Arctic Armour

"
johnce6 wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
you're lacking (lv 20) clarity aura, which almost double your regen roughly with your current values and passives. 47.25 (normal regen) +42.75 (regen from clarity) =90 mp/sec which is higher than lv 20 AA's (standing still, so 38.3 * 1.3 for your IF) 49.79 mp/sec loss.

you were almost there, yet you needed to move alot to position for your ice shot so the extra mp degen kicks in often. that's why you were having issues. your planned extra boosts will help with normal skill use of other things.

Ok, I am really hoping you are right cuz I love the way the skill looks and what it does; even the sound from it I find very cool! Obviously since I am Eldritch Battery build I use Clarity 24/7 but it is level 17. Thanks for reply and giving me hope this skill works when I have made my passives for more mana and clarity is leveled enough.
yeah, but keep in mind how much you're moving is a bit more important than actually trying to out regen the base+moving mp degen. the skill will end itself if you run out of mana, and if so, you can use your now fast regen to use an escape skill if necessary if any. although, itself is an escape skill if you run directly away from things you're flee'ing from thanks to the ground ice.

got life leeching on one of your damaging skills? always good to have a backup.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Apr 22, 2013, 1:52:40 PM
Anyone know if the movespeed from quality bonus is affected by inner focus?
acct: Daytrippers
Main char: DayRip
edit: oops

well 20 *0.35 =7 *1.3 =10.5 and its part of the buff.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Apr 22, 2013, 3:50:37 PM
I like the skill but i would like to see that passive reduce mana costs nodes work on this otherwise it be pointless for me to take this.
how much mana regen u need to use this at lvl 14 with inner force and use a 4L skill?? i wanna hear some real numbers from legit source explaining in detail why i need to invest in mana nodes when the only options that are given are life/es/resist nodes....to actually progress in the game. it seems a bit overkill on the mana thing...
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on Apr 23, 2013, 5:18:49 AM
for anyone reading this, if you're trying to out-regen arctic armor while moving you're doing it wrong...

stand still -> activate god-mode (oops i mean arctic armor) -> kill enemies on screen -> run to next pack -> repeat

try incinerate as a damage skill and you'll see what i mean
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Last edited by demivion on Apr 23, 2013, 1:21:52 PM
"
demivion wrote:
for anyone reading this, if you're trying to out-regen arctic armor while moving you're doing it wrong...

stand still -> activate god-mode (oops i mean arctic armor) -> kill enemies on screen -> run to next pack -> repeat

yes but im a physical melee duelist and my skil set is cleave/heavy strike with a few traps here and there
"
demivion wrote:

this made a lot of sense to me long time ago, but sometimes moving is necessary for... well escaping, or for repositioning yourself for AoE.
Is the damage reduction applied before or after armor?
IGN: Iolar
"
demivion wrote:

Yes, if you think you are going to run around with this 24/7 you will not because it is a very good defense. The goal is to be able to out regen it while standing still and still be able to use your 5L or 6L.

Right now I can use it with:

Ice Shot > Chain > LMP > Power Charge on Crit > Added Elemental Damage

LvL 15 Arctic Armor standing still I skip an arrow it seems 1 out of 4 or 5 times to start, but once mana pool is drained it is really bad and 1 out of every 2 and sometimes 3 shots fired is my skill which makes it unusable currently except for escaping or when I see high incoming like the dogs and I pop it.

When running it goes out in about 5~ steps.

level 17 clarity gem and 1200 mana pool. I run eldritch battery and friggin love my template.

My mana regen is 125%~ I am trying to find 2 rings to replace my current resist rings that have mana regen mod on them of 40%+.

I personally think this skill should have its mana use rate retooled down from level 10-16. I don't have an opinion on any level past that but I will soon as I built my template around this and Ice Shot.

In short if you have Inner Force I would not use this skill above level 10 unless you have 125%+ mana regen and over 1200 mana pool. If you plan on using this skill on any template better plan on 180% + mana regen and large mana pool.

Edit: Edited because some numbers were off quite a bit and some of what I said was wrong.

Last edited by johnce6 on Apr 23, 2013, 9:17:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info