[3.9 Flicker Jugg] Unreasonably Thicc Man Defies Laws of Physics and Becomes Anime on a 50c Budget

"
I was contemplating going chieftain at first, but due to end charges generation and having a little bit less of everything (damage and defenses and QoL in form of free accuracy) I switched to jugg last minute, no regrets.

Concerning gear in reasonable price range, at this point I feel like crafting or buying an ele reflect immune chest with good hp and res rolls. The rest of the upgrades are double to tripple digits exalts territory and feel like an overkill anyway.

As far as survivability in late game is concerned you can check out them videos. T16 feels fine, bosses feel fine as well, I did all of the red conquerors deathless at this point, tanked most metas (still have to be cautious though for reasons you mentioned) etc. The only part of the game left untested is Uber stuff basically (shaper, elder, awakener, uber atziri), but all of them are about mechanics anyway, if you get hit by any of the big telegraphs you are going down regardless of your hp pool and defenses (barring a few broken builds). The biggest threats are - missing a timing window due to flickering around, influenced white mobs with 10k off-screen beams, juicy metas, some legion rares on maps with a lot of monster damage rolls (due to their off-screen capabilities) and that's about it. So, like everyone else you are vulnerable to the stuff that fits snuggly into a [Bullshit] category.

I just did T14s now at 84 and it was fine. Red Tier Crusader 1-shot me though, don't know what went wrong there. Damage against him felt pretty underwhelming - maybe my 3% missing Hitchance or the 100k less Dps was the case. I played Flicker ages ago and have to readjust to the later boss fights with flickering in and out, dodging etc. I think I just push to 90 as chieftain and then decide if I respec.

Didn't check all the new crafting mods - Ele ref immunity sounds pretty good. So many RNG options :)
I am sitting at 92 now but changed to the life JUGG built shortly after my previous post. I think I upped my gear quite reasonable for now and T16 are a piece of cake. Red conquerors are ok, too and usually depend on my concentration ^^

Have you done Awakener? It kind of feels it takes to much time to spawn him, especially with limited time to play, so I am hesitant to finally spawn him,"waste" my portals by dying and therefore, rather have him carried (fortunately there are some decent carries out there).

One of the highest flicker guys on poe.ninja is running Withered Step in his CODT set up, I might give it a try. I am using WoC and get to > -40 Fire Res in fight, giving me some decent ~1.8 Mio. Shaper Dps in PoB with Ruthless sokceted.
"
bierdurscht wrote:
I am sitting at 92 now but changed to the life JUGG built shortly after my previous post. I think I upped my gear quite reasonable for now and T16 are a piece of cake. Red conquerors are ok, too and usually depend on my concentration ^^

Have you done Awakener? It kind of feels it takes to much time to spawn him, especially with limited time to play, so I am hesitant to finally spawn him,"waste" my portals by dying and therefore, rather have him carried (fortunately there are some decent carries out there).

One of the highest flicker guys on poe.ninja is running Withered Step in his CODT set up, I might give it a try. I am using WoC and get to > -40 Fire Res in fight, giving me some decent ~1.8 Mio. Shaper Dps in PoB with Ruthless sokceted.

Holidays ended so I tapped out of this league before doing Awakener. I'd imagine the biggest issue would be the timing and knowing when to pull away (even post-nerfs). I'd recommend studying videos of his kills by melee chars so you get a better idea of how the fight's gonna go (very small dps windows and a lot of juking and jiving) + the added difficulty of running flicker on mechanically demanding encounters. I think it's very doable, just gonna take a few deaths to get accustomed to all the nonsense the fight throws at you.

Withered Step is a great addition actually, I forgot that it gives Elusive now, more defenses is always nice.

What is an alternative weapon to oro's? I checked while lvling the build and a 6L oro's was what you had mentioned in the guide at around 20c and now for the past week the cheapest 6L oro's I found was 80c... Would much appreciated any help you can give.
"
cadebliz wrote:
What is an alternative weapon to oro's? I checked while lvling the build and a 6L oro's was what you had mentioned in the guide at around 20c and now for the past week the cheapest 6L oro's I found was 80c... Would much appreciated any help you can give.

Prices inflate as the league goes on, but you can do just fine on a 5 link initially (cut fortify) and upgrade it later as you get closer to high yellow/low red tiers.
Was looking for a nice jugg build to play, saw the title, laughed a lot, read the guide, almost p***ed my pants, and now I wanna do a FS Jugg Naruto too. Screw zerkers and assassins, my next fast boi is a thicc one!

Edit: also nice guide :D
Last edited by gabriel_vulneraria on Jan 21, 2020, 7:44:20 PM
"
Was looking for a nice jugg build to play, saw the title, laughed a lot, read the guide, almost p***ed my pants, and now I wanna do a FS Jugg Naruto too. Screw zerkers and assassins, my next fast boi is a thicc one!

I've tried this build and have pretty much all the requisite parts but man it REALLY sucks for single target. What's your tooltip DPS on Flicker with no flasks up? Mine's only 23.5k. It takes forever to kill even tier 12 map bosses. There's no way I'd attempt tier 15+ bosses or any of the other end game guys.

Also, You left out another whole 4-link of gems (if I have a 6-link chest and 6 sockets on the Oro's sword) .... what should that be for? I just put an Ice Golem in mine to push the crit chance up and linked 2 minion supports and
culling strike to him to help with bosses.
"

Thanks man, hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did.

"
jbd007 wrote:

I've tried this build and have pretty much all the requisite parts but man it REALLY sucks for single target. What's your tooltip DPS on Flicker with no flasks up? Mine's only 23.5k. It takes forever to kill even tier 12 map bosses. There's no way I'd attempt tier 15+ bosses or any of the other end game guys.

Also, You left out another whole 4-link of gems (if I have a 6-link chest and 6 sockets on the Oro's sword) .... what should that be for? I just put an Ice Golem in mine to push the crit chance up and linked 2 minion supports and

Hard to say what's wrong without seeing your character, but as you can see in the vids, even on stacked maps bosses and metas die at a decent pace. ST is by no means great, but it shouldn't be as bad as you describe it. Ancestral Warchiefs and a second set of Oro's with Ruthless certainly help in that department. Can't tell what dps tooltip looks like since I uninstalled the game for the time being (steam updates are a pain in the ass with PoE).

As for the links, Withered step is a great addition to the build, beyond that - you are better off decking out your Ancestral Warchief instead of golem. Culling is kinda pointless since we already have it on Oro's.
"
awesoweh wrote:
"

Thanks man, hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did.

"
jbd007 wrote:

Hard to say what's wrong without seeing your character, but as you can see in the vids, even on stacked maps bosses and metas die at a decent pace. ST is by no means great, but it shouldn't be as bad as you describe it. Ancestral Warchiefs and a second set of Oro's with Ruthless certainly help in that department. Can't tell what dps tooltip looks like since I uninstalled the game for the time being (steam updates are a pain in the ass with PoE).

As for the links, Withered step is a great addition to the build, beyond that - you are better off decking out your Ancestral Warchief instead of golem. Culling is kinda pointless since we already have it on Oro's.

Are you saying Withering step as well as Immortal call or to replace it? And you think the Golem is worthless period? I'm missing the last few of your crit nodes as I have major resist and int issues and needed other nodes. If I ever get better gear, I can get those.
I did this as a Slayer and now I am trying it as a Zerker. It's really fun! My biggest issues is the porcupines though...clear and back and boom dead, any recommendations?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info