[3.9] Champion Impale Shrapnel Ballista | 7K+ Life | Great Single Target! | All Content!

What is the Survivability like on the ballistas? Heard they get one shot all the time :(
"
Bracks_ZA wrote:
What is the Survivability like on the ballistas? Heard they get one shot all the time :(

I had to take ironwood and used Primal Manifestation as neck annoint. I've been doing T11s without an issue. If you have a phys reflect map they are toast fast. Some bosses will clear totems fast---it depends on their attacks, but those attacks are better going at the totems than at you....just keep dropping them.
Since the totems only have like 3.2k life (Level 21 gem), I've opted for just replacing them instead of trying to get them beefier. There are absolutely instances where Ironwood would keep them alive, but everything has a cost, right?

And to the question about Knockback. Either the Chin Sol or King of the Hill crit node (say with Arborix) is what I'm relying on with Empire's Grasp suction.
I also feel like the dps is there - but I often seem to just get totally demolished by ranged packs a little away from where totems can reach.

This is during t1 maps but the problem seems it might persist?

I don;t want to invest into this build and then realise mapping is a nightmare.

I know boss damage will be good but it seems like it will struggle mapping.
"
Bracks_ZA wrote:
I also feel like the dps is there - but I often seem to just get totally demolished by ranged packs a little away from where totems can reach.

This is during t1 maps but the problem seems it might persist?

I don;t want to invest into this build and then realise mapping is a nightmare.

I know boss damage will be good but it seems like it will struggle mapping.

It's been reported to me that this is an issue, honestly. I wish that I could see what people are talking about when they say that. Is it the tight maps? Is it Baran's bois? Cause absolutely, it is much less fun to play in those scenarios. And the solution, unfortunately, is that you just have to trust your dodge and your damage and be super quick with your flasks. It's always incredibly active, there really is no like.. cruising through maps with this build. There is no straight-line running, you have to use movement skills precariously.

Mapping never feels amazing. Because your ballistas one shot almost everything they hit, the speed never increases with your DPS. It's just a boss/metamorph destroyer. I wish I could say it's for everyone, but this thread has kinda confirmed what I said in one of those boxes. The downsides of mapping are affecting people negatively.
Hiya! I wanted to do a TS impale champ this league, but I've heard that TS is not that great now, so I went summoner but the impale champ was somehow never escaped my thoughts. So here I am, rolling with this build, with some alterations.

I'm really enjoying it! I had a rough start but I've felt that I need to lvl, the dps is there and oh boy.... lvl74 and everything melts.

I went with the crit/empires grasp route with arborix(good roll, got it 5linked in 6 fuses yay) and Kaoms and I snagged a 21/23 Shrapnel ballista from a buddy (he linked a bunch of "useless" qgems from metamorph and he gave it to me for free haha) I'm not sure I'll get a Skirmish. I have a pretty generic " just life and resist quiver but it has 40ish% projectile speed, well tbh all my rares are pretty poopy generic stuff..altho it is a good thing you don't really need expensive gear to get the build rolling.

Also I took Longshot for some QoL, worth it IMHO, and longshot+my quiver gives me almost fullscreen shots. IF something doesn't die from the first or second volley they're sucked towards the totems for more damage.

Fun fact: you can play ping-pong with super tanky bosses if you place the totems right, each of the ballistas (ballistae?) will try to suck the mob towards them, creating a circlesuck (lol) effect. You need to have an ultratanky boss and high crit to pull this off.

Fun fact 2: Try the new barrage support gem. the dps is kinda meh but it makes you drop MG42 machineguns instead of Mossberg 500

Fun fact 3: Arrow nova Works too, slot it and you have tornado shot ballistas.

Also I would recommend the Tactician instead of the Nomad. It's the same but it gives int instead of dex.

EDIT:

Also I went with the pierce enchant on the helmet, the +1 arrow is a bit pricy for my personal challenge (I have to make this build destroy everything and everyone forever in the solar System and beyond with a 3ex budget).

Edit 2: the tactician gives crit chance when you have atleast 200 int and the nomad gives projectile damage if you have 200 dex. So the nomad is a good option by default, 200 dex is easy with this tree, getting 200 int however is difficult but doable.

Last edited by HTO_Wespe on Jan 9, 2020, 3:52:17 PM
Just smoked Minotaur in an unid'd yellow map 105% @ lvl 91 with this build and smoked a T16 full bar Meta after the boss no prob. Its legit top end...just need to get the levels and always be moving and dropping totems as they decrease in number.

Here is my current setup from POB
https://pastebin.com/wgrQxDa4

Even if your dps looks like poop in your char window-----realize thats 35k effective dps per arrow from 6 ballistas. Ive never had a build melt bosses like this. Its gross.
Last edited by Wharhogg on Jan 10, 2020, 8:40:32 PM
6 ballista is too mutch and too slow for mapping i think.
I bought a 6l body armor for a fast dps setup and a rare quiver for mapping.

and is work very nice, i'm just running spamming rain of arrows and 2 ballista max for finish low life mob.

i take my kaom and skirmish for the big boss.

now i try to have the craft "non-channeling skills have -10 mana cost" on rings and amulet for remove the mana flask
Last edited by 1zzu on Jan 10, 2020, 9:51:54 PM
"
Wharhogg wrote:
I picked up Longshot in place of Acuity for now....it seems to help clear a bit quicker as I don't have pull on the gloves, Tombfist+Bubonic trail damage and life are pretty amazing. I run 8+ to all ele sists+life in the sockets.

I personally am sticking with T4-8 maps until I reach 90+ I dont die and thats the way I like it! By 90 I should have all the health nodes I need to realistically do all content at that point.

Check out the dps in this build without giving up the health nodes. I'm within 1k of your max dps build and I didn't have to go way up into the rogue tree.

https://pastebin.com/9YZs74Cd It maybe the tombfist combo?

I've gone with the Bubonic + Tombfist combo but im nowhere near the 280k dps on a ballista, what should i do to reach this level of damage?

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/bBgPtR0s

I respeced many times through different versions of this build and not a single time was I close to even 200k dps.
"
PVLVSKY wrote:
"
Wharhogg wrote:
I picked up Longshot in place of Acuity for now....it seems to help clear a bit quicker as I don't have pull on the gloves, Tombfist+Bubonic trail damage and life are pretty amazing. I run 8+ to all ele sists+life in the sockets.

I personally am sticking with T4-8 maps until I reach 90+ I dont die and thats the way I like it! By 90 I should have all the health nodes I need to realistically do all content at that point.

Check out the dps in this build without giving up the health nodes. I'm within 1k of your max dps build and I didn't have to go way up into the rogue tree.

https://pastebin.com/9YZs74Cd It maybe the tombfist combo?

I've gone with the Bubonic + Tombfist combo but im nowhere near the 280k dps on a ballista, what should i do to reach this level of damage?

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/bBgPtR0s

I respeced many times through different versions of this build and not a single time was I close to even 200k dps.

POB had to have been messed up somehow, I can't get those numbers now either. But getting the 6L and all gems to 20 will get you another 11k dps. Amulet is your other big upgrade slot...I'd probably go with Primal Manifestation for more totem dps and health.

I'm 92 now with 6k health...I can crush through most maps no matter of tier, phy reflect sucks and the big + to mob accuracy unlucky to dodge hurts.

On Mino I literally dropped 5 ballistas, popped vaal haste+sulfur flask then ran off and he died. So whatever the dps was it was high.

I will say I cant do blights for shit, maybe its me? But having short range skills and mobs from all angles is not this build's specialty.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info