3.9| Stress-Free PoE - TRIGGER HAPPY |SSF the Atlas w/ 1 Button & Any Gear|Dungeon Crawl PoE!

I've made it to 77 so far with this build and I did a couple things. I kept pride in a socket in a weapon swap to keep it leveled but didn't bring it to the front till I was in Act 9 with the mana leech node and 20 mana on block. If you keep your weapon updated the damage is more than there. I just picked up 1h white weps and used essences I found. As well anytime I had a 4 link str/dex gear drop I'd pick it up so long as the base was better and use an alch orb. Keeping everything on a min 4 link helped a lot.

Also I used The Anvil as a neck since it dropped early and bought a Thousand Teeth Temu for 1 alch as early as I could which helped a bunch with leveling. I've swapped out the Anvil as I've needed more resists but I'll go back to it as I get my gear up.
Last edited by ZenJelly on Dec 20, 2019, 7:21:52 PM
This build is the first one I have ever played that got me a deathless act10 kitava kill
I actually just picked PoE back up because of your guides, Wrecker. I'd played around with it years ago when it first came out, I pretty much beat A3 and started the next difficulty level and gave it up. I started with your RF build for the last couple weeks of Blight/3.8 as I got back into it, and really enjoyed that build. Figured I'd do this one for 3.9 and its been a bit up and down so far (not having great resists is roughing me up a bit) but it's solid so far and as I improve my gear, I think that will smooth out.

Anyways, this is a super cool thing that you, putting together these guides for a very particular sort of playstyle, and that's really awesome and commendable. Thank you!
"
Royella wrote:
"
"
Royella wrote:
Thanks for the guide...this will be my league start ssf. Good luck all!
Awesome Royella!

Your welcome and good luck as well!

Thanks! I hit level 20 this morning before work. I play Xbox ssf standard. I like to keep a log of gear progression, it's fun to look back at how your toon grows. Here is my gear so far:
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

*whistle*

I'm pretty new back to PoE, but am I missing something? Playing Metamorph league, I'm at level 43 and have found 4 unique items, none of which were really useful for me at all. Your gear is better than mine, at level 20. Is there some sort of particularly effective way to farm for decent lowbie gear?
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Thank you for a lovely build!
Any advice how I can improve damage?
I've been playing this build in SC SSF and have had a lot of fun. A few of my recommendations to those starting out:

- Add in Leap Slam for mobility if you like that style. I think removing culling strike or Tempest Shield if you don't have any other spots and/or if you have high enough block already
- Avoid the Vaal Pact node if you are doing Lab Trials or the Labrynth. Having no regen really sucks for those. I haven't found Vaal Pact necessary in my build yet but that could change later.
- There are some metamorphs which do a lot of chaos damage (not sure really what goes on but my health drops a lot sometimes). I've found having chaos flask or remove poison flask is helpful to substitute in right before the fight.
- This build is amazing for mobs who come at you and attack. It can be a bit frustrating to kill tanky mobs who don't really attack (e.g. they summon stuff or run around). Sometimes best just to leave them and move on to kill other mobs quickly :)
- I'm still not clear if I should use gear with any Evasion because I'm concerned that means I won't block. If anyone knows the answer let me know. I have Thousand Teeth Temu but I'm not using it for that reason.
- Finally I found the belly during a metamporh battle after killing Tolman in Act 8. Haven't had much luck yet with any chase uniques otherwise but here's hoping :)

Cheers!

Hey Everyone! My friend Tagz and I have started a new podcast called Forever Exiled - A Path of Exile Podcast! (The term "friend" is a bit generous though. I don't really like him honestly. I'd rather be friends with anyone else...but his parents pay me a lot of money to befriend him. Plus, he bought me some Celestial Cat Socks from ExileCon which means I'm now bound to him until the next ExileCon. (May it be soon so that I may be free of this wretched bond.)) ;-)

Seriously though, we talk all things Path of Exile. One normal PoE player (though he's way better than me at PoE which is another reason I don't like him) talking to another normal player about PoE.

If you're interested, you can subscribe from our website https://foreverexiled.com/ with any medium

OR

Follow us on Twitter @ForeverExiled82 where we'll post our newest episodes when they're ready.

Sorry for the "self-promo" but if you listen, we'd love your feedback.

Thanks!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Dec 22, 2019, 2:21:11 PM
Well, I loosely followed your build, and got to lvl 89.5.

It's not bad! I replaced main skill with lacerate, with focus on bleeding. It's wrecking through the content quite safely.

Everyone's welcome to look at my char - Anhedonian
"
Seraphgrim wrote:

*whistle*

I'm pretty new back to PoE, but am I missing something? Playing Metamorph league, I'm at level 43 and have found 4 unique items, none of which were really useful for me at all. Your gear is better than mine, at level 20. Is there some sort of particularly effective way to farm for decent lowbie gear?

I farmed all that gear with a previous character and had it sitting in my stash. Good luck on the grind! Hope you find some good stuff.
Ok, hit level 61 SSF and just killed Milagro. Still progressing very smoothly, I'm taking it slow and enjoying the ride, clearing all levels and doing the metamorphs. I also ventured into the mine a bit at the end of the night last night to play around.

The build just wrecks standard mobs without even bothering to think about anything. Just click Bladestorm and leap slam to next mob, pick up goodies, rinse / repeat.

A couple notes. I gave up on Tempest shield to add Reckoning to go with Vengeance. Seems better and I really notice the counter-attacks flaring up all the time.

I heartily endorse Leap Slam to jump into the very middle of packs. You want to be surrounded and being able to get out should you get a strong boss is equally important. I just maximizes your Bladestorm and speeds up getting around. Also very underrated to be able to leap across small gaps, especially in the lab.

I did the first lab and I'm getting ready to do the cruel lab soon to get the Ascendancy to block spell damage.

I'm still using Double Strike (Vaal) as my boss killer as I think it's better than adding Riposte at this point. It just shreds them at this point, even with a crappy rare sword I used an essence on. I still don't have a 5-link or six-link yet. I have a six socket armor that I'm running a Stone Golem on for life regen (mainly for labs). Hopefully I'll find something soon. I gave it about a dozen tries to six-link it but was unsuccessful and decided to save my links for a higher end armor.

I died a few times to some high Chaos damage bosses before I got a decent flask to combat that. So far it's still passing the fun test and using the Vaal double strike on bosses while using Bladestorm to clean up the masses and whittle down bosses is working like a charm.

The character still passes the fun test and it's great to play Melee and feel tanky for once, especially after running a Necromancer glass cannon in Blight.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info