[3.9] Champion Impale Shrapnel Ballista | 7K+ Life | Great Single Target! | All Content!

"
Profatum wrote:
How are you doing influenced t15-16 maps? I'm really struggling with them, i'm even thinking about switching to something else, like yes, this build had really good damage against single target This build is actually much more melee than most "melees" in this game, you have to get close to the monsters and then place ballista since ballista placement and attack ranges are very small. And new influence packs have shitton of projectiles, which deal tons of damage especially in red maps with high density and a lot of damage mods, so much damage that doesn't matter do you have fortify, do you have 8k hp or not, you just die.
And retarded Arborix which is BiS effect breaks all mtxes, that's the worst issue of this build apparently.

The only influence that I'm cautious around are Baran's bois. Other than that, I haven't been experiencing any dread. T15-16s have been going smoothly at AL8, and I know the only real difference for us is that I'm going Acro/PhaseAcro. I'm not saying that will be the fix, cause as you noted, it's really a melee build. So when I get hit, it's more damage.

I wish I had a better answer for you. I've been experimenting with how much damage I can squeeze in without being a wet paper sack defensively, so anytime I've felt what you're feeling, I think I've probably just chalked it up to giving up too much damage? I'll take another look at your profile and get back to you. But I'm sad to hear you might be switching it up! Though, maybe a fresh mind will let you enjoy it more when you come back?
"
Ghostzapper wrote:
"
Profatum wrote:
How are you doing influenced t15-16 maps? I'm really struggling with them, i'm even thinking about switching to something else, like yes, this build had really good damage against single target This build is actually much more melee than most "melees" in this game, you have to get close to the monsters and then place ballista since ballista placement and attack ranges are very small. And new influence packs have shitton of projectiles, which deal tons of damage especially in red maps with high density and a lot of damage mods, so much damage that doesn't matter do you have fortify, do you have 8k hp or not, you just die.
And retarded Arborix which is BiS effect breaks all mtxes, that's the worst issue of this build apparently.

The only influence that I'm cautious around are Baran's bois. Other than that, I haven't been experiencing any dread. T15-16s have been going smoothly at AL8, and I know the only real difference for us is that I'm going Acro/PhaseAcro. I'm not saying that will be the fix, cause as you noted, it's really a melee build. So when I get hit, it's more damage.

I wish I had a better answer for you. I've been experimenting with how much damage I can squeeze in without being a wet paper sack defensively, so anytime I've felt what you're feeling, I think I've probably just chalked it up to giving up too much damage? I'll take another look at your profile and get back to you. But I'm sad to hear you might be switching it up! Though, maybe a fresh mind will let you enjoy it more when you come back?

Well, i've invested much less than in damage and much more in defense than you, tons of hp nodes, etc. And i don't know how you don't have any problems. In maps with narrow corridores game might look like strategy, pack literally guards the way and i cannot get to mobs because once i show in their sight they literally bomb whole way to them killing me in a second if remain in the bombarded area, and i cannot place ballista near them because this corridor is too long so i have to search other ways to get in the close range.
And yeah sad for me too, i wanted to play ballistas, looked really cool from aesthetic point.
Last edited by Profatum on Jan 1, 2020, 9:40:56 PM
"
Well, i've invested much less than in damage and much more in defense than you, tons of hp nodes, etc. And i don't know how you don't have any problems. In maps with narrow corridores game might look like strategy, pack literally guards the way and i cannot get to mobs because once i show in their sight they literally bomb whole way to them killing me in a second if remain in the bombarded area, and i cannot place ballista near them because this corridor is too long so i have to search other ways to get in the close range.
And yeah sad for me too, i wanted to play ballistas, looked really cool from aesthetic point.

After taking a look at your tree, I was surprised to see you at 'only' Level 81. That's not a diss or anything. That just has allowed the Video version of my tree to skirt by with 5% less increased Maximum Life and without Soul of Steel, and that's about it for defensive differences, other than the Dodge stuff we've talked about. Though obviously Soul of Steel is not insignificant.

But coming from the perspective of being Level 94 with much more damage than the tree in the video (basically running the "Immense Damage, Medium Life" tree from the PoB section), things just die before they can really threaten me. If something is scary, I circle it while constantly dropping totems, or if it's in a hallway, I run as far as I can in and flame dash to the other side of the pack with a Guard skill on. I would never go lower than the amount of life I currently have, but I'm sitting at a scant 133% from the tree. And it would be quite expensive to make gear upgrades for me. So the expectations might just be a little mismatched from us.

Long story short, I wasn't exactly breezing through tough maps at Level 80, either. If you're not having a fun go of it, that sucks, and I'm sorry. If there's any questions I can help with, please let me know. Otherwise, good luck with your next build!
I picked up Longshot in place of Acuity for now....it seems to help clear a bit quicker as I don't have pull on the gloves, Tombfist+Bubonic trail damage and life are pretty amazing. I run 8+ to all ele sists+life in the sockets.

I personally am sticking with T4-8 maps until I reach 90+ I dont die and thats the way I like it! By 90 I should have all the health nodes I need to realistically do all content at that point.

Check out the dps in this build without giving up the health nodes. I'm within 1k of your max dps build and I didn't have to go way up into the rogue tree.

https://pastebin.com/9YZs74Cd It maybe the tombfist combo?
Last edited by Wharhogg on Jan 2, 2020, 1:03:17 AM
"
Wharhogg wrote:
I picked up Longshot in place of Acuity for now....it seems to help clear a bit quicker as I don't have pull on the gloves, Tombfist+Bubonic trail damage and life are pretty amazing. I run 8+ to all ele sists+life in the sockets.

I personally am sticking with T4-8 maps until I reach 90+ I dont die and thats the way I like it! By 90 I should have all the health nodes I need to realistically do all content at that point.

Check out the dps in this build without giving up the health nodes. I'm within 1k of your max dps build and I didn't have to go way up into the rogue tree.

https://pastebin.com/9YZs74Cd It maybe the tombfist combo?

Yeah, I'm doing everything EASILY with a mere 5.6k life, it's awesome. Though, I did opt for Conqueror to feel safer. It's kinda hard to proc Adrenaline. Felt like I was getting hit to JUST above the threshold, then obviously didn't want to sit there or wait for a BloodRage or something. It just felt like too much to do to get the IMMENSE benefit. I think it saved me once, but it's not something you can really rely on, better served by another life flask if you really need it. But that's off-topic.

I looked at your tree, looks good. Especially if they come out to be the same. Sorry, don't remember my numbers off the top of my head, but looks great. Making using of the extra gem sockets is nice. I genuinely wish I could fit one more socket in, but I don't wanna give things up to get it LOL. Glad you found a workaround. My weakest slot BY FAR are the Empire's Grasp, especially on things immune to knockback. As long as our top end is 20+Mil Shaper DPS, I'm gonna be just fine with whatever anybody comes up with. And even without adrenaline or crazy stuff, it's so easy to get like a consistent 8-figure number. This skill is nuts. They knew what they were doing with that last minute nerf. And I can't believe it's only being used by 0.2% of people.

It is really awesome that you innovated on the build like that. With a guide, I'm much happier to leave it with as little to need as necessary. Just for simple recommendations. But yeah, great work!
Yo, awesome build! I am leveling one to throw some currency into....just have a quick question. In the PoB you have a Kaom's heart but a 5L for the charge generation. Is it best to use a 5L for this or stick to the Kaoms? thanks in advance.
"
IrJunk wrote:
Yo, awesome build! I am leveling one to throw some currency into....just have a quick question. In the PoB you have a Kaom's heart but a 5L for the charge generation. Is it best to use a 5L for this or stick to the Kaoms? thanks in advance.

Oh! That 5L setup was when I was goofing around with different Body Armours, but Kaom's is what I think is the best, simplest option. I'm not really happy with that 5L setup regardless. The only utility you really benefit from on Frenzy is going to be Power Charge on Critical Support. 2L is enough!

Hope you enjoy the build! I wish I would have looked into a few more things before making that video, but knowledge always comes with experience and I've played A LOT since then.
I just swapped the 5L on my Belly to vunerability+blasphemy+enlighten+fleshnstone+war banner and added ensnaring arrow+mana leech+power charge on crit to gloves. What a difference, no more clicking curse and the added dmg of ensnaring is noticeable.
so yeah, im the one dude that commented on your video about having this builds idea when i read patch notes. im still TRYING to put it together but i play SSF and forever fucking reason i still don't have a chin sol, and only 1 of the div cards that can work towards it. its really having me discouraged.

i have a 6L lioneye's chest thing (the one with lvl 15 pierce) but i just can't get a chin sol apparently. im still unsure if i should just level it and play with some other rare physical bow until i can maybe get a chin sol or not. bah. decisions decisions.

anyway im just so glad that the build idea works out so well. i really figured it would. i also definitely planned to get a bit more defensive, but i wouldn't be able to get like 10m dps either because i won't have dying sun and helm enchant and quiver corrupts etc.
i don't understand how use this glove.
what trigger the KB ?

i just switched to this build and my ballista are instakill in mapping, its very annoying. one aoe, one distance cast and all my ballista are destroyed.
I make t15.
Last edited by 1zzu on Jan 3, 2020, 8:45:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info