3.9| DEADITOR |Elemental Hit w/ Ballista Totem Support| Use Any Gear! (Need a Big Investment Though)

"
Katalaeia wrote:
Follow up question: Is Blood Rage worth using, or is it too dangerous with Totems?

You mentioned in your guide that with Totems it may not be worth it. I'll admit to not fully understanding the relationship between Leech and Totems, but these are the conclusions I'm coming to after some Google-fu plus my own experience.

-Based on what I've found online, a Totem that causes Leech will heal the Totem, not the player character.
-Blood Frenzy Leeches physical damage, and Elemental Hit does no physical damage, nullifying the Leech aspect of Blood Frenzy.
-We get exactly one Leech node on the passive tree that gives us 0.4% Leech, but if the Totems (Ballistas) get the effect of the Leech, this will have no impact on the character.

If someone could set me straight if I am misinterpreting any of this, I would GREATLY appreciate it. I'm an utter noob regarding Totem mechanics.

I'm using three Life Flasks of Staunching and when I noticed they were having zero effect on my health loss I realized it must be caused by Blood Rage. I'm not sure why it took me until level 78 to make this connection but the degen is absolutely brutal for me and I don't know how to overcome it.

I'm going to try removing Blood Rage and running a few Maps to see if it feels any better.
Hey Katalaeia!

Yup. Your research into totems is correct. The only perk that Blood Rage will help with is the Attack Speed. When a character has Leech with totems, the leech gets returned to the totem, not you. There is an exception to this. There are a couple of places in the game where it specifically states (like the Chieftain node for Ascendant) that gives you leech from your totem damage.

But like I said, I'm not sure if the bonus attack speed is worth the degen. So if it's not worth it, just get rid of it.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
But like I said, I'm not sure if the bonus attack speed is worth the degen. So if it's not worth it, just get rid of it.

My health situation got a lot smoother after I got rid of Blood Rage. Not having to worry about what feels like a constant bleed makes it a lot easier for me to stay alive. My HP pool is probably a little light yet (around 3.7k) but the degen from Blood Rage is percentage based so I'm not sure stacking more health would have done anything in that regard.

I managed to get myself a couple nice gear upgrades yesterday by identifying a handful of things sitting in my stash that I was holding onto for the chaos recipe (I rarely trade, so yes, I do the chaos recipe). I'm especially proud of this ring - it rolled max elemental damage. Sure it's "only" T2, but that's a lot of damage I didn't have previously!

I'm doing this BD this afternoon~
I found that, don't use Ballista Support untill the EH gem lv up to around 7 or 8 cuz the damage will be very poor, and just shoot with some other skill like Galvanic Arrow may be a better choice.
Hmm, I don't seem to need the Clarity aura. Can any of you recommend another aura? I thought of the Heralds if Ice/Thunder/Fire, but they don't seem to fit perfectly, since they sometimes include physical damage, or negat Shock ailment.
Hello again Mr. Wrecker,

I had soo much fun last season with your minion zombie army, thx for it !

This season i wanted to try somethink new, lucky ducky i found your SCION totem build:)

Lvling is a pain in the ass but whaat ever iam getting there (41lvl), so far i have no problems with killing everythink (Morphs are hard but they die anyway). My question is very simple ! In your guide u are saing i can choose whatever BOW+QUIVER i want, but i want u to tell me whats the best :D Can u suggest me some nice unique bows+quivers ? So far iam using this (more totems, for fun :D)

Last edited by limoj on Dec 20, 2019, 5:57:32 AM
"
limoj wrote:
Can u suggest me some nice unique bows+quivers ? So far iam using this (more totems, for fun :D)

You're going to be hard-pressed to find a better bow than the one you have. I got that same bow at level 11 or 12 and am still using it at level 79. The attack speed is extremely good.

For quivers I don't know what would be considered the "best", but both a Spike-Point Arrow Quiver (implicit Crit modifier) and Penetrating Arrow Quiver (implicit piercing) are solid options if you get one with desirable mods (things like attack speed, crit chance, elemental damage). I don't know if there's a Unique that stands out as miles above other choices here.
Hi, can tri-heralds be implemented in anyway? Thanks for your sick builds. :D
Hmm, I don't understand what is so powerful about that bow, the Storm Cloud. I mean, yeah, I know that phys damage is not important. But it just hast lightning damage, and nice attack speed. But isn't this:

much better?
(got that yesterday for 5 chaos)
The increased elemental damage might put your new bow ahead of Storm Cloud. Check your Elemental Hit tooltip when you swap bows and see how it affects your damage.

I've yet to find/craft a bow that gives me a DPS increase over Storm Cloud but I'm entirely certain it's possible. I just don't know what that threshold is. I rarely trade though and I won't trade for something without knowing 100% it'll be a DPS upgrade.
"
Katalaeia wrote:
"

My health situation got a lot smoother after I got rid of Blood Rage. Not having to worry about what feels like a constant bleed makes it a lot easier for me to stay alive. My HP pool is probably a little light yet (around 3.7k) but the degen from Blood Rage is percentage based so I'm not sure stacking more health would have done anything in that regard.

I managed to get myself a couple nice gear upgrades yesterday by identifying a handful of things sitting in my stash that I was holding onto for the chaos recipe (I rarely trade, so yes, I do the chaos recipe). I'm especially proud of this ring - it rolled max elemental damage. Sure it's "only" T2, but that's a lot of damage I didn't have previously!

Awesome Katalaeia!

I'm glad the build is smoother. I'll likely be doing the same, but I haven't even had a chance to get there yet. 'Tis the season to be busy :(.

Sweet ring! Good choice on the craft! That is nice!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info