[3.13] Power Siphon/Kinetic Blast Poison Assassin - Very fast and tanky poison wander

"
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

For Spellslinger, this is Attack build, and Spellslinger do not really has synergy with Poison (as Spell damage do not affects poison, so there is no point in trying to make hybrid build really). Also we already reserve all mana so Spellslinger do not fits.

I personally think that Spellslinger will be a trap in general (outside of maybe VD + Desecrate and Ice Nova + Frostbolt), but we will see.

I think you skipped the line that explains your wands physical attack damage is added to the spell? With that damage being added to a bladefall that procs 2-4(depending on the cd that it will have) times a second the poison stacks would ramp up that much faster.

Well that depends if Spellslinger will have some innate multi or not. But also, 4 link is big opportunity cost in terms of mana so that would meean either getting reduced mana reservation or dropping aura (and both auras give us a lot of damage).

"
Neronne wrote:
Hey, i havent played PoE for the 3 past leagues and i'm considering trying your build for 3.10.

Could you give me an approx price for the gear you have in your PoB link ?

Also, the damage seams a bit low on PS but i guess this is because barrage support doesnt work on PoB ?

Hmm, for price, in mid league well rolled double damage circle of nostalgia was around 1ex, then maybe 1ex for crafting the wand (what will be tad more expensive in next league because of fossil stuff). The char in PoB actually does not have this, but ideally as body you want explody chest, what is ~4-5ex (and just basic life 6l rare is like 60c). Lets say that power siphon becomes popular, that will make helmet a bit pricier as well, so lets say another 1ex. And rest of the gear should be around 2ex total if I include also flasks and jewels.

So lets say around 6ex if you want to get your char to the PoB state (or close to it, maybe with less life), 10-11ex with explody chest, and around 25 ex with tailwind boots + bottled faith and some nicer items (that is what my char this league is wearing).

And for starter setup (the second item set) I believe you can fully gear it for like 1 ex, ofc with some reservation depending on how much life you want from rares.

For damage, install PoB fork, it supports barrage support. Its at 9M dps in PoB fork atm. For guide on how to install PoB fork see here: https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/wiki/Installing-this-Fork
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
Nevzat wrote:
What's the verdict on this build as a league starter for 3.10?

Did the build get many buffs or not? If it doesn't utilise spellslinger then surely other builds will be a better option?

The build got around 9% more damage from PS buff, crafting good wand is now a bit more expensive, but Obliteration got buffed by a lot, what means it will carry the build further than it could before.

For Spellslinger, this is Attack build, and Spellslinger do not really has synergy with Poison (as Spell damage do not affects poison, so there is no point in trying to make hybrid build really). Also we already reserve all mana so Spellslinger do not fits.

I personally think that Spellslinger will be a trap in general (outside of maybe VD + Desecrate and Ice Nova + Frostbolt), but we will see.

How far could you get with just an obliteration wand into maps in your opinion?
The guide is well done, the game play looks exceptional, So fast yet so many survivability layers, Just unsure on where to start as a leaguestart. Levelling it up is where i'd find an issue
Last edited by Lanzatron on Mar 11, 2020, 7:53:39 PM
"
Lanzatron wrote:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
Nevzat wrote:
What's the verdict on this build as a league starter for 3.10?

Did the build get many buffs or not? If it doesn't utilise spellslinger then surely other builds will be a better option?

The build got around 9% more damage from PS buff, crafting good wand is now a bit more expensive, but Obliteration got buffed by a lot, what means it will carry the build further than it could before.

How far could you get with just an obliteration wand into maps in your opinion?
The guide is well done, the game play looks exceptional, So fast yet so many survivability layers, Just unsure on where to start as a leaguestart. Levelling it up is where i'd find an issue

Imo double obliteration (or 1 + good shield) should carry to to late yellows/early reds, and at that point upgrading wands should be doable with elder bases.

For leveling, im still not 100% sure about best leveling setup, but I think cobra lash is close enough.

Also,

Build updated for 3.10

- Updated crafting section for new fossil changes
- Updated tree to 3.10

There were no changes on tree, PS gained 9% more damage, fossil crafting now requires influenced bases (I mentioned all this already before, but i think its worth to repeat it here again).
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
This build is one of my candidates for 3.10.
To OP: Is it possible for you to add the gem links in the guide page and explain a bit on how and why to use? Like for example, plague bearer.

An overview with the skill gems + short explanation and a direct link to the skill tree would be appreciated.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Would this build still be ok at killing t16 bosses if you'd go for unspeakable gifts & possibly obliteration for maximum clear?
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

I think you skipped the line that explains your wands physical attack damage is added to the spell? With that damage being added to a bladefall that procs 2-4(depending on the cd that it will have) times a second the poison stacks would ramp up that much faster.

Well that depends if Spellslinger will have some innate multi or not. But also, 4 link is big opportunity cost in terms of mana so that would meean either getting reduced mana reservation or dropping aura (and both auras give us a lot of damage).

"
Neronne wrote:
Hey, i havent played PoE for the 3 past leagues and i'm considering trying your build for 3.10.

Could you give me an approx price for the gear you have in your PoB link ?

Also, the damage seams a bit low on PS but i guess this is because barrage support doesnt work on PoB ?

Hmm, for price, in mid league well rolled double damage circle of nostalgia was around 1ex, then maybe 1ex for crafting the wand (what will be tad more expensive in next league because of fossil stuff). The char in PoB actually does not have this, but ideally as body you want explody chest, what is ~4-5ex (and just basic life 6l rare is like 60c). Lets say that power siphon becomes popular, that will make helmet a bit pricier as well, so lets say another 1ex. And rest of the gear should be around 2ex total if I include also flasks and jewels.

So lets say around 6ex if you want to get your char to the PoB state (or close to it, maybe with less life), 10-11ex with explody chest, and around 25 ex with tailwind boots + bottled faith and some nicer items (that is what my char this league is wearing).

And for starter setup (the second item set) I believe you can fully gear it for like 1 ex, ofc with some reservation depending on how much life you want from rares.

For damage, install PoB fork, it supports barrage support. Its at 9M dps in PoB fork atm. For guide on how to install PoB fork see here: https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/wiki/Installing-this-Fork

Kinda thinking too, that spellslinging is mostly a trap if opting for direct dmg but i need to say that calcs of me and my buddy for spellslinging poison setup look pretty nuts so far.
Why do you think spell damage does nothing to poison? i dont get that to be honest, bladefall is a spell, gets increased by spell damage and poison scales of combined phys and chaos at the end, so spell damage is in there or did i really made a failure with my thoughts here?
"
Valkahar wrote:

Kinda thinking too, that spellslinging is mostly a trap if opting for direct dmg but i need to say that calcs of me and my buddy for spellslinging poison setup look pretty nuts so far.
Why do you think spell damage does nothing to poison? i dont get that to be honest, bladefall is a spell, gets increased by spell damage and poison scales of combined phys and chaos at the end, so spell damage is in there or did i really made a failure with my thoughts here?

Poison scales from base hit, what is before increases/reductions. And with spell damage -> attack damage conversion, the inc attack damage will apply only to hits and not poisons.
My builds:
My site:
Found the explaining line in wiki, youre right, spell and attack dmg dont count.
kinda fell to this trap cuz increased phys counts for some reason. Has been a long time without poison for me, quite confusing mechanic now.
Anyways, thanks for clarification!
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

Poison scales from base hit, what is before increases/reductions. And with spell damage -> attack damage conversion, the inc attack damage will apply only to hits and not poisons.

Spellsling adds the flat dmg of the wand as that type to the base dmg of the spell. If my bladefall does 100-200 base phys damage and its procced by my wand with 100-200 phys damage then the bladefall base hit would be 200-400 physical damage. That directly affects the poison damage.
Nobody's disputing that spellslinger will add wand base damage. What's being discussed is how neither Kinetic Bolt's spell damage scaling, nor Wandslinger's similar effect, will impact poison. So you're kinda moving the goalposts.

That said, your math is wrong. Bladefall has 90% damage effectiveness, so you'd only end up adding 90-180 to your Bladefall base damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info