[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

It seem to be a very nice build. Have anyone tried this in HC?
I play this on hc. I made a few changes for the survival in the build, while having more than a decent DPS, especially considering my still 5l Pledge.
I have 70% attack block, 62% spell block, 46% spell dodge, 16% attack dodge and 27% chance to evade, immune to chill and freeze and perma onslaught. My health still not very high (4200) but with 1500 es and 4000 mana this is enough for now.
The changes that I made are not cheap, but they allow you to combine many protective mechanics. So, this jewel Lethal Pride, doubling the chance of blocks, and accordingly, Blue Nightmare to achieve a larger spell block. These are shoes Omeyocan from guide for delve, but I found them unexpectedly cool and for everything else.
I swapped shaper ring with assassin's mark to Dream Fragment, which gives us a good manapool and regen and freeze immune. In return of this i made setup frostbolt with curse on hit with assassin's mark.
I still have a lot of improvements in the build, such as more hp and chaos res at tree and gear, anoint Heart of Ice to my Pandemonium, 6l Pledge, Aspect of the Cat (still be very good without Farruls), and everything else.
I crashed three times under Legion commanders and twice under Betrayals at t10+ maps, and still alive.
I will be glad to hear suggestions and objections for my interpretation of the build, and sorry for my English, this is Google translator xD
Last edited by Sviper on Dec 24, 2019, 11:54:22 PM
You don't have your tree set up right.

Using the GV jewel requires us to add each value from the nodes to the raw jewel in POB. You did that. But you also didn't take them off the tree outside of 3 nodes (and the travel nodes) as you have 100/100 points taken and used.

At the very least you're using 101 points as you didn't deduct one for the CI node which you have to take to get:

50% of Non-Chaos Damage taken bypasses Energy Shield
Gain 20% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield

I don't know exactly how many nodes you took, but it's more than you have listed.

Also, you should keep rolling. My jewel fell into 1332 and the notables are damn fine. If people want something to aim for. Below are stats using 7 points:

-40 to Intelligence
-30 to Dexterity
60% increased Cold Damage
35% increased Spell Damage
50% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
13% increased Critical Strike Chance
6% increased Maximum Energy Shield
15% increased Chaos Damage
12% increased Projectile Speed
+12% to Cold Resistance
28% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
1% chance to Dodge Attack Hits
Damage Penetrates 2% Cold Resistance
50% of Non-Chaos Damage taken bypasses Energy Shield
Gain 20% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield
Deliver pain exquisite
"
GonzoHarratec wrote:
"
mDrama wrote:
Hey guys. Just leveling up with this build. But I'm poor and noob so I will not be able to buy 6l Pledge for a while. Will I be able to do higher tier maps with only 5l and which gem should I skip then? Controlled Destruction?

I've been running up to tier 12 so far with no problems using a 5 link. I'm running

ICE NOVA - SPELL ECHO - INTESIFY - HYPOTHERMIA - CONC EFFECT

I'm still working on the atlas, but also delves have been a breeze.

Why do you still need Spell Echo if you socket it in Pledge 5L?
"
yuriorlovs wrote:
"
GonzoHarratec wrote:
"
mDrama wrote:
Hey guys. Just leveling up with this build. But I'm poor and noob so I will not be able to buy 6l Pledge for a while. Will I be able to do higher tier maps with only 5l and which gem should I skip then? Controlled Destruction?

I've been running up to tier 12 so far with no problems using a 5 link. I'm running

ICE NOVA - SPELL ECHO - INTESIFY - HYPOTHERMIA - CONC EFFECT

I'm still working on the atlas, but also delves have been a breeze.

Why do you still need Spell Echo if you socket it in Pledge 5L?

Yes.
Realy great build! :) But i have some qustions, cause i feel low in damage on bosses, or maybe i make something wrong?! I dont like dying at level 93, cause it make leveling realy a hard time :(

how do you play against bosses like metamorphoses? i cant cast ice nova on them directly, cause they follow me... how do you handle that?

which pantheons do you use?

can someone watch my items and check, if i did something really bad?

I try now a dread banner gem :D
Having some hard time against metamorphs and some bosses. Feeling like damage isn't really there sometimes.
Just having an 5l pledge atm.

Is a 6l a big damage boost? Or should I get the unique amulet first?
[discontinued] Dyadus Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1886525
[discontinued] Flame Surge Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1892524
Life is ethical
Life is Life.
Life is nonMETA.
"
cr4ck4r wrote:
Having some hard time against metamorphs and some bosses. Feeling like damage isn't really there sometimes.
Just having an 5l pledge atm.

Is a 6l a big damage boost? Or should I get the unique amulet first?

The 6L is a very big upgrade, yes.
Last edited by Moethelion on Dec 25, 2019, 5:17:08 AM
edit nvm
Last edited by cbate on Dec 25, 2019, 6:39:18 AM
"
cbate wrote:
How many if you have divined the glorious vanity to get 20% life as more es or 50% bypass shield and how many divines did it take because im deep on the divines and haven't found 1 of those rolls let alone 2

There are three possible suffix name rolls on that jewel: Xibaqua, Doryani or Zerphi. Using divine orbs the jewel will change between these. Each one determines what properties the keystone within its radius will get. This build's recommendation is to choose the CI keystone in the top-right of the tree. Please note that you have to actually ALLOCATE this keystone to get the benefit.

Doryani is the suffix name we want, because it transforms the CI node into Corrupted Soul, giving us the 20% extra ES and the 50% shield dmg passthrough.

However, we are ALSO changing the seed number every time we use a divine orb - so it could be quite costly to get the notables and regular nodes transformations that are beneficial to this build. Each version of Glorious Vanity with the Doryani suffix name will be different - so the question is how many divines you will spend in the process of chasing the optimal jewel...?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info