[3.16] g00fy_goober's Ball Lightning Miner Saboteur (Easily clear all content) REVAMPED

"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
Not going to argue further about your made up numbers. Clearly the most common sense answer is that ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the people using it on miners are all wrong and you are correct. If you don't want to use it, don't. Now i am done replying further on this instance.

Wow. Instead of admitting you are wrong and fixing the mistake, you call easily-checkable (with your own PoB) facts 'made up numbers', and appeal to something that 'ALL the people are using' (when it's not 'all', and the majority of high level miners who also go CI/LL do not have it). Before it became a meme, the searching for AoF+Atziris also returned several pages of results, you know.

You were presented with clear numbers, showing that even in the best case scenario for the maximum need for crit and the minimum need for penetration, Wise Oak still beats Cinderswallow Urn on damage - and that's in addition to CU's defensive mods not working at all for mines, while Oak's defensive mod is a great additional layer to pretty much any build.

You really should grow up and learn how to admit you are wrong instead of throwing tantrums about 'made up numbers' for something that is so easy to test.

MY POB:

Configuration: https://i.imgur.com/TEbeIG4.png
Cinder DPS (rolled at 78% crit, 13.8% dmg): https://i.imgur.com/4aAC0rv.png
Wiseoak DPS (rolled at 13%, 10.7% dmg): https://i.imgur.com/F4phKja.png

I am not wrong at all. Exact numbers I said, exact POB. Just because you don't know how to properly set up your POB and are so stubborn into trying to make people believe that cinderswallow is so bad does not mean you are right. Continue being stubborn all you want, i really don't care whether you want to use it, hate it, think its the worst flask in the world, or truly are just trying to convince yourself at this point.

All i am doing is setting the record straight for all those who come to look at the guide so they don't get confused by your inability to read numbers on POB.

Grow up kid, and remove yourself from my thread before you embarrass yourself further.

"
CroDanZ wrote:

Thanks for the fast answere....what do you mean "along with mana flask" bcs he only removes curses what I see.

And bcs of the 5 mines...maybe I'm wrong but it sounds like a bad idea to run "Minefield" with the nerf to the throwing speed....wont we stunlock ourself with the aditional 60% less throwing speed with the changes in 3.10?

And maybe 1 more point if u could explain me....I always read something about throwing sequence.

How exactly does this work? So far I know place all 23 mines -> when I can DMG boss I press detonate + flask buffs -> Hold shift and mine button to keep spawning mines. (Or do I have to wait till all mines detonated before I cast new mines?)

Thanks in advance. :)

Just that enduring mana flask makes you not run out of mana, so you literally hold down right click tossing mines out and just keep spamming detonate, it lets you throw out a LOT of mines which is why the video looks like there are so many more projectiles.

Minefiled support always had the 60% less throwing speed. There are no changes to the gem in 3.10. Not sure what you were looking at.

As for sequence only thing i know is its best to throw out all your mines then hit flasks as you detonate, this way you dont use flasks while you sitting there throwing out 4-5 bundles of mines.

Trust me as you play/level you will get the hang of how to do things.
Last edited by g00fy_goober on Mar 12, 2020, 5:49:27 PM
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
MY POB:

Configuration: https://i.imgur.com/TEbeIG4.png
Cinder DPS (rolled at 78% crit, 13.8% dmg): https://i.imgur.com/4aAC0rv.png
Wiseoak DPS (rolled at 13%, 10.7% dmg): https://i.imgur.com/F4phKja.png

I am not wrong at all. Exact numbers I said, exact POB. Just because you don't know how to properly set up your POB and are so stubborn into trying to make people believe that cinderswallow is so bad does not mean you are right. Continue being stubborn all you want, i really don't care whether you want to use it, hate it, think its the worst flask in the world, or truly are just trying to convince yourself at this point.

All i am doing is setting the record straight for all those who come to look at the guide so they don't get confused by your inability to read numbers on POB.

Grow up kid, and remove yourself from my thread before you embarrass yourself further.

It's ironic that you talk about 'not knowing how to set things up in PoB' while posting a screenshot of a Wise Oak as it looks from the 'find item' section (hence the '10-15' line), which shows the tooltip for the lowest possible roll in that scenario.

The only 'record' you're 'setting straight' here is that not only are you spreading false information and advocating for bad, borderline useless options for your build, you are also acting childish and throwing fallacies and insults when presented with clear proof, both for the recovery and the damage parts.

All I am trying to do is making sure that like with Avatar of Fire and Atziri's Promise, more people would become aware that Cinderswallow Urn is a deadweight loss of a flask.
"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:

It's ironic that you talk about 'not knowing how to set things up in PoB' while posting a screenshot of a Wise Oak as it looks from the 'find item' section (hence the '10-15' line), which shows the tooltip for the lowest possible roll in that scenario.

The only 'record' you're 'setting straight' here is that not only are you spreading false information and advocating for bad, borderline useless options for your build, you are also acting childish and throwing fallacies and insults when presented with clear proof, both for the recovery and the damage parts.

All I am trying to do is making sure that like with Avatar of Fire and Atziri's Promise, more people would become aware that Cinderswallow Urn is a deadweight loss of a flask.

It shows the tooltip for the "average roll" which in this case is 13%. You can very easily see this by adding the item and seeing the SAME dps increase and the stat, lowing it to 10% makes it go from 10.7% dps to 8.2% and increasing it to 15% makes it go from 10.7% dps to 12.3%.

Also you had nothing to say about the numbers either now. So you have been proven wrong twice now and been proven that you have no idea how to use POB twice now both from having an item off the search show average roll not lowest and by having god only knows what dps numbers when you said you "copied my pob".

Both these things would normally be fine, POE is complicated, tons of mechanics and things to look at and POB can be super confusing with all the configurations and calcs that you have to account for and add, let alone all the mods and stuff that don't show up....

The problem comes in when you decide to be a complete arrogant, self-righteous, stubborn ass trying to push and push and push your point of view across which is simply wrong and twice now makes you look like a complete dunce.

Please continue to embarass yourself further though and continue to prove my point for me.
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
It shows the tooltip for the "average roll" which in this case is 13%. You can very easily see this by adding the item and seeing the SAME dps increase and the stat, lowing it to 10% makes it go from 10.7% dps to 8.2% and increasing it to 15% makes it go from 10.7% dps to 12.3%.

Also you had nothing to say about the numbers either now. So you have been proven wrong twice now and been proven that you have no idea how to use POB twice now both from having an item off the search show average roll not lowest and by having god only knows what dps numbers when you said you "copied my pob".

Both these things would normally be fine, POE is complicated, tons of mechanics and things to look at and POB can be super confusing with all the configurations and calcs that you have to account for and add, let alone all the mods and stuff that don't show up....

The problem comes in when you decide to be a complete arrogant, self-righteous, stubborn ass trying to push and push and push your point of view across which is simply wrong and twice now makes you look like a complete dunce.

Please continue to embarass yourself further though and continue to prove my point for me.

But you are the one continuing to embarrass yourself, trying to fit in a specific settings scenario that would allow the '0 defenses and an unconfirmed damage source for 1-1.5 exa from an endgame boss less and less people are actually running' option to be ~1-1.5k average hit higher than the 'great defenses, cheap and confirmed damage source that scales better whenever there's any source of extra resistances for enemies, which is like almost everywhere'.

Funnily, even that ~1k hit would get compensated with a balanced WO, most likely. I don't know how you manage to be so delusional about how you look right now, trying to argue that CU is not a crappy choice by claiming 'victory' and that 'I'm wrong' when you present a settings case that allows CU's unconfirmed damage to be just on par with an unbalanced Wise Oak.

It's sad that you're totally not seeing irony of your remarks regarding 'arrogance and self-righteousness', considering that I came here in good faith to explain to you, with numbers, that you are using a bad choice, while all you are doing is throwing childish tantrums, insults and 'BUT LOOK AT ALL THOSE PEOPLE USING THIS OPTION' fallacies.

I mean, feel free to use an expensive option with 0 defense and an offensive option that requires a very specific situation, combined with enemies who have no extra resistances, to beat the cheaper option with great defenses by ~1k average hit. Nobody's telling you not to. But when you're making build guides, people would repeat after you, so you are responsible for actively spreading misinformation or withholding important info. Using CU on a miner is wasting a slot, because you aren't getting any defensive capabilities from that, the damage in 99% of scenarios is worse than a much cheaper flask (in case it works at all, which is also not confirmed or proven), that's a fact that has been clearly presented to you by me and other people in other such discussions multiple times already. Sure, "POE is complicated, tons of mechanics and things to look at and POB can be super confusing with all the configurations and calcs that you have to account for and add, let alone all the mods and stuff that don't show up" - but when you learn that you made a mistake and you see clear numbers and videos showcasing it, you should learn something from that, make the experience useful for yourself and the people who would read your guides.

Instead you opt to throw childish tantrums filled with insane fallacies to downplay that. That's your choice, but believe me, when there are other miner guides here, including those that present clear and correct information about CU + Mines interactions, your behavior definitely won't build you a good reputation of build maker analyzing the game mechanics properly and making adjustments.
How should i deal with all auras in leveling/early endgame when enlighten isn't available and blood magic could be problematic cuz of low ES? Any advice how to menage it? Should i just skip it untill i'll be able to use in all or swap it to something else?

Thanks for any answers, have a nice day Exile ;^)
"
Exelo wrote:
How should i deal with all auras in leveling/early endgame when enlighten isn't available and blood magic could be problematic cuz of low ES? Any advice how to menage it? Should i just skip it untill i'll be able to use in all or swap it to something else?

Thanks for any answers, have a nice day Exile ;^)

I would probably avoid going low life this early anyway. Just build it as a straight mana based char, ignore discipline and such and just use what you can.
Hey, thank for the build i start this league with a ice cicle/pyroclast mine build i'm actually at act 4 and i decide to switch to your build ( the tree i've stared is pretty the same ) so I wonder the best 4L until I got my tabula is the 4L u show in the thread ? And what do u think about herald of ice/added cold damage ? Anyway I find the playstyle very fun
Last edited by Niico75 on Mar 15, 2020, 9:41:15 AM
"
Niico75 wrote:
Hey, thank for the build i start this league with a ice cicle/pyroclast mine build i'm actually at act 4 and i decide to switch to your build ( the tree i've stared is pretty the same ) so I wonder the best 4L until I got my tabula is the 4L u show in the thread ? And what do u think about herald of ice/added cold damage ? Anyway I find the playstyle very fun

All as guide says
Hi! Great guide so far :)

Was wondering, is tremor rod an alteranteive for you or is it simply better to go with the crit wand/daggers?

Cheers~
"
ldbob wrote:
Hi! Great guide so far :)

Was wondering, is tremor rod an alteranteive for you or is it simply better to go with the crit wand/daggers?

Cheers~

I mean i want to say hell no, but since its like day 2 of league or so like you could use it to start i guess.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info