3.9| Stress-Free PoE - SLOW-MO ZOMBIES |SSF the Atlas w/ 1 Button & Any Gear|Dungeon Crawl PoE!

Thanks all for the comments and advice.
I will try Maim support for my zombies.

"
One thing you could do to free up aura space is add your auras (likely the offensive one(s) so the defensive ones are always active) to a spell totem.

Am I missing something? I've tried the spell totem with Hatred aura, but it cost twice the price of the aura, so 100% of my mana!!!!
"
PatGniak wrote:
...Am I missing something? I've tried the spell totem with Hatred aura, but it cost twice the price of the aura, so 100% of my mana!!!!
Ha ha! Ooooops! Sorry PatGniak!

You're not missing anything! I accidentally stepped into a time machine and offered advice from the way Aura Totems were used AGES ago. It hasn't been like that in forever. Sorry. I'm not sure where my head was at. I'm sorry to have wasted your time trying it out.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
so...new league around the corner, wonder what GGG got in store for zombies??? got the feeling it ain't gonna be good :(
~ If it moves, kill it ~
GGG patch announcement!!

-Zombie skin has been changed. They have been replaced with the potato skin and zombies now apathetically roll to their targets.

-Zombies will now bob and float over water terrain to their target but with a greatly reduced movement speed. Zombies can drown.

-Zombies now spawn randomly with skill gem. Maximum 50 zombies.

-New notable passive Zombie Fort. Quickly builds a fortress with a 2 day duration in which your char will hide if you spawn more than 30 minions at once. This char will be unavailable to play during the duration. Minion damage increased by 300%.

-Skeletons now prefer a vegetable based diet and will target zombies.

Soooo...I dunno...seems like a wash to me. Some nerfs(?) but a huge buff too.
I don't have anything against potatoes.

Zombie on!
After 2 leagues and at the end of this one I tried many, MANY different witch/necro builds. I blew all my orbs on trying any build that looked viable.
I am now orbless and destitute.

I hate the labyrinth so much. Should be able to change ascendancy without having to go back through that thing.

I have liked this witch build the best. Or my variation of.

Baron is really fricking good. I tried 2? 3? variations of the baron build but I still got tired of it. Weeks ago.
Maybe cause anything that could give me that 10 extra strength was another 20+ exalts.

Maybe I'm jaded cause this was my first necro build but I enjoyed theory crafting with this one alot more. This build was just more fun.
Best so far!

I have decided to try out a whole different char next league but I'm gonna still be stalking Wrecker and his slo-mo build.
Yes, Wrecker, your restraining order is useless here. Nice try.

So thank you W_o_D for what amounts to 2 fun leagues of necro building! You started it all.

Zombie on mah zombie brothers!

Last edited by Pip_n_Tip on Feb 29, 2020, 1:04:10 PM
"
0nyX wrote:
so...new league around the corner, wonder what GGG got in store for zombies??? got the feeling it ain't gonna be good :(
"
Pip_n_Tip wrote:
GGG patch announcement!!

-Zombie skin has been changed. They have been replaced with the potato skin and zombies now apathetically roll to their targets.

-Zombies will now bob and float over water terrain to their target but with a greatly reduced movement speed. Zombies can drown.

-Zombies now spawn randomly with skill gem. Maximum 50 zombies.

-New notable passive Zombie Fort. Quickly builds a fortress with a 2 day duration in which your char will hide if you spawn more than 30 minions at once. This char will be unavailable to play during the duration. Minion damage increased by 300%.

-Skeletons now prefer a vegetable based diet and will target zombies.

Soooo...I dunno...seems like a wash to me. Some nerfs(?) but a huge buff too.
I don't have anything against potatoes.

Zombie on!
I hope there won't be any changes. Too many changes too often make for an unenjoyable experience. Balance changes need to be with a longterm plan, so hopefully with the new passive tree changes things are balanced long term...I can't wait for the patch notes!

Zombie on.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Feb 29, 2020, 3:43:29 PM
"
Pip_n_Tip wrote:
Spoiler
After 2 leagues and at the end of this one I tried many, MANY different witch/necro builds. I blew all my orbs on trying any build that looked viable.
I am now orbless and destitute.

I hate the labyrinth so much. Should be able to change ascendancy without having to go back through that thing.

I have liked this witch build the best. Or my variation of.

Baron is really fricking good. I tried 2? 3? variations of the baron build but I still got tired of it. Weeks ago.
Maybe cause anything that could give me that 10 extra strength was another 20+ exalts.

Maybe I'm jaded cause this was my first necro build but I enjoyed theory crafting with this one alot more. This build was just more fun.
Best so far!

I have decided to try out a whole different char next league but I'm gonna still be stalking Wrecker and his slo-mo build.
Yes, Wrecker, your restraining order is useless here. Nice try.

So thank you W_o_D for what amounts to 2 fun leagues of necro building! You started it all.

Zombie on mah zombie brothers!
It's always a pleasure having you around. Good luck with 3.10! Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. I too love theory crafting. It's the best part of the game. I've heard that they are strongly considering how players ascend and getting rid of the labs.

You're very kind and I appreciate the post.

Zombie on.

Annnnnd

Assuming the 3.10 balance changes don't gut it, I feel like I'll be returning to this build for Delirium. :)
Yes! I finally DID IT!! Level 100. Done. Fi-na-lly.

More than 120 hours of dreadful grind. Had to swallow 4 deaths which erased nearly 40 hours of progress. Every death was like an electroshock.

Once I died 2 times in 4-hour span. I was mad and deflated at the same time haha.

Those 2 deaths (at 27% and at 33% xp) were from beyond monsters.
First one - from a unique monster which summons exploding red rings of death. insta-killed me when I dashed into it without even seeing it. The second one was the one with billion lightning balls. Erased me in less than a second. From that moment I never rolled "Slaying Enemies close together has a 13% chance to attract monsters from Beyond" on maps ever again.

Then I died once to the acid cavers boss (at 43% xp). Literally dashed into his spinning blades (misclicked the button!..). Insta-death.

Then I switched some passive nodes and added additional 450hp at the cost of minion life and damage. My clearing speed went down by 10% or so, but I felt much more tanky and this actually helped me to survive at least 3 nearly deadly blows at various points. I couldn't even see the red color on hp bulb ^^. Whew. So this thing alone saved me another ~30h of time.

And the last one was just yesterday. As always I was just doing Alva missions and jumped into one of those temples to kill the architect. And as soon I entered it - BAM. Dead. Didn't even know what and why killed me. That was the first death in there ever. I was really confused and was already at 90%... down to 80%. But very soon in the next Atzoatl temple I corrupted my newly leveled Empower gem and got lucky. Got my second Lvl 4 empower. Big upgrade from lvl 3 for the skeletons. It was great for increasing my clearing speed. Then, after 30 minutes, I finally successfully vaaled Carrion Golem gem to 21 and temporal chains to 21 also. I was literally back to the same killing speed as I had before the passive nodes switching ^^

So here I am. My main goal is complete with this game. Will never go for lvl 100 ever ever ever again. Too damn stressful. I think lvl 96-97 is the best stopping point.

Amazing build.

Favorite map - T15 Siege. Lots of xp and no dead ends.

Ended up 23rd among Witches and 75th among all SSF players this league. Not too shabby.

Now I can finally go and kill Sirus once again. He waited for me since lvl 98 heh.
Last edited by M_atrix on Mar 3, 2020, 8:12:47 PM
Gz on the 100!!!

I played about 20hours last week and did 28-36 on my challenges then called it a day for this league toooo many rippy deaths that you have no control over tbh, running with effective 15k ehp and still being one shot by legion lag, random chaos hit etc.. . Really put me off levelling so a huge gz for sticking it out!!

Acid cavern and beyond mod can kma both just stupidly overturned imo lol
~ If it moves, kill it ~
Last edited by 0nyX on Mar 4, 2020, 4:00:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info