[3.16] g00fy_goober's Ball Lightning Miner Saboteur (Easily clear all content) REVAMPED

"
NIJO1989 wrote:
Hey! First of all, nice build!!
Im playing this one now, in heist leauge.
And im wondering what i should use instead of this setup:
4L Setup: Storm Brand - Curse on Hit - Conductivity - Culling Strike
Since coh have changed this leauge.

It is still the same thing.

Storm brand + hextouch support + conductivity + culling
Quick Question. I was playing Ball Lightning Miner from Path of Matth and he put "detonate Mines" on LMB. can I do it on this build too or am I missing something essential? Because it seems like i do a lot less dmg than before. of course, my gear isnt perfect, but bosses seem to last much longer than on the "normal" version of BLM
"
niklas22 wrote:
Quick Question. I was playing Ball Lightning Miner from Path of Matth and he put "detonate Mines" on LMB. can I do it on this build too or am I missing something essential? Because it seems like i do a lot less dmg than before. of course, my gear isnt perfect, but bosses seem to last much longer than on the "normal" version of BLM

I don't know what you mean "normal version" compared to not. It is also completely seperate from the question about LMB so I am getting quite confused here.

Yes you can set detonate mines to LMB so everytime you click and move they go off.

I'm using Enfeeble + Blasphemy right now, just like last league (Following another Guide) and never tried out Storm Brand + Hextouch + Conductivity + Culling, like in your Guide. (You can also view my character profile for exact setup).

1) Is my setup still a viable defensive option after the Heist patch?

2) The Storm Brand setup is self-cast, right? How/What/When should that be used?

I don´t have any experience with brands and I wanna understand it.
Last edited by Noobicious on Oct 27, 2020, 7:08:03 AM
"
Noobicious wrote:
I'm using Enfeeble + Blasphemy right now, just like last league (Following another Guide) and never tried out Storm Brand + Hextouch + Conductivity + Culling, like in your Guide. (You can also view my character profile for exact setup).

1) Is my setup still a viable defensive option after the Heist patch?

2) The Storm Brand setup is self-cast, right? How/What/When should that be used?

I don´t have any experience with brands and I wanna understand it.

Honestly I have no idea about your setup or whether it is viable or not viable as it is not in my build.

Yes storm brand is self-cast. Just like any build it is used to attach a curse, so anytime on single target bosses or any monster that you deem it appropriate to cast on. Things like map bosses, elder, conquerors, sirius, breachlords, rogue exiles, w/e you feel like needs to take extra damage.

Brands work just like another skill, the only point of the brand it to attach the curse on hit (now called hextouch support). Could be with freezing pulse, orb of storms, or any other spell. Brands however actually attach themselves to the enemy and stay with them for awhile keeping them cursed longer so since brands came out everyone uses them to attach curses with instead of the old ball lightning or orb of storms.
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
Honestly I have no idea about your setup or whether it is viable or not viable as it is not in my build.

Yes storm brand is self-cast. Just like any build it is used to attach a curse, so anytime on single target bosses or any monster that you deem it appropriate to cast on. Things like map bosses, elder, conquerors, sirius, breachlords, rogue exiles, w/e you feel like needs to take extra damage.

Brands work just like another skill, the only point of the brand it to attach the curse on hit (now called hextouch support). Could be with freezing pulse, orb of storms, or any other spell. Brands however actually attach themselves to the enemy and stay with them for awhile keeping them cursed longer so since brands came out everyone uses them to attach curses with instead of the old ball lightning or orb of storms.

That helped me a lot, thank you!
Hey I respecced into this and so far a fairly enjoyable ride, amazing single target, amazing clear, amazing everything damage wise, but 99% of my issues with the build lie in survivability, currently running about 8-9k es + 155hp and I seem to have to use about ~3 portals on average on a map, one taps, and a dwindling es pool get me killed most of the time. I may have missed something of course but es replenish seems to be a massive issue for me. Any recommendations/fixes?
"
QBestoo wrote:
Hey I respecced into this and so far a fairly enjoyable ride, amazing single target, amazing clear, amazing everything damage wise, but 99% of my issues with the build lie in survivability, currently running about 8-9k es + 155hp and I seem to have to use about ~3 portals on average on a map, one taps, and a dwindling es pool get me killed most of the time. I may have missed something of course but es replenish seems to be a massive issue for me. Any recommendations/fixes?

I mean honestly 8-9k es with some block and flasks and such should be fine. My current main character on heist has 7.3k es and almost never dies. Though he does have leech.

For a miner everything should be dying pretty fast and not sure where you are dying or why you having issues. The only thing that regularly gave me issues on the BL miner was porucpines. Killing a giant pack all at once = not good for your immediate future.

You have to remember that as a miner most of your "defences" come from the 10% regen that you get from blowing up mines. So 10% es regen a second + block + normal ranged build defenses and moving should literally take care of everything.

Besides for that idk what would be killing you multiple times per map. Heist maybe as it can be super rippy but if you are using multiple portals per map because of dying with 8-9k es, i feel like it would be a playstyle issue but that is just a guess.
Last edited by g00fy_goober on Oct 30, 2020, 5:17:29 AM
"
QBestoo wrote:

Many players I have watched use detonate mines on the left mouse button. They play like right click for mine throw, move (use left click with LMB for mine detonation). That way , you will have your mines always under you, around you or in front of you. This is the only thing I can imagine that can cause you these problems (similar thing was happening to me with volatile dead characters, but we cannot make VD AI better compared to traps/mines).
Build is fully up to date for 3.13. Nothing of major note changed, though ascendancy was nerfed a bit. Build still plays the same though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info