3.9| DEADITOR |Elemental Hit w/ Ballista Totem Support| Use Any Gear! (Need a Big Investment Though)

Hi! I'm new to the game (This will be my first toon to go act 10) and I have a question. I have 4 socket boots. Does it matter if I go "Cast when damage taken support - summon ice golem - blood rage - phase run"?

Right now I'm trying it but I think due to different levels of gems and level requirements, I can't make it work.

I noticed you wrote "cast when damage taken support lv1" but not sure how that works. Is that related? Do you somehow "lock" the level of the gem? (I also noticed you noted clarity as lv 11)

PS: I remembered you can actually check my items! So I guess you can see from my inv
Last edited by TheMaelstorm on Dec 16, 2019, 2:37:39 AM
"
TheMaelstorm wrote:
Hi! I'm new to the game (This will be my first toon to go act 10) and I have a question. I have 4 socket boots. Does it matter if I go "Cast when damage taken support - summon ice golem - blood rage - phase run"?

Right now I'm trying it but I think due to different levels of gems and level requirements, I can't make it work.

I noticed you wrote "cast when damage taken support lv1" but not sure how that works. Is that related? Do you somehow "lock" the level of the gem? (I also noticed you noted clarity as lv 11)

PS: I remembered you can actually check my items! So I guess you can see from my inv

Welcome to PoE :)

"Cast when Damage Taken" cannot support skills with a higher player level requirement than that of Cast when Damage Taken itself. For exmaple, level 1 "Cast when damage take" can trigger spells that require character level 38 (or below).

If you want to read more about it: Cwdt/Gamepedia

I was wondering too, why exactly level 11 for clarify... then I realized that at this level clarify has an requirement for intelligence that is not above that of other gems. So I think the reason why it shouldn't be above level 11 is that you do not need more intelligence. Something our skill tree doesn't provide us with in large amounts.
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
"
Katalaeia wrote:
"
You're a bug finder! Thank you! I removed Leech from the guide as soon as I saw your post. Thanks again for tolerating my errors.

Please don't beat yourself up. You write wonderful, easy-to-follow guides and post actively in them helping your fellow players out. It's easy to miss one random sentence here and there that changed.

Level 77 now and still using that dang "pre-teen" bow. I'm just laughing at how silly this feels, but the damage is there and the best rare I've found so far was still a 2,000-point drop in tooltip DPS.
Thanks Katalaeia!

How's level 77 treating you? The build is starting to do a lot better for me so I'm pretty stoked to get to the Atlas. I'm two or three nodes away from the 4th totem which will make a huge difference!

I'm glad you've found a weapon that's been able to carry you this far! I found a rare that had 51% to elemental damage. So that was nice until I found a 4 link that matched what I needed. So that was that.

Thanks for your encouragement and your update :).
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
KaiEbel wrote:
"

KaiEbel, if you're up for it, I'd love some edifying feedback. What level were you when you moved on (if you did) and which ascendancy nodes you chose.

Thank you both. I appreciate it.

I'm lvl 72 right now, changed to Ballista totems at 65. 5k dps per totem.

I don't even survive cruel lab long enough, so I'm just one point short to ranger ascendancy.

I'm probably quitting PoE, because it doesn't make any sense to continue, if I keep getting one hitted, can't gain xp, can't find currency and buy me stuff. I don't find any good bows, my current bow is just a tiny bit better than a bow around lvl 40, it's not your fault, maybe it's just got nerfed too hard.
Hey KaiEbel,

By no means play if it isn't fun. But league starts are the hardest for any player. Sometimes the "drops" are just against us. Have you checked out the gear I have in the guide's links? They might help in what to do with your spare sockets once you have the gear. I took a look at your gear to see where you're with everything. Is that the setup you were playing with or was it something you were trying out and just left it as is?

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
I'm currently lvl 60 and having a blast with this build already. I have yet to get Deadeye but already I'm cruising through the content. Managed to find a Quill Rain and Tabula early on so that has helped a lot XD

I will let you know how things progress in the end game!!
"
evagast wrote:
I'm currently lvl 60 and having a blast with this build already. I have yet to get Deadeye but already I'm cruising through the content. Managed to find a Quill Rain and Tabula early on so that has helped a lot XD

I will let you know how things progress in the end game!!
Awesome evagast!

I'm glad you're enjoying it! I can't wait to try it on console tonight once 3.9 is launched in a couple of hours!

What awesome drops you got! I'm sure they made a great difference!

Thanks for the kind post! I'm looking forward to your update.

Annnnnd

Hey Wrecker!

I really loved your necro build last league so I wanted to give this one a try.

So far it's been nice, though with some rough spots. The ballistas (just got the 4th) are usually enough to clear anything, though for speed I've added a Split Arrow + Volley Support + Pierce Support link to help deal with crowds. It's fun seeing the absurd number of arrows you fire at once. Things get much better once you make it to the southeast part of the tree and start picking damage increases, until then you are resilient but lack damage.

I'm curious though, what's the point of linking Cast when Damage Taken with Summon Ice Golem and Blood Rage? It feels dangerous to link having taken a big hit with a life degen, and the golem you'd want up all the time anyway...

Enjoying myself in any case, thanks for your effort with all your guides!
"
"
KaiEbel wrote:
"

KaiEbel, if you're up for it, I'd love some edifying feedback. What level were you when you moved on (if you did) and which ascendancy nodes you chose.

Thank you both. I appreciate it.

I'm lvl 72 right now, changed to Ballista totems at 65. 5k dps per totem.

I don't even survive cruel lab long enough, so I'm just one point short to ranger ascendancy.

I'm probably quitting PoE, because it doesn't make any sense to continue, if I keep getting one hitted, can't gain xp, can't find currency and buy me stuff. I don't find any good bows, my current bow is just a tiny bit better than a bow around lvl 40, it's not your fault, maybe it's just got nerfed too hard.
Hey KaiEbel,

By no means play if it isn't fun. But league starts are the hardest for any player. Sometimes the "drops" are just against us. Have you checked out the gear I have in the guide's links? They might help in what to do with your spare sockets once you have the gear. I took a look at your gear to see where you're with everything. Is that the setup you were playing with or was it something you were trying out and just left it as is?

Hey! Thanks for your service.

It is by far the hardest league start I've ever had, that's why I might be discouraged.

I started with Arc totems, freezing pulse totems, fire totems, tornado shot, splitshot, frostblades and really had never any problems like now.

I can understand that the rngesus can be to our disadvantage but not able to properly play the game is another thing and I guess you can understand it too!

My gear and my stuff is now as it is, because I deal more damage with using the skill by myself rather than with the ballista totems and still, I feel I can't do anything and just leech and hoping hitting lvl 90 and grab stuff. And this isn't the way I wanna play the game. I use groups to get faster xp but want to play for myself most of the time.

Your builds are well written, that's why I wanted to try something different. Sadly it didn't work out yet.

regards and thanks for your time
Hi there!
Enjoying the build at level 44 right now. Got all the gem combos in now.

I'm wondering:
1. Is Bow attack speed really affecting how fast my Ballistas shoot? Because it's technically not my bow anymore that does the shooting.
2. So, Blasphemy Support + Assassin's Mark curse enemies near to me. Nice. But I am also supposed to run around and avoid enemies' hits, am I not? So if I do take care of myself and evade manually, the curse is often not applied anymore, since the range is pretty low. How is that supposed to work?

Apart from that, to be read with a giggle:
I am quite sceptic that so little things are required in this build ;). I played Fiver's Frostblade Ranger before, and EVERYTHING was taken care of by him. The flasks, the Jewels in the Skill Tree, the Anointments... And these things are not mentioned here.
Why is that? Was the Frostblades Ranger inferior and thus needed all these things, and the Deaditor is soooooo much stronger that e.g. Jewels are not needed?

EDIT: I also noticed: The life leech from Blood Rage doesn't work with the Totems. Only if I shoot myself, I get the life leech. The build description didn't really sound like that, since you said more like "it's a 1 button build, you just have to place the totems, and they do everything for you". Do I misunderstand sth here?
Last edited by Aeris85 on Dec 17, 2019, 1:11:04 PM
"
How's level 77 treating you? The build is starting to do a lot better for me so I'm pretty stoked to get to the Atlas. I'm two or three nodes away from the 4th totem which will make a huge difference!

I'm glad you've found a weapon that's been able to carry you this far! I found a rare that had 51% to elemental damage. So that was nice until I found a 4 link that matched what I needed. So that was that.

Thanks for your encouragement and your update :).

It's going okay. My ballistas absolutely shred trash but to be fair I'm only in T2 maps. Metamorphs generally consist of me running around like a headless chicken - the ballistas don't seem to do a whole lot of damage to those (or bosses in general) and I'm guessing that at least some of that is due to bosses being buffed.

But trash packs? My ballistas 1- or 2-shot a lot of them yet. There's something oddly satisfying about seeing a huge pack in a room, plopping down a ballista, and seeing everything die before your second ballista is even able to fire a shot off.

Any tips for melting bosses/metamorphs faster?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info