[3.9] SPEEDYBLEEDY Gladiator [League Starter] [Cheap] [Melee is Viable, what?]

"
ooFunky wrote:
Thanks for the build/guide. Having fun with it (level 84 right now).

Is the accuracy enough in the end?

Also do you think Life is enough without the Constitution note(s) at the Scion start area?
Edit: I somehow missed that you start getting there in your "endgame tree" sorry.

You might have to get some accuracy on your gloves/rings/amulet (most likely just 1 high roll or 2 decent ones) when youre reaching red maps or so, or you might not! Just keep an eye on your hit chance, anything above 95% is perfectly acceptable and 90% is where you'd want to start worrying about it
Hello,

New endgame viable ?
Hi, I'm fairly new to PoE. First time I joined a league and my "main (standard)" just got to mapping with a Sunder build.

I've had quite some difficulties staying alive during leveling. Right now lvl 54 - act 7. My weapons was one of the problems, was using a lvl 13 1-handed sword on my main hand when I was about lvl 40.

What I'm really having trouble with is the gems. You give 5 support gems for the bladestorm gem. One-handed swords can have a max of 3 slots. Do I put the other 3 in the off-hand? Do they even trigger with the bladestorm? How does this work?
Ive found a very useful item combo for your build and thought it was worth the post:

With them you don't have to be that responsive regarding hp. While the semi-instant flask is as useful as the instant one thanks to the ring, in the end it gives more hp per consumption (nearly twice). It really helps in "near death" situations and stabilizes the overall hp decrement when the life leech is having trouble keeping you at high hp.

What do you think of it?
Last edited by Surfingnet on Dec 23, 2019, 1:03:47 PM
"
MrSh1V wrote:

What I'm really having trouble with is the gems. You give 5 support gems for the bladestorm gem. One-handed swords can have a max of 3 slots. Do I put the other 3 in the off-hand? Do they even trigger with the bladestorm? How does this work?

Hey Buddy! Glad to see new faces.

So the Gems don't matter where you put them. So Bladestorm since that is the main skill, Should go into a chest with 6 links and the right colors. Obviously these are expensive so there should be plenty of rares you could trade for to get a 4 or 5 link.

So try moving Bladestorm to something that isn't your swords, and you will you can still use the skill like before!

"
SlingerOfZa wrote:
"
MrSh1V wrote:

Hey Buddy! Glad to see new faces.

So the Gems don't matter where you put them. So Bladestorm since that is the main skill, Should go into a chest with 6 links and the right colors. Obviously these are expensive so there should be plenty of rares you could trade for to get a 4 or 5 link.

So try moving Bladestorm to something that isn't your swords, and you will you can still use the skill like before!

I read somewhere that it needed to be on my sword..
Well, that explains a lot. Just use it on the item with the most links. Thanks for the info!
"
Hello,

New endgame viable ?

Unless you invest a lot of currency in good weapons, you'll start to struggle in red tier maps in terms of single target damage, and just because its melee it'll be fairly more challenging compared to a ranged character for the high level Conquerors.
"
Surfingnet wrote:
Ive found a very useful item combo for your build and thought it was worth the post:

With them you don't have to be that responsive regarding hp. While the semi-instant flask is as useful as the instant one thanks to the ring, in the end it gives more hp per consumption (nearly twice). It really helps in "near death" situations and stabilizes the overall hp decrement when the life leech is having trouble keeping you at high hp.

What do you think of it?

Im not sure about the ring since you can get A LOT better with just a rare Steel Ring, but in terms of the life flask its 100% up to you if you use Bubbling(50% instant) or Seething(100% instant).

The benefit of Bubbling is like you said, a LOT more HP recovered per use, but the initial "hit" of HP you get is not as high. This is good when you take one big hit, and maybe have some DoTs on you, the instant part will get you up a bit and the regen will help you sustain thru those DoTs if need be.

The benefit of Seething is that you regain more HP in an instant, and you dont "lose" effectiveness if you panic-spam the flask, compared to Bubbling where you'd basically lose 50% of the HP recover if you panic-spammed. This also allows you to survive many big hits in succession if youre quick enough on the heal, while using a Bubbling could get you killed in some situations.

But like I said, 100% up to preference, both are perfectly viable and common prefixes to use.
Any updates?
playing this build now, pretty fun! what is everyone using for pantheon's?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info