[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

I suggest not doing that for a starter league.

It's, apparently, still good for maps and endgame content, but it's utter failure when it comes to league mechanic.
Most of the ultimatums, apparently will go this way:

1) You try to stay on place
2) You get ganked on by several rare monsters and die.
3) You get your face full of range attacks, with same results.

If you want to do ultimatums, think seriously about taking another build.
"
Alfa100f wrote:

It's, apparently, still good for maps and endgame content, but it's utter failure when it comes to league mechanic.

It's definitely not the best playstyle for this league mechanic. For any stand still build it will be a struggle. However, in my opinion, and I never played a build like this before, it gets much better once you get good at Frostbolt/Ice Nova rotation, learn to dash around and follow your frostbolts unleashing novas on them.

One more issue you personally have is serious lack of damage. Your staff is absolute trash and provides no stats for a spell build. I use a cheap staff and I'm melting content, including Ultimatums. You can do the same.
Question regarding spell life leech.
If I wanna go for Conviction of Power instead of Illuminated Devotion, what options for spell life leech do I have? Are there any item mods/cluster jewels or anything that I can get some leech from?
Thx
"
siemepp wrote:
If I wanna go for Conviction of Power instead of Illuminated Devotion, what options for spell life leech do I have? Are there any item mods/cluster jewels or anything that I can get some leech from?
Thx

For life leech you could either get cold leech from amulet (redeemer mod) or generic dmg leech from vitality watcher (no cold leech from hatred, sadly).

"
NemoRSRB wrote:
"
Alfa100f wrote:

It's definitely not the best playstyle for this league mechanic. For any stand still build it will be a struggle. However, in my opinion, and I never played a build like this before, it gets much better once you get good at Frostbolt/Ice Nova rotation, learn to dash around and follow your frostbolts unleashing novas on them.

One more issue you personally have is serious lack of damage. Your staff is absolute trash and provides no stats for a spell build. I use a cheap staff and I'm melting content, including Ultimatums. You can do the same.

I didn't take it far yet with this league, but from my experience with ice nova builds, it should be fine with ultimatums. For one, you can be very mobile for generic content. Especially once you get pledge of hands. One, two casts tops and everything on the screen dies. You also freeze everything most of the time. To top it off, vaal ice nova is a great panic button. You should be safer than zoom-zoomers zooming around, even if you have to stop for a cast every now and then.

The only time you really stand still is when you want to nuke something from the orbit (hello Sirus) or during spawning as many novas as possible while the boss is talking to himself.
"
Riviar90 wrote:
"
siemepp wrote:
Thx

For life leech you could either get cold leech from amulet (redeemer mod) or generic dmg leech from vitality watcher (no cold leech from hatred, sadly).

"
NemoRSRB wrote:
"
Alfa100f wrote:

I didn't take it far yet with this league, but from my experience with ice nova builds, it should be fine with ultimatums. For one, you can be very mobile for generic content. Especially once you get pledge of hands. One, two casts tops and everything on the screen dies. You also freeze everything most of the time. To top it off, vaal ice nova is a great panic button. You should be safer than zoom-zoomers zooming around, even if you have to stop for a cast every now and then.

The only time you really stand still is when you want to nuke something from the orbit (hello Sirus) or during spawning as many novas as possible while the boss is talking to himself.

Thanks for chiming in! For me the most "dangerous" part is when I have to cast Frostbolt. I'm still learning to point my mouse in the right direction, especially when I'm swarmed by rares in an Ultimatum :) You actually reminded me to get a Vaal Ice Nova!
Hey, I have a question... I see everyone using Frost Bomb, but what about Hydrosphere instead? Now that Frost Bomb has been nerfed and it only applies -15% cold res isn't Hydrosphere more viable?
"
Alfa100f wrote:

I am getting destroyed in ultimatum. I win only 2 ou of 10 times.
Currently 81. No pledge of hand yet (3ex...).

Gear :
Spoiler
"
Pandaroux wrote:
"
Alfa100f wrote:

I am getting destroyed in ultimatum. I win only 2 ou of 10 times.
Currently 81. No pledge of hand yet (3ex...).

Gear :
Spoiler

In Ultimatum you have to be really good at positioning with this build. Movement and precise spell casting is very important. I had problems with Ultimatum when I just swapped (early) to FB/IN. But as soon as I learned to properly position myself and cast spells in a very fluid motion everything changed. It felt clunky but now it feels great. I destroy every Ultimatum.
All I'm trying to say is this build is amazing for all content, it's the hands that control it that matters :)
"
NemoRSRB wrote:

All I'm trying to say is this build is amazing for all content, it's the hands that control it that matters :)

I destroyed them in the acts too.
I'm having trouble in maps. I should have made that clearer.

But yes, it's not a braindead build, you actually have to play.

In ultimatum, one mistake (casting frostbolt for example) can be fatal.
Last edited by Pandaroux on Apr 19, 2021, 2:14:01 PM
today was jewel upgrade day.

still doing well with league mechanics. movement is key. standing still is death.

end of day 4:

acquired need to link and color obviously

got a glorious vanity, blizzard caller/prismatic heart 8 passive large cluster, and the 2 medium clusters from the guide

obviously this build farms pretty well.

level 88 but progress about to slow down, back to work in the morning.

cheers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info