[3.12] Hasunic's Toxic Rain / Caustic Arrow Trickster | Leaguestarter | Ailment Immunity | SSF

"
arikshkol wrote:
Hey.
I got +1 chaos and dex amu
+2 support bow and a lot of 'chaos damage multi'
I still feel my boss damage lacking, mobs die fast. Elder guards die (not fast) but any really strong boss (minatour/chimera/sirius) kick my ass. How can i improve damage? Am i doing something wrong?

- Invest into another cluster wheel. You will need points, so I suggest you to drop Deep Wision, Heart and Soul, Blast Radius. Going for Heart of Oak and Finesse is questionable too.

- Upgrade your existing cluster setup, Large one can have 3 notables - Wicked Pall, Unwaveringly Evil and Unholy Grace. On medium ones I suggest to use Wicked pall and Eldritch Inspiration or Eternal Suffering.

- Get rare chest with at least frenzy charge on hit or buy Carcass Jack

- Get Empower 4

- Change Culling Strike to (Awakened) Swift Affilction

- Get Awakened version of Swift Affliction and Vicious Projectiles

- Think of using Farsight notable on tree, it gives decent dps

- Enchant bow with quality gives attack speed

- Your bow is missing attack speed, it can be fixed with remove phys and then aug speed - remove/add speed

- Quiver can have DoT on top of Chaos Dot

- Helmet with hunter influence can have -9 chaos resist to nearby enemies

- Amulet can have Chaos DoT too

- Craft rings with Deafening Essence of Envy to guaranteed 30+ inc chaos dmg

- Hunter influenced belt can have 30% inc chaos dmg

As you can see, plenty of upgrades ahead of you, just do some calculations what you can afford now and what will give you biggest boost with cheapest cost. Tbh, I'd think twice before I invest into that bow you have tho, because it has low DoT. However, rest of crafts I mentioned are easy to achieve with Harvest mechanics.

Last edited by maciek2g on Aug 8, 2020, 3:50:10 PM

Finally crafted an amulet and rings. I have too many resists, so I bought HH instead of my old belt. There are no problems with attributes now either, with or without HH.

I changed the flasks. I don't see a lot of difference with or without Dying Sun, except that mobs are a little easier to hit due to the larger number of projectiles.

There is only one thing left in the build, which is not entirely clear to me. Cluster Jewels.

I have these now. I'm not sure if I have the optimal set of nodes.
I'm trying to min-max that build for 100% Delirious maps. I'm able to run T15s, however I die from time to time.

Anyways, I did some changes and I managed to squeeze more DPS and Endurance charge on kill from Overcharged notable.

I dropped whole upper region of the tree, I took bottom cluster instead and went for Thread of Hope in center.

HP remain the same, I lost like 200ES tho and a bit chaos res, but I gained Endurance charges and my DPS went from 12m to a bit over 14m. (Sirus DPS, 15 Wither stacks, 4 pods overlapping)

I had to drop Elusive nodes for that unfortunatelly, so Im no longer capped on dodge, but I crafted this

to fix that.

So, in the end, during mapping I have
100% Ailment immunity
Fortify (Hardened Scars annoit + Hybrid Flask)
69/65 Dodge (75/75 with Vaal Grace up)
Frenzy and Endurance charges (Power too, but they are useless)

What is left to fix right now, is getting a bit Intelligence somewhere else than on node and my chaos res is only 10% now. Other than that I dont see any room for upgrades... well, at least in <50 ex budget.

One thing I could try is to put Elusive on Crit on Boots, with Power charges I have like 10% chance to Crit... not sure if that is worth it tho.

Last edited by maciek2g on Aug 9, 2020, 5:37:25 AM
I am trying playing this build. I want to craft some gear, can you advise what to improve in my build? I use somewhat different set of skills, I prefer phase run for speed + siphoning trap for additional leech boost + slowing enemies. Here is my current gear, I have currency pool like 2Ex + 600chaos.

I have some influenced items, but they are no great:

I want to craft in the grove some items for build like verm ring. What basic characteristics of vermillion ring should I buy? and quiver is not good + amulet also.

Current issues is using three elegant form cluster jewels for elemental ailm immune. But I am affected by bleeding + poison + burning ground. I need more survivability and life pool. Was able to do Sirus A5 deathless, but Catarina lvl83 one-shot :( .

Thanks in advance. Gear is not great, especially jewelry. And is it feasible to run eternal lab for helm enchantment or it is waste of time?
There once was an exile who found a map of infinite doctors.
Last edited by Programysh on Aug 11, 2020, 9:09:30 AM
It's not worth using that many. Just use your flasks for immunity.

If you get ailment avoidance on boots, gloves and helmet you get 100% because you get 20% from the life cluster at the bottom. It should be quite easy to craft room with harvest and get resistance capped.

[3.9]Hasunic's Toxic Rain Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2712106
[3.7]Voidforge Flicker Strike Slayer: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2532214
[3.7]Oni-Goroshi Fire Vaal Reave Zerker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583978
"
Programysh wrote:
And is it feasible to run eternal lab for helm enchantment or it is waste of time?

Definitely not. Doing a quick search on the trade site, you can find solaris circlets with the 10% version for 1c, solaris or mind cages with the 15% version for under 40c, and hubris with 15% version for ~80c.

FWIW I don't think it's ever worth it to try and run lab for your own helmet enchant.
I could use some assistance with next steps for my build. Gear below. Profile is public. My gems are kind of a mess but mostly there (I generally like CS better, even on bosses though since I can move around). I also can't afford enlighten 4 yet so Ive had to work some shenanigans with intuitive leap.

Is a second cluster setup the way to go? Sitting at about 5300 hp and 1600 es. Mapping is mostly fine but the occasional one shots are definitely a thing. I know I can get some better life rolls on some things but the seeds have not been kind to me. Probably can squeeze out a bit more es to.

Appreciate any help and ideas you helpful folks might have. Cheers.

Hi, I have a question.
I have found a "Ritual of Shadows" node due to my Glorious Vanity.
I would need to allocate 3 nodes to get it. I mean, Toxic Rain does hit pretty often due to the spore explosion counting as a hit too. Would this effectively remove the need for a Wither Totem Setup for Bossing? And if yes, how could I utilize the then 4 empty gem sockets?
No it's pretty bad. Tr doesn't hit that often
[3.9]Hasunic's Toxic Rain Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2712106
[3.7]Voidforge Flicker Strike Slayer: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2532214
[3.7]Oni-Goroshi Fire Vaal Reave Zerker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583978
Hello. Been lazily following the guide since got too comfortable once I started facerolling but now want to try minmax the build. Playing SSF too so kinda annoying trying to minmax the gear. Esp trying to get decent hunter items/rolling hunter affixes.

My gear so far;

[Spoiler]

[/Spoiler]

Been trying to roll the hunter amu and ring but no luck so far. Also have a 6 link thicket bow that I'm trying to get +3 on. Also the cluster jewels are giving me a hard time too.
Last edited by kentakofotDM on Aug 15, 2020, 8:58:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info