3.12 VB Assassin Caster/Any spell | Crackling Lance 21M dps A8 Sirus down | Videos |

"
GetDunked4951 wrote:
PoB: https://pastebin.com/TDF5NuHy

Welp, first character that I've pushed to 94, thanks to this build. Ever since I got 7k ES things started becoming much better in terms of survivability. Metamorphs and conquerors don't last more than 3 seconds, they just melt.

@OP My DPS is currently sitting at about 7.3M, I have some ideas on what to improve next such as saving up for a Bottled Faith, what are your thoughts so far?

Current Gear
Spoiler

looking at your gear, you are using increased crit damage over intensify, thats a clearspeedaoe/dps loss, i suggest intensify as its more flexible. Change to conc effect for sirus/uber elder or movement intensive bosses

Bottled faith is definitely the next upgrade, then you can drop the diamond flask with that upgrade for a wise oak
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
Forgot to bring that up -- I changed to Increased Crit Damage because I found myself rarely ever maintaining Intensify stacks. I always move/flame dash and my Intensify stacks rarely stay above 2 so I thought it would be better to just swap it out for something better. Do you think I should just use Intensify regardless?

For Sirus and other endgame bosses I definitely do switch to Conc Effect.
How do you guys get so much ES? I'm stuck on around 6.7k and constantly getting oneshot by bosses, metamorphs, even groups of mobs. My damage seems to be lacking too.

Any idea where i might be going wrong?

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/0CpB3bG1

for some reason PoB calculates 6863 ES, but in game i only have 6.7k

Thanks!
"
GetDunked4951 wrote:
Forgot to bring that up -- I changed to Increased Crit Damage because I found myself rarely ever maintaining Intensify stacks. I always move/flame dash and my Intensify stacks rarely stay above 2 so I thought it would be better to just swap it out for something better. Do you think I should just use Intensify regardless?

For Sirus and other endgame bosses I definitely do switch to Conc Effect.

Intensify gives extra aoe, helps with clear and it gives more damage over critical damage for metamorphs(you should be casting 4 times before the metamorph slowly breaks out of the glass)

"
Nearu01 wrote:
How do you guys get so much ES? I'm stuck on around 6.7k and constantly getting oneshot by bosses, metamorphs, even groups of mobs. My damage seems to be lacking too.

Thanks!

We target around 7k ES, anything higher would mean its higher end cost(few ex for high ES/res helm/gloves)

As for your damage, your wise oak is useless in this situation because
1: resist not balanced
2: its providing dmg boost to lightning instead of fire

Ill suggest swapping around your gear resist to set fire as highest resist or ideally balance the resist(this is definitely luxury tier and it provides alot of survivability, 10% less elemental damage taken)

Your enduring mana flask can roll a suffix, i suggest going to bestiary and craft warding on it. Also use an enduring eternal flask, we need it to sustain mana well

Use tempered catalyst on your amulet, the extra 4% life as es is a huge es boost

Dont use armageddon brand as your curse on hit set up, theres a delay in hits and it might miss on moving targets, we have almost a 100% chance to ignite anyways due to our high crit. Do tick the check box that the target is ignite to activate combustion, it doesnt calculate your combustion benefit right now

Your arcane surge is lvl 20, you dont get the surge often, leave it at lvl 7, you will get the surge every cast of flame dash

PoB doesnt calculate militant faith/inner conviction well, just make a jewel and give it "3% more spell damage per power charge"

Our survivability centers around elusive/assassin's ascendency, with flesh and stone and cinderswallow for flat es on kill. Shouldnt be dying to normal packs because almost all the time you can probably 1 tap them
My Builds/Stream

"
Nearu01 wrote:

Thanks!

We target around 7k ES, anything higher would mean its higher end cost(few ex for high ES/res helm/gloves)

Ill suggest swapping around your gear resist to set fire as highest resist or ideally balance the resist(this is definitely luxury tier and it provides alot of survivability, 10% less elemental damage taken)

Your enduring mana flask can roll a suffix, i suggest going to bestiary and craft warding on it. Also use an enduring eternal flask, we need it to sustain mana well

Use tempered catalyst on your amulet, the extra 4% life as es is a huge es boost

Dont use armageddon brand as your curse on hit set up, theres a delay in hits and it might miss on moving targets, we have almost a 100% chance to ignite anyways due to our high crit. Do tick the check box that the target is ignite to activate combustion, it doesnt calculate your combustion benefit right now

Your arcane surge is lvl 20, you dont get the surge often, leave it at lvl 7, you will get the surge every cast of flame dash

PoB doesnt calculate militant faith/inner conviction well, just make a jewel and give it "3% more spell damage per power charge"

Our survivability centers around elusive/assassin's ascendency, with flesh and stone and cinderswallow for flat es on kill. Shouldnt be dying to normal packs because almost all the time you can probably 1 tap them[/quote]

Thanks for the tips! I was moving gear and resists around and wise oak just got left in.

What would you suggest to use in the curse on hit setup if not armageddon brnad then? Wave of conviction maybe?
"
Nearu01 wrote:
"
Nearu01 wrote:

Thanks!

Our survivability centers around elusive/assassin's ascendency, with flesh and stone and cinderswallow for flat es on kill. Shouldnt be dying to normal packs because almost all the time you can probably 1 tap them

Thanks for the tips! I was moving gear and resists around and wise oak just got left in.

Also, bad choice of words, didnt mean normal rarity pack of mobs, i meant those vaal snipers, or hunter packs, stuff like that can snipe.

Instead of armageddon brand, would you suggest wave of conviction maybe?
Last edited by Nearu01 on Feb 5, 2020, 5:37:24 AM
"
Nearu01 wrote:
"
Nearu01 wrote:
"
Nearu01 wrote:

Thanks!

Also, bad choice of words, didnt mean normal rarity pack of mobs, i meant those vaal snipers, or hunter packs, stuff like that can snipe.

Instead of armageddon brand, would you suggest wave of conviction maybe?

I am a fan of using storm brand, because it sticks and it attacks constantly

Vaal spitters/hunter packs our goal is just mainly dashing near them and casting purifying flame on our feet for fast damage, purifying flame has a really slow travelling delay(thats what i feel in the current speed meta) but we can circumvent it by casting it on our feet and it does the aoe shockwave quite fast
My Builds/Stream

Last edited by Astarift on Feb 5, 2020, 8:36:46 AM
Thank you for a nice build. I have a question. Is the version for Ball Lightning could you add Energy Leech gem? The DPS would have decreased a little bit in that case, but we would have a better defense. I think so.
"
MrKato2 wrote:
Thank you for a nice build. I have a question. Is the version for Ball Lightning could you add Energy Leech gem? The DPS would have decreased a little bit in that case, but we would have a better defense. I think so.

We already path towards the Spell damage leeched as ES nodes already, having extra % damage leeched as es does not help our survivability.
If survivability is an issue for you, maybe you can path towards light eater instead for 3 points, it gives us extra 4% maximum leech rate/second
My Builds/Stream

"
Astarift wrote:
"
MrKato2 wrote:

We already path towards the Spell damage leeched as ES nodes already, having extra % damage leeched as es does not help our survivability.
If survivability is an issue for you, maybe you can path towards light eater instead for 3 points, it gives us extra 4% maximum leech rate/second

Thanks for answer :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info