[3.12] Mana guardian Icestorm ~ Max Block/Spellblock UPDATED FOR HEIST

Im confused he says all content is that true but just extremely slow? i've got some of the best gear and this build takes like an hour to kill minotaur or other guardians like i dont have a problem surviving just takes forever.....
Last edited by DarkGenocide on Jun 30, 2020, 7:24:30 PM
"

Im confused he says all content is that true but just extremely slow? i've got some of the best gear and this build takes like an hour to kill minotaur or other guardians like i dont have a problem surviving just takes forever.....

Maybe post your PoB if you want help?

Just looking at your character:

1. Why are you running wave of conviction? I think you should run frost bomb instead for cold exposure.

2. Since you're using memory vault, you should probably use molten shell as your guard skill. Since it scales with levels, I'd link max level CWDT-Molten Shell-increased duraction for maximum defense.

I haven't yet made it to guardians this league (at around low-tier red maps currently) but haven't had any problems with conquerors or bosses taking too much time. Clear speed is much more of an issue, but I'm going to attempt to remedy that with a second staff with clear speed-focused gems in mind.
What are your thoughts on using arcanist brand instead of cwc?
"
What are your thoughts on using arcanist brand instead of cwc?

Have you run the math on this?

The big difference is CWC casts every .35 seconds, whereas arcanist brand activates every 1 second. You can have a maximum of two brands attached to an enemy, and all other brands deal substantially less damage. You would also need to invest in cast speed to make the build feel good, as this build as-is has zero investment into cast speed.

I actually tried pretty hard to theorycraft a way to make an arcanist brand WI build, but couldn't come up with anything that made sense. If you have a PoB that shows reasonable DPS, then I'd love to see it. For now, though, I think arcanist brand is pretty weak as a skill in general and needs some buffs before it becomes usable for builds like this.
Hello everybody,
i am little bit late on party, but i would like to try this build.

I don't understand fully ascendancy options.
Especially:
radiant crusade
- if i understand it correctly, it gives your elemental resist ( never hurts, but... its not awesome?)
- give you 10% damage boost if there is at least 1 ally which is fine since build suggest use golem
- and most tempting part of this ascendancy node gives you Onslaught if there are at least 5 allies.

The last part is just ignored in this build?
Skitterbots are counted as allies or not? If yes, with golem its 3 total. 2 ally short to trigger Onslaught.

Then isn't bastion of Hope just better option?
We attack with cyclone and cast spells, you can block with staff. That looks like good defensive option.

Thank you for explanation

Narg
And one more question....
How you deal with chill/freeze? Just flask with chill immune?
-edit Mana issues resolved after changing helmet. I am an idiot, nothing to see here.
Last edited by Miggaletoe on Jul 17, 2020, 11:51:05 PM
Apologies for the n00b question, new player, and I am a little lost on the Jewels in the passive tree? read the posts and all, where would the Watcher's Eye get socketed?
Due to reworks to icestorm I will be league starting as mana guardian icestorm. Will post updates soon and let everyone know. Build will be fully up and running before league start <3
PASSIVE TREE UPDATED.
Changes:
-Went more defensive, cut some dps in exchange for 70% block and 50% block chance.
-Grabbed Unwavering for stun immunity

Note that icestorm average hit calculations in POB are PER ICICLE, not DPS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info