[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

Anyone got any tips on where to go next? https://pastebin.com/PyfXjiGh
"
DevonX1 wrote:
Anyone got any tips on where to go next? https://pastebin.com/PyfXjiGh[

Switch added cold for hypothermia till you get awakened added cold to 5, link cold snap with unbound and bonechill, add lvl 20 precision, get cinderswallow, get a nearby -9 cold res helm, get 50% damage to chilled enemies gloves, then finally get a bottled faith, farruls fur and awakened curse on hit. Roadmap.
"
IxAMxSTUMPY wrote:
"
DevonX1 wrote:
Anyone got any tips on where to go next? https://pastebin.com/PyfXjiGh[

Switch added cold for hypothermia till you get awakened added cold to 5, link cold snap with unbound and bonechill, add lvl 20 precision, get cinderswallow, get a nearby -9 cold res helm, get 50% damage to chilled enemies gloves, then finally get a bottled faith, farruls fur and awakened curse on hit. Roadmap.

The lvl 20 precision dont seem to do that much more damage in POB tho
"
IxAMxSTUMPY wrote:
Rofl and Arc, you two use different nova links. Which is preferable and why? Also Rofl, how do you tackle kosis on this build? Just got the last piece (farruls) but he seems a huge issue, especially in maps. Although it may be largely player error. Lastly, other than getting better clusters, is there anything I can improve?

I can't tell what Arc's running since he's currently trying out a bunch of different auras in his Pledge, but I'm fairly certain we use the same Ice Nova links (Awakened Added Cold, Awakened Controlled Destruction, Awakened Spell Echo [having normal Spell Echo here is completely fine; I upgraded back when we though Spell Echo damage bonuses actually applied to this build], Intensify, Concentrated Effect).

As for Kosis, I usually instakill him, but that's because I'm close to maxed out. Strategically, fighting him is similar to Aul in that it's far more dangerous to be far away from him than it is to be close. If you're close to him, he won't teleport slam you. Stay close, fire off a couple of novas, then strafe around behind him. Your biggest damage windows will come when he does his slow rotating lightning projectile barrage.
I linked Arcane surge ( low level ) with flame dash + increased duration ; so AS is 7 seconds which is nice because i use flame dash all the time.

This allow me to replace A Surge with spell echo on frost ball

So FBall - Spell echo - Faster casting - GMP => FBall is so so fast with this to support ice nova

I was testing aoe radius breakpoints lol. My gear is fixed now, you can check it now.

Swapped back to CWDT-steelskin. Vigilant strike was an interesting experiment, but I think it is too much work to maintain for most people. This build already has a lot of buttons. It is also somewhat dangerous if you don't play perfectly, you can easily put yourself at risk by going into melee to maintain fortify.

I've also swapped out Conc Effect for Hypothermia. We need more area since the GSE/frostbolt/ice nova interaction was changed. According to my calculations this is DPS-neutral for bosses (lower damage multiplier gets offset by more ice novas hitting the target due to bigger area), so overall it is a nice QoL increase.

Finally I've swapped out Awakened Spell Echo in favor of normal Spell Echo. Since GGG revealed that Ice Nova does not "repeat" when cast on Frostbolt and thus the "x% chance to deal double damage on final repeat" mod of Awakened Spell Echo doesn't work for us, it appears that Awakened Spell Echo (5/20) is only a 1% dps upgrade over normal Spell Echo (21/20). And seeing that Awakened Spell Echo has jumped to over 60 ex, the vast majority of people should not consider buying it.

I am nearly done with simulacrum endgame grind, haven't died in a while in there. It is possible though, I would put it at a 3% chance of dying per simulacrum.

T16 fully delirious juiced maps are a different story. If you run one of those you should go in there fully expecting to die at least once or twice.
Last edited by Arcinde on Apr 12, 2020, 11:36:36 PM
"
Arcinde wrote:
I've also swapped out Conc Effect for Hypothermia. We need more area since the GSE/frostbolt/ice nova interaction was changed. According to my calculations this is DPS-neutral for bosses (lower damage multiplier gets offset by more ice novas hitting the target due to bigger area), so overall it is a nice QoL increase.

I'm going to have to disagree here. I am nonstop bosskilling as a service, and it's basically 99.9% uptime on nova overlap even with Conc Effect. The only time this may be untrue is if you are not close to the boss, but most bosses are significantly safer to tackle if you are close to them.
@xRoflcopterx I see you are running two curses at the time. How do you make them both trigger?
hey guys. why are we using curse cluster jewels if we dont have a curse skill? maybe dumb question, but thx
"
mckane wrote:
hey guys. why are we using curse cluster jewels if we dont have a curse skill? maybe dumb question, but thx

Assassin's Mark or Frostbite (cheap option) on ring

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info