[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

So I'm trying to figure out what next steps to take. I think a 6 link PoH is the way to go, so I'm saving for that, but wondering if there is anything else I should do before that?

PoB Link: https://pastebin.com/0VJKRNQ5

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Champion Bladestorm Super Tank - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2785401
"
GonzoHarratec wrote:
So I'm trying to figure out what next steps to take. I think a 6 link PoH is the way to go, so I'm saving for that, but wondering if there is anything else I should do before that?

PoB Link: https://pastebin.com/0VJKRNQ5

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Change your flasks. Flasks are a super overpowered tool on poe. Check the recommendations in the guide.

Remove the frozen trail jewel. Ice nova only affects 2 frostbolts, no matter how many we have. Projectile damage doesnt matter for us, because we do damage with our ice novas, not our frostbolts. And the movementspeed actually reduces our dps on bosses, since your projectiles fly by the boss before they fired all their load.
"
yuriorlovs wrote:
"
Arcinde wrote:
Hi everyone, sorry I've neglected to check on this thread. Although I see we have a lot of veteran players answering questions here which is great.

I just updated the slides with a bunch of info about Ice Nova supports in 3.9, including relative DPS of Awakened supports and setups for ailment immune setups.

I was pretty surprised (and annoyed) to find that the 100% ailment avoidance map mod also excludes chilled ground so there is literally no way to chill enemies in such maps. For this reason I now recommend using Cold Penetration Support instead of Hypothermia. You can find more elaborate gem swap setups in the slides. (You still lose damage in these maps but not as much. BTW, don't bother casting Cold Snap in these maps, it literall)

I've been thinking more about this build and I want to try a setup with Farrul's Fur and boots with Tailwind on Crit. This setup will have more DPS and speed but slightly less defenses. The Tailwind mod is so insanely broken that I have to try to incorporate it.

So Inspiration Support is out?

Yeah, I no longer recommend Inspiration. I originally thought Inspiration would be good but later I accounted for not always being at 5 inspiration charges. It ends up slightly weaker than alternatives. (Its quality stat being useless doesn't help.)

Inspiration has a slight defensive benefit since your mana costs get cut by almost half. Let's say you get cut to half mana by taking hits, if you keep casting spells, Inspiration reducing your mana costs helps you regen mana faster. May be worth considering if you're facing a tough boss where you run out of mana flask charges.
Last edited by Arcinde on Dec 24, 2019, 10:31:43 AM
Hey guys. Just leveling up with this build. But I'm poor and noob so I will not be able to buy 6l Pledge for a while. Will I be able to do higher tier maps with only 5l and which gem should I skip then? Controlled Destruction?
"
mDrama wrote:
Hey guys. Just leveling up with this build. But I'm poor and noob so I will not be able to buy 6l Pledge for a while. Will I be able to do higher tier maps with only 5l and which gem should I skip then? Controlled Destruction?

I've been running up to tier 12 so far with no problems using a 5 link. I'm running

ICE NOVA - SPELL ECHO - INTESIFY - HYPOTHERMIA - CONC EFFECT

I'm still working on the atlas, but also delves have been a breeze.
Champion Bladestorm Super Tank - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2785401
Alright, thanks. And another stupid question. Why do we use Controlled Destruction to begin with? I mean, we stack crit chance and crit multipliers and then use a gem that doesn't let our Ice Nova crit.
I got a nice life gained on hit ring which was enough to make me switch out of soul tether:

All Gear

Liking it so far, although recently a Metamorph boss instagibbed me 3 times in a row:(

"
mDrama wrote:
Alright, thanks. And another stupid question. Why do we use Controlled Destruction to begin with? I mean, we stack crit chance and crit multipliers and then use a gem that doesn't let our Ice Nova crit.

A lot of crit builds use cd because it doesn't reduce the crit chance enough to make a difference, it's still a net positive.
Got Ritual of steelness (4% cold pen) and Thaumaturgical Aptitude from Glorious vanity of Xibaqua. Am i need to roll Doryani or its good?

P.S. Avatar of fire was replaced by Divine Flesh. Is it good or bad?
Last edited by ImikleI on Dec 24, 2019, 1:41:00 PM
If you ditch Skyforth for the Tailwind boots, how do you deal with stuns?
Thanks for this build, absolutely loving it this league.

A few questions though, whats the recommended 6 link for ice nova with awakened gems?

And those of you that killed Sirus have you made any changes for the fight?

Haven't tried the fight in a while but first attempts went horrible:)

Is it still worth going for Glorious Vanity Timeless Jewel?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info