[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:

Can you give me a pob with whispers of doom? I am not sure what to remove to get to whispers of doom on the tree. What should I replace in the gloves with blood rage? I will use a replica mistwall shield for better tank instead of being squishy which I hate. Put multiple totem, totem and wither in it? After getting enlighten lvl 4 in my helmet where do I go from there? What aura should I use and put it where? Im at 93% chance to poisen without poisen support. Is that good enough? If I follow the ssf passive tree in op's pob will I be able to get 100%? If you or anyone else can tell me the exact gems to have and where to put it that'd be great

There's a lot of flexibility in the tree, so you could pull from a number of places to allocate Whispers of Doom. I'd probably pick Exceptional Performance and the two nodes leading to it, I cast blade vortex too often anyway.

You want your gems that reserve mana in your helm, along with your Enlighten. So herald of agony, skitterbots, malevolence.

I put spell totem, multiple totems, and wither in the shield, then cast when damage taken, steelskin, desecrate in the weapon. You can replace steelskin with immortal call if you like.

That leaves you 8 gem sockets in your gloves and boots for despair / blasphemy, plague bearer, withering step, whirling blades / fortify / faster attacks, and possibly precision. Personally, I ditched Precision for Vaal Blight.

If you're not at 100% poison chance, I'd continue using the poison gem. However, when I load your character into POB and turn off poison, it's still showing me 120% chance... 65% from the tree, 27 from Coralito's flask, and 28 from Herald of Agony. Void manipulation gives you exactly the same damage boost but with a 120% mana multiplier instead of 135%.

I can use all those auras no problem. If nothing changes then I don't see the point of the enlighten gem unless I am missing something. But my current gems/gem setup is okay? Here's my latest gear

I just saw that you recommended desecrate. I wish the OP would organize his tier of builds better. The pob and guide is kinda different. I see him recommend flesh and stone in pob but in the guide it says skitterbots. Just little stuff like that confuse poe retards like me where I need to follow exactly what a guide says to do but if a guide is showing one thing and the pob shows another like i says it confuses people like me who don't know how to change things around and still be efficient. And since you loaded up my pob, can you tell me how much damage I do?
Last edited by TheChosenOne_ on Nov 18, 2020, 5:01:13 AM
So below is my gear.
I went the golden rule route with a unaffacted bleeding/poison watcher's eye.
I feel like i'm somewhat tankier with the apep combination.
I'm looking to regain some of the lost damage.
So i was thinking for changing one of the medium clusters gems with Low Tolerance / Steady Torment one. Or am i missing something there?

And the only upgrade i see gearwise is good corrupted apep's, a +2 kintsugi and i more life +1dex/physical amulet.

Last edited by sinned79 on Nov 18, 2020, 7:49:50 AM
I'm coming to this build late in the game. Stumbled across it. So, without reading all 375 pages to see if this has been answered, why are you using Blood Rage? It doesn't do anything. It's for attack damage and attack speed. BV is spell damage and cast speed.

Along those lines, where are you getting your sustain from in boss fights?
Last edited by Spurnshadow on Nov 18, 2020, 3:28:23 PM
"
nomercy4you wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
Drop blood rage. We only use that prior to getting Eldritch Battery, either via the Diadem helmet or pathing there on the tree. Once we have that, we need our energy shield to use as mana.

??? that is just wrong. You can ofc keep blood rage for charges (movement, damage) I like it a lot better than vaal blight for example. It also does not drain your ES with EB.

"
Void manipulation gives you exactly the same damage boost but with a 120% mana multiplier instead of 135%.

Then he should better use Poison, because maybe he is out of flasks sometimes and then he needs the extra poison chance and the mana cost does not matter. You are casting BV every ~5 sec and your ES is 100% most of the time.

@TheChosenOne_: All in all, it is your choice what minor skills you want to add or not. Like the immortal call or steelskin choice (I prefer IC) or if you need Flame Dash for teleport or just rely on whirling blades. If you need Withering Step etc... I would suggest you experiment a little bit and use what feels best after 10 maps/heists.
Also: How can you still have 13 ex, if you had 22 and already bought asenath's gloves? Those are 10ex alone :) Also post your Cluster jewels they are very important and can be pretty expensive.

How are you avoiding draining your ES with bloodrage up? It drains mine, I just tried it in game... there's that line in there that says you take 4% of your maximum ES / s.

Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Nov 18, 2020, 4:31:07 PM
"
Spurnshadow wrote:
I'm coming to this build late in the game. Stumbled across it. So, without reading all 375 pages to see if this has been answered, why are you using Blood Rage? It doesn't do anything. It's for attack damage and attack speed. BV is spell damage and cast speed.

Frenzy charges on kill.

Sustain for what? There are some bosses we'll run out of flask charges on. Phased bosses I'll save my second round of flasks for the final phase. Most everything dies before we run out of ... well, anything.
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:

Can you give me a pob with whispers of doom? I am not sure what to remove to get to whispers of doom on the tree. What should I replace in the gloves with blood rage? I will use a replica mistwall shield for better tank instead of being squishy which I hate. Put multiple totem, totem and wither in it? After getting enlighten lvl 4 in my helmet where do I go from there? What aura should I use and put it where? Im at 93% chance to poisen without poisen support. Is that good enough? If I follow the ssf passive tree in op's pob will I be able to get 100%? If you or anyone else can tell me the exact gems to have and where to put it that'd be great

There's a lot of flexibility in the tree, so you could pull from a number of places to allocate Whispers of Doom. I'd probably pick Exceptional Performance and the two nodes leading to it, I cast blade vortex too often anyway.

You want your gems that reserve mana in your helm, along with your Enlighten. So herald of agony, skitterbots, malevolence.

I put spell totem, multiple totems, and wither in the shield, then cast when damage taken, steelskin, desecrate in the weapon. You can replace steelskin with immortal call if you like.

That leaves you 8 gem sockets in your gloves and boots for despair / blasphemy, plague bearer, withering step, whirling blades / fortify / faster attacks, and possibly precision. Personally, I ditched Precision for Vaal Blight.

If you're not at 100% poison chance, I'd continue using the poison gem. However, when I load your character into POB and turn off poison, it's still showing me 120% chance... 65% from the tree, 27 from Coralito's flask, and 28 from Herald of Agony. Void manipulation gives you exactly the same damage boost but with a 120% mana multiplier instead of 135%.

I can use all those auras no problem. If nothing changes then I don't see the point of the enlighten gem unless I am missing something. But my current gems/gem setup is okay? Here's my latest gear

I just saw that you recommended desecrate. I wish the OP would organize his tier of builds better. The pob and guide is kinda different. I see him recommend flesh and stone in pob but in the guide it says skitterbots. Just little stuff like that confuse poe retards like me where I need to follow exactly what a guide says to do but if a guide is showing one thing and the pob shows another like i says it confuses people like me who don't know how to change things around and still be efficient. And since you loaded up my pob, can you tell me how much damage I do?

The Enlighten 4 lets you run all those auras and Aspect of the Spider, if you get everything lined up perfectly. I have literally ZERO mana unreserved.

The OP, unfortunately, is mostly gone, and has been for quite some time. The build guide, as such, is a great base idea, however, those of us currently using it have changed bits here and there. Furthermore, even when it was current, there was some confusion due things like mana reservation gems changing depending on what gear you currently had or what level you are at.

For instance, flesh & stone vs aspect of the spider. I used F&S until I picked up Asenath's gloves, which grant blind as well. Then I switched for Aspect of the spider. Bino's vs Cold Iron Point - same deal, as soon as I had an explode mod from Asenath's, I didn't feel like poison proliferation was that useful anymore, as everything dies from the explosions long before the poison can kick in.

I'm showing you at *just* shy of 5 million dps on blade vortex, Vaal BV adds another 3.5 to that.
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
Spurnshadow wrote:

Blood Rage sucks with this build, the degen will get you killed if you're not careful and the extra frenzy charges are useless as you already destroy everything while mapping. Not sure why people use it tbh.
It's quite useful while leveling, before you get overpowering DPS or have Eldritch Battery. I dropped it before hitting maps.
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:

For instance, flesh & stone vs aspect of the spider. I used F&S until I picked up Asenath's gloves, which grant blind as well.

F&S is still useful with Azenath's as it allows you to blind bosses without adds.
Sure, and the damage reduction from critters that aren't close is nice too, however, is it nicer than Aspect of the Spider, which has the same mana reservation cost, especially if you already blind everything except solo bosses using Asenath's? :)
Would someone mind confirming end game gem set up with end game gear?

Conflicting info on the forum and the POB.
"
Cithilu wrote:
Would someone mind confirming end game gem set up with end game gear?

Conflicting info on the forum and the POB.
That's complicated, it depends on what endgame gear you are running. I'll give it a go though.

Body armour 6L:
Vaal blade vortex / Aw. deadly ailments / Aw. Unbound Ailments / Unleash / Aw. Void manipulation / Vile Toxins.

Awakened gems can be regular variants. Void Manipulation can be Poison, especially if you don't have 100% poison chance.

Devouring Diadem helm 4L:
Enlighten 4 / Skitterbots / Herald of Agony / Malevolence.
Malevolence can be divergent.
Skitterbots can be Flesh and Stone.

Weapon1 3L:
Cast when damage taken / Steelskin or Immortal call / Desecrate
Desecrate can be something else if you prefer.

Weapon2 / Shield 3L:
Spell totem / multiple totems / wither.
Or, you can rely on withering step if you like that better.

That leaves you 8 sockets in your gloves and boots.
Despair / Blasphemy (unless you are using gear with Despair on hit)
Whirling blades / fortify / faster attacks
Blight / plague bearer / increased AOE (skip the inc. AOE if you need the socket for something else)
Flame dash (optional)
Withering step (optional)

There's 10 gems there, and only 8 sockets, so you're going to need to make some decisions. :)

And of course, this is subject to personal preferences. It's highly unlikely that everyone is using exactly the same setup.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info