[3.11] LL Vortex Occultist (endgame/deep delve optimized)

"
Grozaa wrote:
I have updated the POB tree to 3.11 . The changes to Glancing Blows have been reflected so I've removed Lethal Pride. It frees up 3 passive skillpoints so I've directed them towards Heart Of Ice. Some block-related notables become a bit less interesting but I still consider them good enough, though of course they are one of the ones that can be dropped for the build variations with cluster jewels(though keep in mind they might a bit harder to get and supposedly harder to craft).

Even without Glancing Blows we have 48% block chance for attack and 24% for spell, which is not bad either (and that's full block obviously). With some tweaks these can be taken further. It'll be interesting to try out the build without Glancing Blows.
Just updated PoE and checked out the changes and noticed that our Timeless Jewel still gives us Glancing Blows? Or is it now just my legacy Timeless Jewel on standard? We do have another problem now though. Since Wicked Ward is moved to another location, it's now inside the radius of our Timeless Jewel and is transformed to Glancing Blows if we use the same slot as in 3.10 tree.
"
patouskii wrote:
Just updated PoE and checked out the changes and noticed that our Timeless Jewel still gives us Glancing Blows? Or is it now just my legacy Timeless Jewel on standard? We do have another problem now though. Since Wicked Ward is moved to another location, it's now inside the radius of our Timeless Jewel and is transformed to Glancing Blows if we use the same slot as in 3.10 tree.

In standard legacy timeless jewels remain. But if you divine jewel for some reason you will lose Glancing Blows from it and never get it back again.
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
patouskii wrote:

In standard legacy timeless jewels remain. But if you divine jewel for some reason you will lose Glancing Blows from it and never get it back again.

It seems that it can't be used in the build, not even on standard. There's no other jewel slot for it than the one which was used in 3.10 tree and it now transforms Wicked Ward so no go. I played few rare T16 maps without GB and didn't feel much difference at this point. I think the build is very solid even without GB. I recommend everyone to try to fit Immortal Call for additional defense, especially now when GB is gone. Discipline can be fitted to shield without Enlighten so you can add CWDT + IC to gloves.

I couldn't find information on new Timeless Jewel notables?
"
patouskii wrote:
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
patouskii wrote:

It seems that it can't be used in the build, not even on standard. There's no other jewel slot for it than the one which was used in 3.10 tree and it now transforms Wicked Ward so no go. I played few rare T16 maps without GB and didn't feel much difference at this point. I think the build is very solid even without GB. I recommend everyone to try to fit Immortal Call for additional defense, especially now when GB is gone. Discipline can be fitted to shield without Enlighten so you can add CWDT + IC to gloves.

I couldn't find information on new Timeless Jewel notables?

https://www.reddit.com/search/?q=new%20timeless%20jewels%20keystones

And yes, of course build is very solid without glancing blows anyways. You could probably allocate Glancing Blows near Minion Instability if you wanted to though.
Do you think it would work with Ivory Tower instead? Would at least lower the price of the starting point a bit.
"
werchiel wrote:
Do you think it would work with Ivory Tower instead? Would at least lower the price of the starting point a bit.

I don't think you can make it a good starter build at all. Going straight into maps with LL and ivory tower is not going to work. If you still want to try then at least keep in mind that you will need to not reserve any mana and get a lot of chaos resist on your gear - otherwise you would get oneshot straight through ivory tower.
Yeah no I didn't mean as a starter build - bad choice of words on my part. I do plan on farming a currency with my current build but how much of it I have to farm is the issue. Chayula is about 2ex and 6L ivory is around 3-3,5 while 6L shavrone is almost 7.
I asked because I wasn't sure how much mana you'd normaly have but then again I can just simulate it in PoB and not bother you anymore. So yeah. I'll do that.
But thanks for the input.
Hi guys!

Can someone help me?

The DPS is pretty good but i feel like I'm dying more than I should with this build ;(
"
Lavinho wrote:
Hi guys!

Can someone help me?

The DPS is pretty good but i feel like I'm dying more than I should with this build ;(

You are not playing my version of the build. If you want to have better defences then you need to switch from what you are using right now. You can search this thread, I've answered about items like rime gaze and prism guardian many times. Basically those items are focused on dps but you are losing a lot of survivability.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info