[3.11] LL Vortex Occultist (endgame/deep delve optimized)

"
Hey
Thanks for the build, now started maps, really good build, loving it!
my gear atm, not the best, crafted wep myself as couldn't find one.
got a watcher's eye with the recharge and immune to poison while malev, so using ralakesh pantheon atm. any advice you can give me on anything would be appreciated.
Spoiler

does it matter about the boot enchant with EE etc? should i change it?

About the boots it's already been answered, but added lightning is totally fine, while it doesn't really do anything particularly good it doesn't mess up with EE.
Speaking of you character - you are already on a good track, if you are looking for some gear upgrade suggestions I'd say focus on your left ring and the belt. Obviously sometimes it is necessary to give up on some slot because of the need to fill resists and attributes(especially dex/str), but if you can manage those then I can certainly see some better gear potentially in those slots. And the good 1h might certainly be hard to buy, but unfortunately even harder to craft (just to give an approximation, on average you can hit +1cold with t2/t1 cold multi about 14 times within 10000 chaos orbs). Still, good 1h for a reasonable price (5-10ex) sometimes appear, you just need to set a live search since there are some people sniping those and relisting for double or triple the price. Anyways, glad you enjoy the build and good luck with further improvements.
Thanks for the reply
yes i will upgrade the ring and belt, just added the awakened gems and an awakened blasphemy for the +1 curse gems.
all in all a great build m8, cheers

Edit: Upgraded belt and left ring a bit, res capped too. 5k ES Regen atm, crazy :D
Spoiler
Last edited by KingCaracticus on Jan 16, 2020, 7:46:12 PM
Hey man, I always played high damage melee builds and I am giving this build a try.
This is my first DoT build and I am struggling with survivability (feel like squishy) and I think my damage is not that great.
I have like 20 ex in stash and want to upgrade my gear, what do u recommend to buy/craft first? I dont know how to proceed with crafting, do I just spam frigid and dense fossils in helmet and shaper/hunter gloves? And what about wand crafting, just spam frigids or use alt aug regal?
Flame dash links are just increasing mana cost
Last edited by GorremRox on Jan 19, 2020, 1:52:49 PM
"
GorremRox wrote:
Hey man, I always played high damage melee builds and I am giving this build a try.
This is my first DoT build and I am struggling with survivability (feel like squishy) and I think my damage is not that great.
I have like 20 ex in stash and want to upgrade my gear, what do u recommend to buy/craft first? I dont know how to proceed with crafting, do I just spam frigid and dense fossils in helmet and shaper/hunter gloves? And what about wand crafting, just spam frigids or use alt aug regal?
Flame dash links are just increasing mana cost

There is a lot to talk about so let me break it down:

1. You are playing a different variation of the build, which, compared to this one, has some advantages and disadvantages, but overall is much worse.
a) Prism guardian allows you to run one extra aura(in your case, hatred), but at the same time you are losing A LOT of energy shield, as well as energy shield on block, by not using a rare shield similar to what I am using in my build instead
b) Rime gaze is a helmet which does give you some extra damage, but yet again rare helmet would be much better. Basically, the 50% reduced recharge rate is a HUGE downside, not to mention potentially less ES, resists and giving up enchant
c) your wand is not terrible, but it could be much better (t1 cold multi, +1cold gems etc.)
d) there are many much better gloves, either dmg wise with cold dot multi, or better defense wise with 200+ ES
e) your belt hardly at all synergises with the build. again look up my gear section for reference
f) you are using witchfire brew even though you can only apply 2 curses, so you are wasting one curse anyways while you already run enfeeble+temp chains

2. You are using the tree from my build, but at the same time you are lacking key items that make it work well : all the point of getting those block-related nodes on the tree is to use Lethal Pride (Kiloava) jewel with them, otherwise it is literally twice less effective. Also, a watcher's eye with faster recharge start is important

3. Financial breakdown:

You said you have 20ex budget atm, I will not specifically check everything so keep in mind that these are my rough approximations.
First note : you always have a choice whether to try to buy items, or craft them. Crafting obviously adds extra effort and risk, but potentially allows you to get things cheaper or better than expected. What I mention are buy prices, but you are free to attempt crafting as mentioned in my general gear overview if you feel like doing so.

1. Hubris helmet with enchant, about 300ES - 5-8ex
2. Shield with 250-300 ES and recover %es on block - 5ex
3. Lethal pride jewel - 1.5ex
4. Faster recharge start Watcher's eye - 1ex
5. Gloves with 150+ ES, cold dot multi - 1-2ex
6. Crystal belt with good ES modifiers - 2-3ex
7. Better 1h (DON'T try to craft this one) - 4-8ex

Total cost: 19.5-28.5ex

Good luck.
hey playing this build, just got to 60. how does this build regen mana? im currently leveling with praxis and i dont see how you sustain mana in the build. do you just go oom and press vortex whenever you can?
"
IDIOTFUCKER wrote:
hey playing this build, just got to 60. how does this build regen mana? im currently leveling with praxis and i dont see how you sustain mana in the build. do you just go oom and press vortex whenever you can?

There are 4 factors which influence your mana sustain :
1. Mana reservation - you can have more unreserved mana by using enlighten 4
2. Total mana - gained mostly by passives, int and levels - it translates to the flat amount of unreserved mana you have as well as flat mana regen
3. Vortex frequency - impacted either by cooldown enchant or your manual playstyle
4. Mana regeneration rate - passives, gear

As you reach further levels and improve your gear/gems, you should be able to have 2k+ mana, 150-250 unreserved mana and about 50-70 mana regen. It should be comfortable enough but obviously if you hard spam vortexes you still might sometimes run out of mana for a second. It should be recalled though that DOT instances of multiple vortexes do not stack, making it not entirely needed to spam them, especially given having decent aoe and duration.
tyvm for the answer, im loving the build it owns haha. exactly what i was looking for. another question please, when i talent elemental equilibrium on pob, it says i lose 75k dps (of my total 430k) which is quite a lot, but when you untalent it you lose dps by about that same percentage. how do you make use of it with this build and what am i missing? character is CodyTheKing on league server. and any other tips would be appreciated :D
"
IDIOTFUCKER wrote:
tyvm for the answer, im loving the build it owns haha. exactly what i was looking for. another question please, when i talent elemental equilibrium on pob, it says i lose 75k dps (of my total 430k) which is quite a lot, but when you untalent it you lose dps by about that same percentage. how do you make use of it with this build and what am i missing? character is CodyTheKing on league server. and any other tips would be appreciated :D

If you want to see it in pob you need to go to configuration tab , and in the lower right corner set 'enemy hit by lightning damage' and 'ignore skill hit damage'. Now the explanation why it works in practice is the trigger skills setup in 1h. EE only counts hits, not DOT, so when you press vortex and it is immediately followed by triggered storm brand/ orb of storms it works in our favour, making that trigger setup very vital to DPS.
Thanks again for the build i'm having a blast !
All content is facetanked without giving a f***

I suggest you guys try to find the timelesse jewel n°16397

it gives : 10% reduced dmg from crit strike
5% strengh ( super useful)
10% chance to deal double dmg

"
Tomawauk wrote:
Thanks again for the build i'm having a blast !
All content is facetanked without giving a f***

I suggest you guys try to find the timelesse jewel n°16397

it gives : 10% reduced dmg from crit strike
5% strengh ( super useful)
10% chance to deal double dmg

You might be aware of that, but just a quick heads up: chance deal to double damage, while not entirely useless, doesn't do as much as it may seem(at least for this build). That's because that chance only apply to hits, not damage over time, and for vortex the actual hit contributes to maybe at most 10% of total damage. Still, there is a decent amount of useful mods on notables from lethal pride, such as +20str, 5%str, 20%fire res, 5% phys taken as fire, 5% chance to gain endurance charge on kill, take 10% less dmg from crits.
Anyways, I'd say any seed where you can hit 3 of those mods out of 5 notables that are actually allocated in this region, can be considered good(alongside Kiloava tag, of course). Trying to get exact seed (even on trade) out of 8000 possibilities is a lost cause anyways :)
Last edited by Grozaa on Jan 23, 2020, 3:03:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info