[3.13] SIEGE BALLISTA HIEROPHANT Build > Iron Commander & 15 Ballistas! CHEAP LEAGUE STARTER!

"
scruffywookie wrote:
Angry, with the improvements made in 3.10 to the other Ballista, do you still feel like Siege Ballista is the way to go here?

Other ballistas are complete shit, unfortunately. Mostly because of terrible range and poor scaling
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469
could we fit in a split personality jewel into this build? i managed to loot one with +5 dex and life, and it scales based on distance from where you start your tree.
"
Totalubnub wrote:
could we fit in a split personality jewel into this build? i managed to loot one with +5 dex and life, and it scales based on distance from where you start your tree.

Probably yes. Though it's not a major upgrade.

If you are clever you can place it to the right of Fangs of the Viper and according to my calculations that is 40 passive skills between the gem slot and starting point and the socket for a 1000% increase in effectiveness.

With 5 base that translates to 40 Life and Dex.

Considering dex nodes lead up to it and that it gives Life and Dex its a pretty good deal that improves offence and defence.

Costs 1.5 ex though.

This is my custom build based on the Angry's:

https://pastebin.com/NAFCMzEJ

Same DPS but better defence (has Acrobatics and Chaos Cluster Jewel). A lot cheaper with no Maraketh or Ire. The Dex requirement is more flexible too.

Since the Cold resist is heavily overcapped can get a few extra Chaos resist rolls. Might be able to get to even chaos resist.

The -10% Cold resist is from Elemental Army and Ice Golem.

Here is a cheaper version without it:

https://pastebin.com/FC695jxF
Last edited by Max_zero on Mar 21, 2020, 4:51:20 AM
so it seems you can fit 2 medium clusters (one is right by the 30 dex node at the start of the tree we use) into this build, that both give some heavy totem duration, totem damage, and +1 totems each, and not lose much, and that jewel i asked about gives 100-130-ish dex/60-70 max life depending on where i place it. seems really good overall.
the other medium wont link, but its the same except that it has a jewel socket over mana regen.
Managed to craft these for the gloves

Dexterity now 1500, 14 ballistas.
How does this build compare to the element hit balista? trying to decide my next character!
"
i003 wrote:
How does this build compare to the element hit balista? trying to decide my next character!

I haven't played that build per se, but seems like it is based on Ranged Attack Totem Support, which means that it most likely plays a lot like the Spell Totem Support builds, of which I have plenty of experience. (This build uses "legit" Siege Ballista -skill, which is different from the former two)

To be honest, I'm liking this build a lot. Having played many leagues with 4-5 totems, it's really fun to have a boatload of them for a change. One major difference between Siege Ballista and normal totems is that you can only spawn ballistas right next to you, instead of where your mouse is, but it seems to actually work better for me because it brings safety.

This build is certainly a "late bloomer" though. I was really strugling through the acts and at the beginning of maps, but as I got most of the uniques and some skill points, everything started to melt. I just did A4 Awakener a couple of hours ago and the fight phases basically lasted for 5 seconds.

This build is indeed squishy at the start, but as I am leveling and getting currency for upgrades and optimizations, it is constantly getting better and better. It is so much faster than most of the normal totem builds that I'm actually dying a lot less, eventhough Freezing Pulse totems for example use MoM and can have 2-3k more health (maybe even 3-5k more effective health).
"
Piwwoli wrote:
"
i003 wrote:

I haven't played that build per se, but seems like it is based on Ranged Attack Totem Support, which means that it most likely plays a lot like the Spell Totem Support builds, of which I have plenty of experience. (This build uses "legit" Siege Ballista -skill, which is different from the former two)

To be honest, I'm liking this build a lot. Having played many leagues with 4-5 totems, it's really fun to have a boatload of them for a change. One major difference between Siege Ballista and normal totems is that you can only spawn ballistas right next to you, instead of where your mouse is, but it seems to actually work better for me because it brings safety.

This build is certainly a "late bloomer" though. I was really strugling through the acts and at the beginning of maps, but as I got most of the uniques and some skill points, everything started to melt. I just did A4 Awakener a couple of hours ago and the fight phases basically lasted for 5 seconds.

This build is indeed squishy at the start, but as I am leveling and getting currency for upgrades and optimizations, it is constantly getting better and better. It is so much faster than most of the normal totem builds that I'm actually dying a lot less, eventhough Freezing Pulse totems for example use MoM and can have 2-3k more health (maybe even 3-5k more effective health).

While it is a slow starter (though all Totem builds seem to suffer from this to some extent) its upgrades are surprising cheap. A 6L Iron Commander can be gotten for less then 20c. Add to that reasonable prices for 6L Briskwrap and Fractal Helm leaving the boots and belt being the only pricy part.

The squishyness is something all Bow builds do with to some extent yet I find this build handles it better then most because:

1) Reflect isn't instant death like most bow builds
2) You have plenty of totems to take attention away from you.

I have branched away from Angry's build a bit since I felt the Herald and Precision auras were not adding much and replaced them with Bonechill+Skitter Bots and my Totems are up to 1.3 mil DPS while I have a Golem with GMP+Blind and Acrobatics.

Now I am trying to think of way to fit in Dread Banner (drop Bonechill?) because Avoid builds work extremely well with ACC debuffs on enemies.
Last edited by Max_zero on Mar 22, 2020, 9:32:23 PM
"
Max_zero wrote:
"
Piwwoli wrote:
"
i003 wrote:

While it is a slow starter (though all Totem builds seem to suffer from this to some extent) its upgrades are surprising cheap. A 6L Iron Commander can be gotten for less then 20c. Add to that reasonable prices for 6L Briskwrap and Fractal Helm leaving the boots and belt being the only pricy part.

The squishyness is something all Bow builds do with to some extent yet I find this build handles it better then most because:

1) Reflect isn't instant death like most bow builds
2) You have plenty of totems to take attention away from you.

I have branched away from Angry's build a bit since I felt the Herald and Precision auras were not adding much and replaced them with Bonechill+Skitter Bots and my Totems are up to 1.3 mil DPS while I have a Golem with GMP+Blind and Acrobatics.

Now I am trying to think of way to fit in Dread Banner (drop Bonechill?) because Avoid builds work extremely well with ACC debuffs on enemies.

I have never used skitterbots, how do they work without mines? I think I checked out your build at one point and wanted to go for the phase acrobatics as well, though I'm still working on it - I like my cluster jewels too much lol.

Also I don't understand the CWDT + Blood Rage combo, isn't it a suicide or is there something I'm not getting?
"
Piwwoli wrote:

I have never used skitterbots, how do they work without mines? I think I checked out your build at one point and wanted to go for the phase acrobatics as well, though I'm still working on it - I like my cluster jewels too much lol.

Also I don't understand the CWDT + Blood Rage combo, isn't it a suicide or is there something I'm not getting?

Skitterbots have chilling and shocking aura. Shocking aura increases all damage taken by around 19%
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info