is tested.

Personally I would rather wait and test stuff properly before changing/updating guide.

The other part is that people are so entitled and expect everything spoon fed to them with 0 thinking or effort on their part....

I don't get any kind of money or special status or anything by making and sharing build guides. It is solely to help others. If they don't want to put for the tiniest bit of effort themselves.... then don't use my guides, no sweat off my back lol.

Honestly my only concern is that the patch does hit a few mechanics this build runs on, but will still definitely be building this when league starts.

Do have a few questions though if it hasn't been asked:
- Do you see a significant impact to aura reservations + prism guardian? Seeing as its key item in the build?
- Do we stick to pure ES or running evasion + es and Ghost Dance?
- Played around with the new tree, looks like the thread of hope placement has changed, is it worth still getting it in that part of the tree? Running large/medium rings gives you a choice of lightning damage or ES stones.
"
Rijndael wrote:

Honestly my only concern is that the patch does hit a few mechanics this build runs on, but will still definitely be building this when league starts.

Do have a few questions though if it hasn't been asked:
- Do you see a significant impact to aura reservations + prism guardian? Seeing as its key item in the build?
- Do we stick to pure ES or running evasion + es and Ghost Dance?
- Played around with the new tree, looks like the thread of hope placement has changed, is it worth still getting it in that part of the tree? Running large/medium rings gives you a choice of lightning damage or ES stones.

Hopefully betwen today and tomorrow I can get most of the trees redone and MOSTLY that should be it.

From what I'm seeing most aura reservations work out to exactly the same. I do know prism guardian was changed a bit but honestly will have to wait and see how things go.... As of right now I can't even pull up the POB's of over half my builds the POB just keeps crashing. Will have to see if I can check things properly tnite/tomorrow but if i can't even access the POB's i'm kind of stuck lol.

I doubt ES builds will change much, but I have no idea if it will be worth investing into a little bit of evasion just to pick up the ghost dance passive. Might be super great for recovery and will definitely have to be looked at.

No idea on any of the passive tree radius stuff. It has all been changed dramatically and will have to see what fits in now and if it is worth the investment or not.
haven't played POE for last 2 years, gonna try this as league starter for incoming league.

thanks for the guide!
"
mromcy wrote:
haven't played POE for last 2 years, gonna try this as league starter for incoming league.

thanks for the guide!

NP hope you like it... Unfortunately 3 out of 7 of my guides won't pull up in POB and receive some error, this includes this one so I cannot update the new tree + masteries without. Will have to wing it till fixed.

Core concept and stuff should all be the same just can't fully update.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info