[3.13] SIEGE BALLISTA HIEROPHANT Build > Iron Commander & 15 Ballistas! CHEAP LEAGUE STARTER!

Hi, I'm looking at this build as my second build, is it good for killing bosses? And how does it feel in 3.16?
"
ComplexWay wrote:
Hi, I'm looking at this build as my second build, is it good for killing bosses? And how does it feel in 3.16?

Both bossing and mapping feels awesome.
You can easly clear insta off screen in scourge mode.
But it is not a good starter.
Better to level +65 with another skill.
What's the point of blood rage? It won't maintain itself since it doesn't proc from totems, and we can keep frenzies up with, well, frenzy
"
zz9za wrote:
What's the point of blood rage? It won't maintain itself since it doesn't proc from totems, and we can keep frenzies up with, well, frenzy

Free 20% attack speed during bossing.
"
cubbeli wrote:
"
YaBwoiFelix wrote:
I'm using Rotgut and Dying sun.

Dying sun is awesome, I use it instantly with 60% inc effect when I enter nightmare. Rotgut is great with frenzycharges, as it gives u 40% mvmentspeed and Onslaught.

Panic life flask, granite with %armour, and diamond with %evasion. Using Ironwood notable I get around 17k armor with 15 ballistas, which is nice with Molten Shell which I'm getting eventually.

Rotgut seems fine. How do you generate frenzy charges.
Frenzy+GMP ?

Yes, with bloodrage and frostbomb linked to CoC.
"
Riliment wrote:
I found this guy (https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Loremastered/Ksilo?i=5&search=skill%3DSiege-Ballista) on PoE Ninja and try to do something with his tree, maybe someone find it helpful a bit.
+5 dex. per mastery can give you more total dex in most of cases.
In this variation you may decide to take Magebane if you want, but this provide you way less armour and evasion, but in total (with Iron Reflexes) it will average your phys. hitpool and ele. hitpool (unspec some armour/evasion nods near to IR, to allocate MB and IR).
DPS in this PoB isn't your top dps, change skill gems quality and activate flasks for it.
Wildwrap provide more damage, but less defense, you can decide what you want.
https://pastebin.com/6mq5kK8L

Hey.. Thanks for posting. I found that quite useful and based my char on your pastebin. Tried some things here and there and it got really strong.

Today I was able to get my first ever Maven kill. Feeling accomplished. Cheers.
I'm trying this build rn, I leveled up a char I already had (that's why he has RF in his name kek). I invested some exs to this build, and besides it needs more lvl, it feels good. I'm open to suggestions if anyone could take a look at my build to help me improve it, since it's a new type of gameplay for me :)
Last edited by KreuzCroix on Nov 15, 2021, 5:56:48 AM
I cannot decide if barrage support helps end game bosses or not.

Any ideas on support gem setups?

BIS gems:
added cold
ele damage
cold pen

interchangenables:

hypothermia
crit multi
faster attacks
inspiration
barrage support (for single enemies/bosses?)
"
cubbeli wrote:
I cannot decide if barrage support helps end game bosses or not.

Barrage does more DPS on bosses, and if you have Anomalous SB then damage will be even better.
I usually swap "awakened added cold damage" to "barrage" due to sockets color, but if you have white, you can swap "increased critical damage".
Last edited by RawDamage on Nov 15, 2021, 4:53:32 PM
IM playing this build and I gotta say the DPS is the craziest I've had yet. And I dont think I spent too much on this build. Maybe around 20Ex or so since I crafted my own stuff or got stuff for pretty cheap. Im at around 30k armor, 4.3k life health and YES on DPS

MY BIS gems btw are

Bossing:
Barrage
Cold Pen
Cold Damage
Awakened Elemental w/Attacks
Inspiration ( I use +3 to crit mastery, its nice for mana management)

Clear
Instead of Barrage I put in Crit Multi

This build instagibs almost all bosses. If you have any questions, let me know. I'm at 1800+ dex now and 16 ballistas just MURDER. I also have a Dying sun with 10sec increased duration so it also just MURDERS on clear. I think i got lucky with a Timless Jewel because I have +10% increased Charges gained, 5% dex and 4% maximum life.

Anyway thought I'd share how incredibly strong and pretty durable this build is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info