|3.12 Starter| Self-Poisoning Blade Vortex Assasin | Achieved 1k MvmSpeed | Awakener 8 | all content

Following this build. Is it tanky enough for someone with laggy internet? I figure BV playstyle would work well for me since it keeps attacking / leeching if I hit a lag spike.
"
ryanp660 wrote:
great looking build, I've always wanted to try BV and this is looking like a very strong league start. The only thing I'm wondering about is actually starting. in your POB you say to use ED/CONT/BANE. do we still follow the same skill tree? what items should we prio to make it as smooth as possible? any tips you could provide as far as leveling goes? thanks again for the build <3

Hey! I will update POB whenever we get patch notes (which we get tommorow). There will be few changes for endgame tree 100%. Leveling should be fine, im not a big fan of ed/cont or bane but its the only real choice (trust me you dont wanna go bv poison from act1). You should deffinetly prioritize getting The Embalmer, its free 5 link. Never use Golden Rule without Maw of Conquest and Apep's Slumber, its just not worth it. Untill you get all 3 of them (which you should snipe at poe.trade) play a standard not self-poisoning BV, the defense will obviously be a bit lower but im sure you will get all the items before entering any yellow map.

-Api
"
nomikk92 wrote:
Soooooooooooo hype for this, after a quick look at new 280 nodes, I see some might buff this build:
Septic Spells
Low Tolerance
Steady Torment (maybe?? we need to inflic bleed on enemy)
Student of Decay
Disease Vector
What do you guy think? I am sure trying this build in 3.10

Hey! Yeah the build has bright future new chaos notable are good, also what i've noticed is the "unaffected by poison" node, why is it any type of good u may ask? -with this node we can drop Maw and just go with a fossiled -res helmet which is a huge upgrade for both defense and offense. I will write it all down whenever we get patch notes.

-Api
"
NSUCK wrote:
Following this build. Is it tanky enough for someone with laggy internet? I figure BV playstyle would work well for me since it keeps attacking / leeching if I hit a lag spike.

Hey! Yeah i think you should be fine, you deffinetly cannot tank sirus cloud but i guarantee you wont ever die on map pack with like 4 BV stacks. On map bosses you can just use vaal BV and hold right click theres no way you die in this situation.

-Api
Not having almost any Skill Effect Duration on the tree will be kinda annoying, wont it? Its a 5.25s vs 9.75s with the 2 clusters near Scion life... ;x

Leveling with ED/Cont or Caustic Arrow is kinda bad for this build, isn't? Cause u won't be criting, so all our ascendency points are kinda wasted... ;/

And btw, shouldn't we have a way to generate Power Charges and maybe get more crit dmg on the tree/items? (first time doing poison and Perfect Agony...)

Ty for the guide, i'm thinking of going with this build this league... Lets see what the Patch Notes bring us in a couple o minutes/hours ;p
Last edited by nogenem on Mar 11, 2020, 10:19:14 AM
"
Apikai wrote:
"
nomikk92 wrote:
Soooooooooooo hype for this, after a quick look at new 280 nodes, I see some might buff this build:
Septic Spells
Low Tolerance
Student of Decay
Disease Vector

Hey! Yeah the build has bright future new chaos notable are good, also what i've noticed is the "unaffected by poison" node, why is it any type of good u may ask? -with this node we can drop Maw and just go with a fossiled -res helmet which is a huge upgrade for both defense and offense. I will write it all down whenever we get patch notes.

-Api

Hi, ED/CON/BANE I know are greate skill but never put a hand on them cause I dont like the play style (watch on youtube), will soul rend work around? I am fell more pleasure with this skill.
"
nogenem wrote:
Not having almost any Skill Effect Duration on the tree will be kinda annoying, wont it? Its a 5.25s vs 9.75s with the 2 clusters near Scion life... ;x

Leveling with ED/Cont or Caustic Arrow is kinda bad for this build, isn't? Cause u won't be criting, so all our ascendency points are kinda wasted... ;/

And btw, shouldn't we have a way to generate Power Charges and maybe get more crit dmg on the tree/items? (first time doing poison and Perfect Agony...)

Ty for the guide, i'm thinking of going with this build this league... Lets see what the Patch Notes bring us in a couple o minutes/hours ;p

Hey! I dont find the bonus duration usefull, with unleash support and few maps of practice you wont lack stacks but if you enjoy it more you can just drop few life nodes and take it. Feel free to edit the tree the way you enjoy it !

-Api
"
nomikk92 wrote:
"
Apikai wrote:
"
nomikk92 wrote:
Septic Spells
Low Tolerance
Student of Decay
Disease Vector

-Api

Hi, ED/CON/BANE I know are greate skill but never put a hand on them cause I dont like the play style (watch on youtube), will soul rend work around? I am fell more pleasure with this skill.

Hey! yeah soul rend will do, just make sure to take chaos damage nodes first, dont go for poisons at start.

-Api
At what point do you switch over to BV from ED/Bane etc.?
"
At what point do you switch over to BV from ED/Bane etc.?

After you can equip The Embalmer and got 3 labs

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info