[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

"
DogKind wrote:
"
why is op using armor based low level base items in his poebin build? also some weird modifiers like +1 to socketed minion gems. am i missing something?

Its most likely just what was on the helmet when he bought them, you cant expect to get items with the most optimal prefix/suffix's. Honestly its probably the same scenario for the armour bases, its just what he could afford and fit into the build at the time.
For example my tailwind boots fit my build perfectly at the moment but they just happen to be armour base, I mean I would like it for them to have ES hell make them two-toned for the sweet resistance implicit but when I was looking for tailwind boots its just what fit my build and budget at that time.

alright fair enough. i have another question tho, what is the appeal of enduring mana flask. i would understand if effects would queue but they don't.
If I dont have watchers eye is zealotry still best in Essence worm or is HOI better?

Im trying to figure out my next uppgrade
Cinderswallow
Pandemonius
Awankend cold?
"
"
DogKind wrote:
"
why is op using armor based low level base items in his poebin build? also some weird modifiers like +1 to socketed minion gems. am i missing something?

Its most likely just what was on the helmet when he bought them, you cant expect to get items with the most optimal prefix/suffix's. Honestly its probably the same scenario for the armour bases, its just what he could afford and fit into the build at the time.
For example my tailwind boots fit my build perfectly at the moment but they just happen to be armour base, I mean I would like it for them to have ES hell make them two-toned for the sweet resistance implicit but when I was looking for tailwind boots its just what fit my build and budget at that time.

alright fair enough. i have another question tho, what is the appeal of enduring mana flask. i would understand if effects would queue but they don't.

Spamable form of mana regen to keep us topped off during casting since mana=life. While you cant queue effects with enduring you can pop the flask while at full mana and get the effect. Realistically tho Enduring or hell even a mana flask isn't make or break to the build, many people run different flask variations.
"

U Guys think this chest is a viable option with the +1 curse?
"
DogKind wrote:

Spamable form of mana regen to keep us topped off during casting since mana=life. While you cant queue effects with enduring you can pop the flask while at full mana and get the effect. Realistically tho Enduring or hell even a mana flask isn't make or break to the build, many people run different flask variations.

cool, got it. last question, why is op so big on arcane surge with frostbolts? we already get arcane surge from ascendancy and while i get gem arcane surge is better, we don't really do any damage with frostbolts so i don't see why are they so important.
"
"
DogKind wrote:

cool, got it. last question, why is op so big on arcane surge with frostbolts? we already get arcane surge from ascendancy and while i get gem arcane surge is better, we don't really do any damage with frostbolts so i don't see why are they so important.

Probably because we don't gain arcane surge until we hit an enemy and if you have your set up done correctly, one pop of frost bolts will trigger it, thus increasing your cast speed prior to hitting the mob because chances are when you hold down ice nova, you're going to demolish the mobs and by the time you get to the next mobs, your arcane surge will be expired.

It's pointless to have arcane surge while we are surrounded by dead mobs and essentially a waste.

The point of this build is melting mobs/bosses from a distance due to survivability not being all that great. Our AoE is phenomenal, I personally plow through mobs 1-3 screens at a time.
"
"
DogKind wrote:

I think you misunderstood how Arcane surge works, it is a buff so when its proced it effects all spell damage not just the spell its linked to. Frostbolts just the easiest way to hit the mana requirement to proc it.

The difference between level 1 arcane surge and level 7 is 3% more spell damage and 3% increased cast speed which is already a nice bonus. However with the 70% increased effect of arcane surge from the ascendancy the difference then becomes 5% more spell damage and 5% increased cast speed.
You guys are also forgetting ailment immunity during Arcane Surge. If you've crafted your flasks around being ailment immune, it becomes suicidal to open strongboxes without it linked to Frostbolt (it's also helpful just to be ailment immune on demand regardless of strongboxes).
Hello everyone. Im very interested in starting this build, and a part of the guide caught my attention. It says to use zealotry, OR hatred if you have a watcher's eye mod for it. I actually do have a watcher eye with a hatred mod,

Rarity: Unique
Watcher's Eye
Prismatic Jewel
--------
Limited to: 1
--------
Item Level: 85
--------
4% increased maximum Energy Shield
5% increased maximum Life
5% increased maximum Mana
58% increased Cold Damage while affected by Hatred
Unaffected by Frostbite while affected by Purity of Ice
--------
One by one, they stood their ground against a creature
they had no hope of understanding, let alone defeating,
and one by one, they became a part of it.
--------
Place into an allocated Jewel Socket on the Passive Skill Tree. Right click to remove from the Socket.

this one exactly. do you guys think its worth going for hatred or zealotry with this? thanks in advance.

Edit: fixed some bad formatting

Edit 2: yes, im aware i'll have to change the eye for the recommended mod with clarity, but i pretend to use this while trying to get the new one if possible. if not worth it, i'll just buy a cheap one with the core clarity mod with the money i get from selling this one.
Last edited by Yan_n on Feb 9, 2021, 10:13:53 AM
No, Zealotry still wins out over that mod. Acceptable Hatred mods to replace Zealotry (if you're going the solo Essence Worm route) are +base crit or cold pen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info