[3.9] OUTDATED Metamorph garbage explosive arrow build (yes we make metamorphs into garbage)

Good build looking at a new bow build to switch over from scourge arrow.

Is supported by 10 faster proj gem a good corrupt for quill rain?

Also will HH for map zooming help out or do we lose to much damage?
"
Dieclowns wrote:
Good build looking at a new bow build to switch over from scourge arrow.

Is supported by 10 faster proj gem a good corrupt for quill rain?

Also will HH for map zooming help out or do we lose to much damage?

Haven't tried HH yet, gave away all my moneyz to my guild mates, Haven't thought of buying one as I'm lacking resistance and switching with boss setup gets a little messy. But we do have more than enough damage for map clearing so having HH is a big boost to speed map clearing, although even if we go zoom zoom the mobs don't die instantly so that slows us down as well, we won't benefit HH at its fullest power.

Faster projectiles quill rain isn't great but better than nothing. Quill rain corrupt isn't necessary at all, we have enough damage against all bosses. Additional arrow is a good plus but it also slows our attack speed so I don't recommend getting too many additional arrows, that's also a reason I don't bring dying sun flask because I have already many arrows per shots thus having more will make my attack time feel clunky.
Could you please explain your passive point pathing for leveling? At least what do you think is the most optimal, since we have to go across the tree multiple times.
Ohai!

I'm trying out the build, and it was great fun for the acts!

However I do not feel the "bosskilling" power at all :(. Even mid tier map meta-s and bosses take long to kill (especially resistant ones, thats just not even funny). So I guess I must miss some critical parts.
If you can take a look at my setup that would be helpful, otherwise I would just have a few questions:
1. Should I trust PoB damage calculation? According to PoB my ignite dps is 79k, while yours is 200k. This seems pretty retarded since I just hit maps with 3 exa investment while your character is 26 level over me and looks like 40-50 exa investment.
2. How important EE is? I know the initial arrow should trigger it correctly but it seems shaky to use since pretty much my whole screen is on fire all the time. In your experience is it safe to use?
- How important the 40% increased duration enchant is?

Thx in advance!

*EDIT*
Answering my own questions for great justice
1. Pob is utterly useless for Explosion arrow :(
2. Very! It makes all the difference in the world. Bosses properly melt now :)
3. Still have no idea
Last edited by kartacs on Jan 7, 2020, 3:54:53 PM
"
Laere wrote:
Could you please explain your passive point pathing for leveling? At least what do you think is the most optimal, since we have to go across the tree multiple times.

Simply start from bottom then slowly go to upper side of the tree (get ranger part -->duelist-->scio life node as soon as you can--->templar part-->upper templar part)
"
kartacs wrote:
Ohai!

I'm trying out the build, and it was great fun for the acts!

However I do not feel the "bosskilling" power at all :(. Even mid tier map meta-s and bosses take long to kill (especially resistant ones, thats just not even funny). So I guess I must miss some critical parts.
If you can take a look at my setup that would be helpful, otherwise I would just have a few questions:
1. Should I trust PoB damage calculation? According to PoB my ignite dps is 79k, while yours is 200k. This seems pretty retarded since I just hit maps with 3 exa investment while your character is 26 level over me and looks like 40-50 exa investment.
2. How important EE is? I know the initial arrow should trigger it correctly but it seems shaky to use since pretty much my whole screen is on fire all the time. In your experience is it safe to use?
- How important the 40% increased duration enchant is?

Thx in advance!

*EDIT*
Answering my own questions for great justice
1. Pob is utterly useless for Explosion arrow :(
2. Very! It makes all the difference in the world. Bosses properly melt now :)
3. Still have no idea

1. yeah Pob is useless for damage calculation as you'll get more damage the more arrow/attack speed you get. 5Ex is enough to make the build make wonders, other exalts investment like mine are simply QoL upgrades, you can already do all content with just 5ex if you buy the mandatory items.
2. EE is used for burning down bosses, normal mobs die instantly even with EE buffing their resistance (only 25%). For bosses you'll just keep hitting the boss so that EE is always procced, or use storm brand/orb of storm these kind of long lasting automatic skills.
3. 40% increased duration is a huge dps increase.
a. Multiple Ignites doesn't damage at the same time so we want to build up biggest ignite hit possible for the massive damage.
b. Explosive arrow has built-in 3% more damage per fuses exploded, so the longer is the duration, the more damage you'll deal with this single ignite, for example I do 5 attacks per second shooting 10 arrows each attack, 40% increased duration is a 0.4 second increase to the fuse duration which results in 20 extra fuses on the enemy resulting 60% more damage (without counting the fuses' damage itself). Thus neither attack speed enchant or 40% increase damage enchant will beat increased duration enchant in terms of damage. But attack speed enchant is nice for mapping.

How do we make tough bosses melt even without decent gear? I recommend a 4L setup for ballista totem + explosive arrow + barrage + greater multiple projectile, they don't deal much damage itself but will add a huge chunk of more damage multiplier to your ignite damage.
Nice build buddy looks really strong. However i tried to follow all your instruction's and i am doing decent DPS on bosses, but i am not nuking them down quick enough and i am running out of mana with no way to fill my flask's back up?. If you could have a quick look at my char and maybe give me some tip's that would be great!!! Cheers.
Thoughts on Theif's Torment in this build?

I see a lot of Deadeyes using it.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?item=Thiefs-Torment&skill=Explosive-Arrow
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:

I've noted in the guide that thief's torment is a good choice but having 2 rings with life + better resistances is much more flexible and stronger, as for mana sustain thief's torment is definitely better but that can be solved with new mana flask mod.
"
yejianlai wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:

I've noted in the guide that thief's torment is a good choice but having 2 rings with life + better resistances is much more flexible and stronger, as for mana sustain thief's torment is definitely better but that can be solved with new mana flask mod.

Thanks.

How are you applying EE?

The other EA guide is weapon swapping to a 6L with Rain of Arrows which seems like a huge pain in the ass to do regularly.
livejamie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info