[3.9 Flicker Jugg] Unreasonably Thicc Man Defies Laws of Physics and Becomes Anime on a 50c Budget

"
Bigschwang wrote:
I did this as a Slayer and now I am trying it as a Zerker. It's really fun! My biggest issues is the porcupines though...clear and back and boom dead, any recommendations?

Yeah that's where playing as Jugg helps .... Flickers usually die too easily but as a Jugg, this is the most survivable Flicker I've ever played.
"
awesoweh wrote:
"
Was looking for a nice jugg build to play, saw the title, laughed a lot, read the guide, almost p***ed my pants, and now I wanna do a FS Jugg Naruto too. Screw zerkers and assassins, my next fast boi is a thicc one!

Edit: also nice guide :D

Thanks man, hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did.

"
jbd007 wrote:

I've tried this build and have pretty much all the requisite parts but man it REALLY sucks for single target. What's your tooltip DPS on Flicker with no flasks up? Mine's only 23.5k. It takes forever to kill even tier 12 map bosses. There's no way I'd attempt tier 15+ bosses or any of the other end game guys.

Also, You left out another whole 4-link of gems (if I have a 6-link chest and 6 sockets on the Oro's sword) .... what should that be for? I just put an Ice Golem in mine to push the crit chance up and linked 2 minion supports and
culling strike to him to help with bosses.

Hard to say what's wrong without seeing your character, but as you can see in the vids, even on stacked maps bosses and metas die at a decent pace. ST is by no means great, but it shouldn't be as bad as you describe it. Ancestral Warchiefs and a second set of Oro's with Ruthless certainly help in that department. Can't tell what dps tooltip looks like since I uninstalled the game for the time being (steam updates are a pain in the ass with PoE).

As for the links, Withered step is a great addition to the build, beyond that - you are better off decking out your Ancestral Warchief instead of golem. Culling is kinda pointless since we already have it on Oro's.

Wow, so I was playing with different setups to see if I could increase my damage. So I removed the ele damage gem from leap slam and put my fortify there instead. Then I replaced the fortify of my flicker and instead link in Close Combat ... The tooltip dps drops a lot but MAN ... my damage seems better and the attack speed is way higher cause of the combat rush effect. I'm gonna keep trying it, but it seems like quite an upgrade. I just need to start every fight with leap slam to proc the fortify now.
Last edited by jbd007 on Jan 28, 2020, 7:47:48 AM
So I have been playing this build for about a week, at first I liked it enough to invest a decent amount, spec'd as a Bersekrer at first I tried to make it work but it was a little to squishy. I highly recommend to anyone that you anoint whispers of doom onto your impres and get yourself a level 12 poachers mark ring, this was a real game changer for this build. If anyone is interested in my POB just let me know. I have invested a pretty amount into this build and currently puts in work on anything I run with it.
All things Melee~
"
Historical wrote:
So I have been playing this build for about a week, at first I liked it enough to invest a decent amount, spec'd as a Bersekrer at first I tried to make it work but it was a little to squishy. I highly recommend to anyone that you anoint whispers of doom onto your impres and get yourself a level 12 poachers mark ring, this was a real game changer for this build. If anyone is interested in my POB just let me know. I have invested a pretty amount into this build and currently puts in work on anything I run with it.

Interested to see your POB or something ... I anointed for Essence Sap and that helped me alot, but didn't think about doing Whispers for another curse.
"
Bigschwang wrote:
I did this as a Slayer and now I am trying it as a Zerker. It's really fun! My biggest issues is the porcupines though...clear and back and boom dead, any recommendations?

Going Jugg :p

Tbh I don't think I died on porcs once with this build (I died a shitload of times on a lot of other nonsense tho).

"
jbd007 wrote:

Wow, so I was playing with different setups to see if I could increase my damage. So I removed the ele damage gem from leap slam and put my fortify there instead. Then I replaced the fortify of my flicker and instead link in Close Combat ... The tooltip dps drops a lot but MAN ... my damage seems better and the attack speed is way higher cause of the combat rush effect. I'm gonna keep trying it, but it seems like quite an upgrade. I just need to start every fight with leap slam to proc the fortify now.

Well as always with fortify, there are better options DPS wise, but you are trading off QoL. The choice (as always) is entirely up to the player, but the initial idea for this build was to make a one-button but a chonky flicker, so yeah :)

"
Historical wrote:

I like the second curse Idea, but poacher's over assassin's? why?

Just put this all together and having some fun. Thanks for the guide. I still have to finish the last lab. Still just level 77 and barely getting started on leveling the gems.

I've added some skills since i had a 6L Belly and the 2 extra sockets in my boots.

Added:
Chaos Golem (for phys dmg reduction)
Holy Relic (for regen, tho im not even sure if its helping lol)
Vaal Molten Shell (added fire dmg/reflect)
& my favorite of them all Portal :)

Not even quite sure if any of these actually help but hey, use em if you got em i guess.

Spoiler

Oh, and gonna throw this baby in soon
Last edited by iiDWESTii on Jan 31, 2020, 4:17:14 PM
So I am back for another post, I have invested a nice amount into this build and am 100% in love.

to answer the question about "Why poachers mark?" I went with poachers for the mana leech as well, we have a solid amount of life leech to begin with and not much mana. This is still all a trial and error type thing, I have been changing the build a lot and trying different stuff. Right now it currently melts meta and most of the awakening stuff. I do still get 1 hit from not playing the mechanics some time.

Here is my POB below, would love anyone's input or advice. As you can see I added a Anger/Precision watchers eye to the tree. This was a massive DPS increase. I am also running dread banner because its only 10% mana res, not 100% commited to it. But no defense option really stuck out to me with this build. You could run a vaal shell but being a jugg we are already so tanky.

https://pastebin.com/k5fEdyrC

feel free to post! I'm not the best POE builder but I love the MELEE stuff.

/ After looking up assassins mark, this might be a really good option to get on your ring rather then the poachers mark. Depending on how much leech you want.I will be trying this.
All things Melee~
Last edited by Historical on Feb 1, 2020, 12:20:29 AM
Guys, out of curiosity, where are you getting your life leech?
Im currently around lvl 75, are this is the only thing that is missing.
I'm a total noob when it comes to working on builds, so forgive me if I'm asking stupid questions, but what do you guys think of Skitter Bots instead of Flesh & Stone? The 10% more mana reserved seemed manageable, and while the chill might not be as good as the blind, the shock sounds sweet.

Also, what about Wave of Conviction with a lvl1 CWDT-setup? That served me well with other elemental builds and we should be able to fit that quite nicely for some additional -res on enemies, I believe.

Last stupid question: Wouldn't it be easier (and cheaper) to just use Windscream to apply a second curse, maybe Elemental Weakness?
"
Also, what about Wave of Conviction with a lvl1 CWDT-setup? That served me well with other elemental builds and we should be able to fit that quite nicely for some additional -res on enemies, I believe.

I used WoC for quite a while and personally, I think it was a good damage boost while the gear is not quite that good yet. Now I invested in a Crit/Curse Astral and run Enfeeble in my CWDT set-up.

I am stuck at lvl 95 and keep dying to stupid stuff once I reach 20% XP...dunno, probably lack of concetration and motivation on bosses/metamorphs. Kind of stuck with item progression, too. Double corrupted my Oro's with RT and Acc support...what an awful RNG for our built...

Guardians and Shaper/Elder suck ass with this build. I haven't gone for Sirius yet. I think the amount of time it takes to spawn him is too precious for me to waste my portals and this built is quite different to a Cyclone or Bladestorm built where you are more or less free to move. Happy to hear opinions here, though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info