[3.9] HIT AND RUN EXPLOSIVE ARROW RAIDER, ALL CONTENT

"
Obso1337 wrote:
"
Still going for elemental equilibrium.

How do you proc EE ?

Since there is a change with how EA works we will see if EE will still be better but I believe it will since all mobs are getting more resistances.
First, make sure not to have any flat fire damage on your gear or having fire auras.
For most impact you want to use Rain of arrows then EA the RoA again if mobs survived.
Same applies for bosses, ROA>EA>ROA
and ROA needs to be connected with curse on hit and 2 curses since we will be using awakened curse on hit gem
"
semma_car19 wrote:
"
Obso1337 wrote:
"

How do you proc EE ?

Since there is a change with how EA works we will see if EE will still be better but I believe it will since all mobs are getting more resistances.
First, make sure not to have any flat fire damage on your gear or having fire auras.
For most impact you want to use Rain of arrows then EA the RoA again if mobs survived.
and ROA needs to be connected with curse on hit and 2 curses since we will be using awakened curse on hit gem

In your gear and/or in the PoB, I do not see any sources of cold/lightning damage.

That's why I asked how you procc EE.
"
Obso1337 wrote:

In your gear and/or in the PoB, I do not see any sources of cold/lightning damage.

Does Explosive Arrow even do an initial hit to prog EE?
"
Rake7 wrote:
"
Obso1337 wrote:

you don't need to proc it with EA - you proc it with the explosion. so as long as you don't have sources of flat fire damage globally you can just use like a curse on hit lightning arrow or something

in order to proc EE for the ignite damage though you need to hit something with cold or lightning damage after its explosion (which is a hit) and before the burn is done

the explosion will give fire res, then hitting it with something else will reduce fire res for the ignite dmg
"
Obso1337 wrote:
"

How do you proc EE ?

"
xMustard wrote:

you don't need to proc it with EA - you proc it with the explosion. so as long as you don't have sources of flat fire damage globally you can just use like a curse on hit lightning arrow or something

in order to proc EE for the ignite damage though you need to hit something with cold or lightning damage after its explosion (which is a hit) and before the burn is done

the explosion will give fire res, then hitting it with something else will reduce fire res for the ignite dmg

hm, as long as there is no "automation" to proc EE, i just don't like it. Everything you have to do manually costs time and thus damage. And you have to focus more in tougher fights. i don't like that either :D
Last edited by Rake7 on Dec 13, 2019, 8:30:30 AM
You can use any cold or light base skill like light arrow or ice shot.
Or you can just have flat light and cold on some piece of gear and you will proc EE
Would you recommend leveling with Caustic Arrow or Toxic Rain.

Or do you think EA is a viable leveling skill from the get go
"
shaunlwongzzz wrote:
Would you recommend leveling with Caustic Arrow or Toxic Rain.

Or do you think EA is a viable leveling skill from the get go

I previous leagues I leveled with caustic arrow, I think caustic arrow is now even better but I think that EA will now also be viable for leveling for sure, so it is up to you, I think both will work
"
Rake7 wrote:
"
Obso1337 wrote:

For everyone asking about EE, just to add some clarification about how to incorporate it with this build;

You must have a source of either 'Added cold damage to attacks' or 'Added lightning damage to attacks'
Must not have any 'Added fire damage to attacks' or 'Added fire damage'
Use RoA first to apply EE and your CoH setup -> Use Explosive Arrow to apply fuses and wait for explosion -> Use RoA again to reapply EE/CoH for ignite damage.
Rinse & repeat.

Possible alternative (Dependent on timing of Ballista);
Shrapnel Ballista-Curse on Hit-Elemental Weakness-Flammability
Last edited by Panacea06 on Dec 13, 2019, 9:42:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info