Arctic Armour

this definitely doesn't combo with cyclone I can't spike my mana fast enough to keep this thing going without pots.seems built for tank builds that already utilize molten shell and tempest shield maybe casters that need more def and kiting capabilities.
"
topeight wrote:

There's no way you can support that gem as a CI character. Only way to support the mana cost is Eldritch Battery.

Does the mana increase with level? 28 MPS while moving is not that bad....would be almost a wash for me right now. As a shadow, the only time you use mana....is when you ARENT moving. The standing mana consumption is nothing...5MPS?

As a melee shadow I dont kite either, the only time I am running away is when I am running away and its not to regen mana...its to regen ES. At first glance this looks bad for everyone, but I think people will find this works quite well with CI Melee shadow.

This skill SHOULD also decrease the amount of stun and ignite status ailments that CI users get.
IGN: Cimos_Baller
Last edited by Cimos21 on Mar 19, 2013, 10:47:36 PM
"
Cimos21 wrote:
"
topeight wrote:

There's no way you can support that gem as a CI character. Only way to support the mana cost is Eldritch Battery.

Does the mana increase with level? 28 MPS while moving is not that bad....would be almost a wash for me right now. As a shadow, the only time you use mana....is when you ARENT moving. The standing mana consumption is nothing...5MPS?

As a melee shadow I dont kite either, the only time I am running away is when I am running away and its not to regen mana...its to regen ES. At first glance this looks bad for everyone, but I think people will find this works quite well with CI Melee shadow.

Yes the mana cost scales very high. At lv9 its 90mps while moving, 16 if your not.
"
topeight wrote:

Yes the mana cost scales very high. At lv9 its 90mps while moving, 16 if your not.

In that case it sucks...LOL. If it is a "mana puncture" then situationally is the only way to use it like the ggg guy said.

Basically I am going to use this when fighting against puncture mobs only ....LOL.
IGN: Cimos_Baller
"
Rory wrote:
"
peroquenariz wrote:
Base duration 1 second? How does it scale at higher levels? If I have to recast every two steps, that will be so annoying...

Also, mana drain is too damn high D:

That would be the duration of the Ice on the ground, not the buff. The buff lasts until you deactivate it, or until you run out of mana. I've found that this is the kind of skill that is most efficient when toggled as required, rather than being left on as a constant buff. Experimentation from you guys may prove otherwise!

Thanks for the quick response Rory! I'll give it a try. Also, another question: does Inner Force and buff effect passives affect Artic Armour's damage reduction? I assume yes, since you are calling it a buff :P but just to confirm hehe.
* Cheers from Argentina, the land of ping and packet loss *

#HYPEGATE

GMT -3
Arctic armour info post!

Arctic Armour has flat damage reduction when hit. This cannot apply to damage over time effects, because they do not hit, but are a constant loss of life, which a flat value can't be subtracted from.
Like all other modifiers to the amount of damage taken, this is applied after mitigation from armour/resists.

It does mean Arctic Armour is really good against lots of small hits of fire or physical damage. Flamethrower style enemies are a strong point of the skill.

Ground Ice chills anything standing in it. This does not stack with other chills.

Arctic Armour has no mana cost (or more correctly, 0 mana reservation - it's a mana reservation skill that's turned on and off like tempest shield or auras). While it's up, you have degen on your mana - this is not a mana cost. It stops working when you have no mana.

Blood Magic support works with the skill (you reserve 0 life instead of 0 mana), but blood magic only affects costs/reservations, it does not, and never has, affected regen or degen on either resource. The Blood Magic keystone removes your mana, and thus since you never have any, you can't have the skill going - exactly like Righteous fire (which turns of at 1 life) adn CI (only ever 1 life). This is intentional.
WTH? why it wont work on blood magic? >_> nobody can sustain this mana usage with cyclone,.. i was excited but then now im gone again ! back to Planetside 2
IGN: NukerDeath
"
Cimos21 wrote:
"
topeight wrote:

This skill SHOULD also decrease the amount of stun and ignite status ailments that CI users get.

90 mana/s while running @ lvl6. :w
I loved this skill while standing still versus merciless voidbears (lvl 7 skill) i have like 1,2k armor only and i could literally stand still while about 10voids were attacking me xD
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Arctic armour info post!

Arctic Armour has flat damage reduction when hit. This cannot apply to damage over time effects, because they do not hit, but are a constant loss of life, which a flat value can't be subtracted from.

It does mean Arctic Armour is really good against lots of small hits of fire or physical damage. Flamethrower style enemies are a strong point of the skill.

Ground Ice chills anything standing in it. This does not stack with other chills.

Arctic Armour has no mana cost (or more correctly, 0 mana reservation - it's a mana reservation skill that's turned on and off like tempest shield or auras). While it's up, you have degen on your mana. It stops working when you have no mana.

Blood Magic support works with the skill (you reserve 0 life instead of 0 mana), but blood magic only affects costs/reservations, it does not, and never has, affected regen or degen on either resource. The Blood Magic keystone removes your mana, and thus since you never have any, you can't have the skill going - exactly like Righteous fire (which turns of at 1 life) adn CI (only ever 1 life). This is intentional.

Wow lol, I'm so dissapointed in this skill. That mana cost is just dumb, and the damage reduction is really really shitty. The only thing this is going to be good for is dogs at the docks, for somebody who doesn't have decent resists. I regret buying $80 worth the points to support this game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info