3.9| Stress-Free PoE - TRIGGER HAPPY |SSF the Atlas w/ 1 Button & Any Gear|Dungeon Crawl PoE!

"
Hermetus2K wrote:
Thank you Wrecker. You have done an amazing job.

I am fairly new to the game but this build reminds me of D3's Thorny Crusader. So I simply had to play it.

The start was a bit rough, but once you have access to all the gems and make your way through the tree it really starts to shine.

Fortunately I found a few decent rares / uniques that seem to support the playstyle very well. Also thanks to XxD33P DiShxX and Quicksilver112 for their suggestions.

The only issue - I don't want to call it a problem - is that boss fights take a while. Will that improve once I have run the final labyrinth? So far I was unlucky and am still missing the last trial. What would be a good lab enchant?

I am looking at expanding the tree towards Sentinel and the elemental resist / block nodes above it. That could potentially free up crafted mods so I can add chaos resist or more life.

Keep up the good work.
Hey Hermetus2K!

Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it. I loved that Thorny build in D3. It was tons of fun. I love it in any game when defence is offensive.

Levelling is always slow for a first playthrough in PoE. One thing about Attacks in PoE is that they are VERY dependant on your weapon mods. So your weapon should have a mod with flat physical damage along with a % increased to physical damage. The bigger the Physical Damage number at the top of your weapon, the stronger. I mean, that sounds obvious but it's good to point out cause there's tons to the game...but I mean, your weapon is better than mine soooo...;). But yes, the ascendancy you're missing is a really big deal for damage. It'd be a BIG difference.

Thanks for the post. I'm glad you're having fun.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Thrippy wrote:
Spoiler
Just my post-weekend update. Still moving forward at level 87 after a lot of mining this weekend and some mapping. I'm at 7 watchstones and I have Drox influencing a map region and ready to spawn after 1 more map.

Highlights, thoughts and questions.

1. Found my first elder-influenced item in a map. I'm not sure how I can get Elder to spawn, I'm guessing it will happen in higher-tiered maps. I'm currently running T7-T8 area (I'm SSF and going slow, no rush, so I'm not trying to push higher. I haven't had much problem with T7 yellow (alchemy modded) maps.

2. I've experimented with adding map fragments and Vaal orbs on maps to up the quantity and I like it. Lots of good currency and stuff dropping and bigger packs. No issues yet. Got my first 8 mod map this way and had another bump up a tier. Cool.

3. Found my first Divine Vessel! Which boss should I go after? I use recommended Pantheon skills unless I'm running a lab. Which give the most bang for the buck? I'm thinking Ancient Architect, but would love any recommendations.

4. Mining: I finally got into some hidden nodes and can see that this mode is definitely nice and I like it. I've raised my darkness resistance and light radius and other mods for flares and I've begun finding fossils and resonators and have some juicy looking nodes hovering between 35 and 50. I'll be doing more delving this week.

5. I upgraded a ring and gloves to better items and I ran a merciless lab to get a glove enchantment. I got Decree of Thunder, which seems a bit underwhelming. I may have to try again.

6. New ring: I didn't get any life on this ring, but I needed lightning resist and it had physical damage mod and I went with %damage increase craft instead of life to boost my dps.

Unavailable

7. I also added these gloves and went with attack speed to boost DPS I haven't had as many life issues as I have wanted to speed up boss clearing and these two changes helped a lot:
Unavailable

8. Annoint and new boots: I also found some oils from a metamorph and annointed my amulet with Quickstep to get movement and attack speed as I had to sacrifice movement speed on my most recent boots where I got a nice 100+ life roll.
Unavailable

9. I'm at 11 challenges and I'm banking on hitting level 90 for the 12th or I can do the one that has map mods. I can use a scarab (I found a couple, including one that adds 50% uniques) and a sextant. I haven't experimented with sextants yet, but I plan to now that I'm doing mostly yellow maps.

Thanks again Wrecker. I'm really having a blast with this build. It's so satisfying to leap slam into a huge pack and have most of them kill themselves via my trigger skills and the mop up and leap again. Very fast and easy game play that allows me to focus on using flasks as necessary.

I'm still looking for that 6-linked armor. I found a 6-linked axe that I can use on a different build.

I think it speaks to the value and strength of the build that I can get this far on junk I've found while only using a 5-link armor. Most of my skill gems are level 19, so I'm looking forward to switching over to 20% quality gems soon. I found 9% quality reckoning that I switched into and moved my level 19 to the 2nd weapon set to get to 20.

Anyway, thanks again and happy hunting everyone.
Hey Thrippy! I love the post! It's fun to read what others do. You know what you're doing for sure.

Regarding the Pantheon, I like your choice. Soul of Lunaris is my preference for Major Gods but I don't like any of the other choices within it. So anything works. I'd likely choose Terror of the Infinite Drifts to be immune to poison. I find when I zone out, Poison kills me more than anything.

As mentioned, I like the modifications you've done. It's cool to see it all work and progress! If you like the build enough, it'll take you all the way. Good luck with your challenges!

I appreciate the post. And thanks for your kind compliments. I appreciate your encouragement!

(I only saw one question in there. So if I missed one let me know.)

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jan 22, 2020, 12:21:09 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

So, Wrecker, my current gear. Not the best of gear but all self-found except for the Surrender, which cost a bit. I waited until its cost went down from the beginning 3+ EX. I went with Surrender to give a Level 30 Reckoning. Other than that, pretty much your build. Progressing through the Atlas, pulling up level 3 and 4 Conquerors but haven't done Sirus as yet. High Tier maps (14-16) not really a problem and a good Delver (at least to around 200). But, it seems with this League, the build gets limited by its damage output. Harder, more tanky (life and armor) bosses take a very long time to down. Same with some Metamorphs. Some I just can't down because they actually regen faster than my damage. Some "simple" boss/meta fights have lasted 10-20 minutes. I don't die, but neither do they, lol. Of course, long fights also mean increasing chance to die to a big one-shot that gets through or to the ground effects so prevalent this League and to Chaos damage. Bladestorm just doesn't seem to hit hard enough and if the boss/meta isn't hitting me... I do need to run my 4th Lab and I guess that will help some. I know that your build uses Arena Challenger (all I see that doing is giving me Attack Speed (and Movement)), but what do you think about Blood in the Eyes or Outmatch and Outlast? A 6L Bladestorm would certainly help, so I am shopping for a Chest with 6L and Life. I like the Axe, but can I do better? Any suggestion would be helpful. I like the build and the philosophy and want to use it get to the League endgame encounters. Thanks in advance and for your work in providing this and your other builds. (By the way, I have a Necro this League as well, how does your Necro build fare this League?)
I could only play for about 30 minutes last night so I decided to do a few delve nodes. I had to work my way up to monster level 58 to go around to get to a Harbinger node I want that is level 61 monster level I think. I try to stay above monster level 60 for the chaos recipe for future standard options.

Anyway, I know I'm taking it slow, but that's how I play. I'm working my way around to the node and hit a currency node and *boom*.

The node treasure explosion after killing the monsters dropped one. First one in this league for me, so I'm pretty jazzed. Then I hit the abandoned treasure chest and another one pops out! Whoa! Talk about some luck. I decided to log out at that point as it won't improve from there.
Last edited by Thrippy on Jan 22, 2020, 11:58:11 AM
"
Thrippy wrote:
I could only play for about 30 minutes last night so I decided to do a few delve nodes. I had to work my way up to monster level 58 to go around to get to a Harbinger node I want that is level 61 monster level I think. I try to stay above monster level 60 for the chaos recipe for future standard options.

Anyway, I know I'm taking it slow, but that's how I play. I'm working my way around to the node and hit a currency node and *boom*.

Unavailable

The node treasure explosion after killing the monsters dropped one. First one in this league for me, so I'm pretty jazzed. Then I hit the abandoned treasure chest and another one pops out! Whoa! Talk about some luck. I decided to log out at that point as it won't improve from there.

Very nice, congrats. Always exciting when EX drops!
"
Reactor52 wrote:
Spoiler

So, Wrecker, my current gear. Not the best of gear but all self-found except for the Surrender, which cost a bit. I waited until its cost went down from the beginning 3+ EX. I went with Surrender to give a Level 30 Reckoning. Other than that, pretty much your build. Progressing through the Atlas, pulling up level 3 and 4 Conquerors but haven't done Sirus as yet. High Tier maps (14-16) not really a problem and a good Delver (at least to around 200). But, it seems with this League, the build gets limited by its damage output. Harder, more tanky (life and armor) bosses take a very long time to down. Same with some Metamorphs. Some I just can't down because they actually regen faster than my damage. Some "simple" boss/meta fights have lasted 10-20 minutes. I don't die, but neither do they, lol. Of course, long fights also mean increasing chance to die to a big one-shot that gets through or to the ground effects so prevalent this League and to Chaos damage. Bladestorm just doesn't seem to hit hard enough and if the boss/meta isn't hitting me... I do need to run my 4th Lab and I guess that will help some. I know that your build uses Arena Challenger (all I see that doing is giving me Attack Speed (and Movement)), but what do you think about Blood in the Eyes or Outmatch and Outlast? A 6L Bladestorm would certainly help, so I am shopping for a Chest with 6L and Life. I like the Axe, but can I do better? Any suggestion would be helpful. I like the build and the philosophy and want to use it get to the League endgame encounters. Thanks in advance and for your work in providing this and your other builds. (By the way, I have a Necro this League as well, how does your Necro build fare this League?)
Hey Reactor52!

Thanks for the great feedback! I appreciate the compliments and honesty

Sooooo, your weapon is awesome. I dream of having a weapon like that. And you've modified the build well to accommodate your Unique choices. Good job!

Arena Challenger is insanely strong. The Movement Speed is HUGE for extra survivability while the DPS increase (via Attack Speed) with 10 Challenger Charges crushes the other options available. You'll find a huge DPS increase there. 20/20'ing your gems always helps (but takes time). You can also start looking for "min/max" gear as well: Steel Rings and Spiked Gloves have implicits that'll boost our damage as well. Physical Attacks have the benefit that most gear can added flat physical damage mods to boost our DPS as well.

But first, getting that last ascendancy is huge. I know it can suck to get all the trials, but fully ascending is always a big deal. They are the strongest nodes in the game.

Good luck! I hope that helps. Good luck with shopping for the 6-link!

Regarding the Zombie build, it's doing really well in this league. I have it set up quite defensive and it does great. It's easy to make it more offensive as well. The comments and feedback have been nothing but positive...and they always know best ;). So it's doing well. It's not a typical zombie build per se. So maybe watch the video first and see if the playstyle is to your liking first (if you were considering playing it).

Annnnnd

"
Thrippy wrote:

Unavailable

Ha! That's awesome Thrippy! 30m and two exalts! Retire on top! Way to go!

Annnnnd

I'm thinking about trying this bad boy out next season, it looks fantastic. Buuuut, and I don't know if this has been asked yet, because 18 pages lol, but how does it do on stuff like Blighted maps where you need to protect a spot PLUS be everywhere else, haha, and also Legion encounters where they don't hit you at first but you want to turn as many as you can...?
“There is a beast in man that should be exercised, not exorcised.”
― Anton LaVey
"
"
Reactor52 wrote:
Spoiler

Hey Reactor52!

Sooooo, your weapon is awesome. I dream of having a weapon like that. And you've modified the build well to accommodate your Unique choices. Good job!

Arena Challenger is insanely strong. The Movement Speed is HUGE for extra survivability while the DPS increase (via Attack Speed) with 10 Challenger Charges crushes the other options available. You'll find a huge DPS increase there. 20/20'ing your gems always helps (but takes time). You can also start looking for "min/max" gear as well: Steel Rings and Spiked Gloves have implicits that'll boost our damage as well. Physical Attacks have the benefit that most gear can added flat physical damage mods to boost our DPS as well.

But first, getting that last ascendancy is huge. I know it can suck to get all the trials, but fully ascending is always a big deal. They are the strongest nodes in the game.

Regarding the Zombie build, it's doing really well in this league. I have it set up quite defensive and it does great. It's easy to make it more offensive as well. The comments and feedback have been nothing but positive...and they always know best ;). So it's doing well. It's not a typical zombie build per se. So maybe watch the video first and see if the playstyle is to your liking first (if you were considering playing it).

Thanks feedback and thoughts Wrecker. I did my Uber Lab just a few minutes after posting, lol. Does seem to make a difference. Also, bought several lvl 20 gems with some amount of quality (other peoples corrupted attempts) while I lvl my 1/20's back up.

Lastly, can you explain Close Combat Support. The last line in the gem explanation seems to say it only works in Axes and Swords? Yet, you have it in any 4L, meaning Boots, Gloves or Head? Thanks!
"
Reactor52 wrote:
"
"
Reactor52 wrote:
Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Hey Reactor52!

Thanks feedback and thoughts Wrecker. I did my Uber Lab just a few minutes after posting, lol. Does seem to make a difference. Also, bought several lvl 20 gems with some amount of quality (other peoples corrupted attempts) while I lvl my 1/20's back up.

Lastly, can you explain Close Combat Support. The last line in the gem explanation seems to say it only works in Axes and Swords? Yet, you have it in any 4L, meaning Boots, Gloves or Head? Thanks!

Close Combat just requires you to have an Axe or Sword equipped regardless of what piece of gear you have the gem socketed in.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info