[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

Thank you Arcinde for your wonderful guide. Before 3.13 launched I was searching for a single build to start and remain exclusive with through the entire league - and I'm so glad I found this one!

I was impressed with how smooth the progression was on this character. From league start to the very end, the power and survivability always felt good, while at the same time you also feel a jump in power with every new upgrade. Each piece of gear always served some significant purpose while also not feeling like the character was dysfunctional without it. And when you get to the very end game with tons of currency, the final few upgrades push it way past the top end of what you need to conquer the game, and the final build feels totally at ease farming simulacrums and juiced delirium maps. Especially with a GG blizzard crown! The final upgrade would have been a replica farrul's fur, which feels achievable with the currency generation this build has, though I felt that final upgrade was unnecessary to complete most of the game's content.

A huge advantage of this guide and character is that Arcinde uses all of the mechanics available in the game to build into your character - I learned about anointing, cluster jewel crafting, awakened gems, influenced exalt slamming, and especially got a good view of how to craft different mods that synergize around your core theme. Additionally, having a powerful character like this allowed me to tour all of the content of POE with ease - I feel like I "beat" the game, which is weird to say for POE!

For a time I also tried implementing a double-curse on this character, but I realized I was giving up too many benefits from the other mechanics to make it justifiable because this guide was so thorough in putting together an optimal set of gear and skills/mods.

The hardest fights are the bosses with high cold resist and who move around a lot. The hardest map mods are related to no life/mana regen and also burning ground because you have to stop moving to unleash full damage. You need to be more than a little careful with where you stand with this character, and it was very engaging gameplay. Additionally I had plenty of unused sockets, and did feel the need to add in all of the recommended gems, though I'm sure I would be surprised with the quality of life improvements they provide.

This was my first build to beat Sirus and Simulacrum, and gave me enough currency flow to try crafting for profit - with amazing results. I feel like when you figure out crafting, now you're playing the "game within the game". It's incredibly fun and rewarding to find opportunities within the market and try to turn a profit.

My crowning achievement would be the self-crafted helm I'm using - at the time of writing, I would value this helm at around 40ex in the current marketplace. It's the second one of it's type that I made this season, and I sold the first one for 20ex. This is ridiculous profit to me, as someone who was leaning on the chaos recipe so much before this league. Now that I know how to make profit, I will not be using the chaos recipe very much in the future.

Overall, A+ guide and highly recommended build for new players to learn what is possible with the game. Thanks again!

One other thought - has anyone tried replacing Bottled Faith with Dying Sun? Two more projectiles would be a straight multiplier of 7/5 = 1.4 to damage which I think sounds reasonable given how large the overlapping AoE is. Maybe there is additional utility in Bottled Faith that I'm missing...
A Dying Sun would give you two more Frostbolts, not two more Ice Novas, so it's quite useless.
Oh I see, I didn't realize there was a cap on the # of Frost Bolts the Novas emerge from. Thanks for clarifying, Bottled Faith looks to be the last flask then.
Build looks cool but quite a bait again a pob warrior numbers all over the place with EVERY buff check at all time... why people cant be reasonable !

At least if you wanna show big dick just give a fork of numbers, like reasonable numbers with not everything 100% up and ok max potential damage while mapping, but on sirus for exemple you'll never have everything up as you cant expect to charve vaal rf for exemple, which is totaly a bait because people see wow 30m+ dps yeah i can pretty much insta anything in a sec like that, but when you go in game fuck you bearely got a third of that damage realisticly

Same for ehp and so, people really need to stop clic bait even if its by "mistake" we are gonna say
"
Ild_Heim wrote:
Build looks cool but quite a bait again a pob warrior numbers all over the place with EVERY buff check at all time... why people cant be reasonable !

At least if you wanna show big dick just give a fork of numbers, like reasonable numbers with not everything 100% up and ok max potential damage while mapping, but on sirus for exemple you'll never have everything up as you cant expect to charve vaal rf for exemple, which is totaly a bait because people see wow 30m+ dps yeah i can pretty much insta anything in a sec like that, but when you go in game fuck you bearely got a third of that damage realisticly

Same for ehp and so, people really need to stop clic bait even if its by "mistake" we are gonna say

What exactly is pob warrior about arcinde's build?
It's honestly one of the least warrior-y builds out there and is pretty upfront about situational damage. You shouldn't care about clear DPS since the build has more than enough to one shot all packs outside of t19 100% maps and deep delve. For single target, it's fair to have basically all conditions checked except for vaal skills.
I would like to thank you for the build. This is my second full league (the previous one was Delirium) and I made massive progress. Without any problems I was progressing thru the game, ending up with 40/40, all end game content done with ease. Thanks to your detailed guide, I learned how to craft stuff, I event crafted end game helmet. I still could improve few items (like my boots, which I looted while levelling on mid-tier maps or opal ring - didn't finish crafting), but even without upgrades, I could kill game bosses including Maven.

Last edited by Y4rR0 on Mar 28, 2021, 8:21:39 AM
Words can't desribe what a gift this guide was to me.First time since i delved so hard into crafting.This build destroyes bosses and fully juiced up delirium maps like it's nothing.All i've left to do is to craft another stygian belt+jewel for boss killing with even more dps(i had that belt crafted long before i got HH and still needed resistances).In regards of my POB i only checked conditions that proc with my skills or with my flasks(no vaal skills)which i think it's fair.It's sitting at 20,1M POB dps,but from what i've read in the guide i'm supposed to multiply that with 3.6.I'm assuming this is done to take account for the greater spell echo of the staff although i'm not 100% sure.Please feel free to review my POB and give me your thoughts.Especially if i unintentionally fluffed my dps through a weird configuration lol.
My PoB https://pastebin.com/rHV47NRn

Found these looking for a good pair of boots and wondered if they would be a good substitute for replica Farrul as far as endurance charges go. Obviously not as good for bossing

Last edited by Yunivercity on Apr 9, 2021, 12:40:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info