Infinite Flicker Strike Fail - Need Unwavering Stance?

Tried a FLicker Strike build myself:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/99424

Didn't work out for myself BUT there was one REALLY good advice:
"
I am also developing a flicker strike build mostly for pvp

a good way IMHO to achieve flicker strike spam is just to use multiple flicker strikes since they are on seperate cooldowns

i use a build currently that uses 4 diff flicker strikes and i just rotate between them, its kinda fun haha

i find this to be wayyyy more practical than relying on bloodrage to keep ur combo going... because if u flicker into something and u dont kill it (fat hp, rare, miss, etc.) u are fucked

Multiple Flicker Strikes! Maybe you already knew that, but it blew my mind and it gives those kind of builds a lot more viability.

Btw can you post a build where you already respecced and with around 80 points (or how manny you need for your next big goal), your current Passiv Skill Tree looks a bit weird.
IGN: Gin_Tonic

When I bought something from you, or you aren't happy with my offer, message me in the Forum and/or message me in game and/or add me in game.
WOW!!! OMFG!!!

That NEVER occured to me! Geez that would be super helpful.

Yeah the build you got there is a CI + Flicker Strike build like demivion was talking about.

That build is odd to me... You are focusing on crit wehereas I have RT, You have CI I have life, I have Blood Magic, You have mana.

Very different, I wonder how the hell you get enough energy shield to go CI... and Damage... but with multiple flicker strike gems it doesn't matter, that will bypass any cooldown problem you have for not 1 being able to 1 shot them.

with CI your melee on full damage will always work, and you always have 31% attack speed too due to low life, plus all the crit damage you have... ok plenty damage and it doesn't matter if you miss because of multiple gems... so you don't need RT.

very odd build.. interesting though... and VERY suicidal as you got shit life, then CI, and don't get ghost reaver until late game... makes for fun play though I bet.

Here is mine
Current build level 63

and

Where I'm headed

My build is straight forward, get all the life and life regen and generic 2 hand damage I can. I keep it generic cuz I donn't know the type of weapon I'm going to find, I didn't already have an awesome weapon... probably mace though. would be more powerful if I took mace damage nodes.

Getting 5 frenzy charges, Iron Reflexs to pump up my armour, grab resist all nodes, once I get IR go get leather and steel again for run speed and evasion to armour bonus... with IR I can run grace again.

Just focusing on 1 hit damage (NOT DPS), making him as tanky as possible with as much 1 hit power as possible. plus I really like run speed and IAS

My build will thicken up and get more powerful from here... but I think I will have to grind several levels before I can finish game solo.
IGN: _Johnny_Blaze_
Last edited by SeriousBeatdown on Mar 22, 2013, 1:20:07 PM
Yeah my Build was really really weird and also didn't worked :-/
Plan was to use Melee Dmg on Full Life (because the more DMG Multiplier is huge), so I needed CI to support Blood Rage for the Charges etc., sounded like fun but failed miserably :D

Looked at your endgame build and moved points a bit around to reduce it to 98 from 104 (but with less INT:
Click Me

IGN: Gin_Tonic

When I bought something from you, or you aren't happy with my offer, message me in the Forum and/or message me in game and/or add me in game.
I made a flicker char based on this thread. I'm using 3 flicker gems plus blood rage, with hatred running and it works pretty good. I just need to mash the keys like I'm playing a d3 cm/ww wiz.
Has anyone figured out a good skill tree? Is blood magic a must for merciless? I'm currently getting by with mana leech on my gloves and chugging pots occasionally but it's not a great setup.
Advice? I was thinking to just get the remaining hp nodes near duelist and then go get all the hp/2Hmelee by the templar starting point and no idea how to pick up dex.

Passive skill tree build
Last edited by cliffemu on Mar 30, 2013, 9:40:07 PM
ive been playin fliker mara too. when it works its amazing when it dont ur looking for solutions. ive found a few...but not everyone may agree.

i went mace nodes after finding this

weapon choice ...its a conditional thing. original plan was to go staf but i got an axe at one point and the attak speed and higher base dps worked like a charm for a while. ended up with this mace and before that i took 0 specific nodes for a specific type of weapon.

ive read alot of the flicker forum build posts and the best thing ive found to help out so far is lightning strike GMP and iron grip. iron grip is right there and u easily overcome gmp reduction of projectile damage with the str bonus. faster projectiles could also be a choice. he also uses slither punch and carnage heart. blood magic keystone i feel is a really bad idea u need ur auras to increase ur base dps from more ele damages. pure physical scaling isnt enough to 1 hit even white mobs at some point. u really need the extra ele damages! this means u must invest in some mana nodes and ele damage nodes...especially in the case if u decide to use lightning strike GMP.

in party forget about ur flicker strike unless its a final blow. this is why u must have a backup plan to compensate for the original plans weakness ^^ therefore the use of lightning strike gmp. other option ofc are available with different weapon choices. cleave ,infernal blow, ground slam, are useful but lightning strike puts u out of harms way which is always to ur advantage.

resolute technique is very overpowered with fliker but the game cant keep up with it lol. i really dont know how 1H toons even progress after 60 with a fliker toon its really rediculous tbh.
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
RT and no terminus est, your build will always stay shit tbh. Merc worked fine with terminus, crit and voll's shadow. Blood rage not even needed with a secondary flicker gem and frenzy/cleave for single target/aoe/building up charges. I'd prolly go ci now that u won't have to use voll's cause of the power charge gem.
so you guys are basically saying to give up on pure flicker action? I'm actually doing ok in groups because if you run 3 or 4 flicker gems you rely on that quantity to keep you going even when you dont have the killing blow. Also the damage should scale up pretty high with added melee, added fire, and hatred. I'm at 2k dps already at level 43. I guess i'll try to forge ahead if nobody else has done the theory crafting yet.
don't mean to revive an old thread but i'm suffering from this too now i'm in merciless

Was using tabula rasa as main armor and I could just wing it earlier but now

armor is so much more important but even after getting 45% damage reduction after determination auras and that node that turns evasion into armor , still getting 1shot

it's hilarious

At lv 53 I must have died enough times to loose 3-4 levels easily.
Only saving grace is that this game doesn't downgrade your level after you die like final fantasy.

My advice is make sure if you're gonna rock flicker at lv 50+ , you sure as hell better bring some zombies to be decoys and LOTS AND LOTS OF ARMOR.

Flicker strike is heavily dependent on speed, make sure you're using multistrike .

I levled from 1-53 without ever once using it because I had misconceptions. Now it's the only thing keeping me in the game.

Mana is also hella hard to come by, I'd suggest that atrizi amulet that gives +12% mp , so you can use more auras.
Hey... my old thread.

I have developed into an (IFS) Infinite Flicker Strike God.

My build is different but very straight forward from the majority of posters here.

I have long toyed with the idea of documenting a full flicker strike build. from level 1 to end game.

Honestly, with a few pieces of choice equipment, IFS is one of the quickest ways to level
through the game, and have a shit ton of fun while you're at it, and can be a viable end game build.

My IFS build is completely viable in end game and I solo maps and level in catacombs no problem.

The most important thing is multi-strike... this largely eliminates the need to one shot.
Multi-strike with Flicker is just Nucking Futz!

Add Melee Splash and now when you Flicker into a pack you hit 3-6 monsters at once.

I just got a Marohi like 2 weeks ago, but did fine before that with Koam's Primacy Chopper and did fine before that with my kick ass Rare Chopper... but with Marohi it's off the hook.

Marohi massively increases the AoE of Flicker Splash

I 5L my Marohi last night and now with the sick ass power of Marohi and the increased AoE I'm Hog Stomping these poor fuckers.

Even after the life nerf patch I had over 3000 life, I"d get into harry situations but I'd almost never die. Mana is never a problem, with all my life & regen

The ONLY time I ever die is due to desync, and I've found a way to minimize the desync.

I got a Koams Heart Yesterday and Now I'm Rocking 5174 Life, over 13K DPS, doing Massive Aoe and basically stomp around like a God pissing on ants.

Physcial Reflect can be a problem but not that bad, I just switch to Ground Slam or Glacial Hammer with life leech and not a problem. My Current build I can switch out Flicker with Ground Slam and I have a Kick Ass GS character too... GS safer and more controlled but far less powerful than IFS.

I'm still fine tuning a few things, could use a lil better resists.. but that's gear based and can be fixed.

With a 6L Marohi I could add a Blood Magic gem, drop blood magic and then use Purity and a couple other aura... that'd be nice... maybe the last step to IFS God Mode....but I'm pretty close now.
IGN: _Johnny_Blaze_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info