0.10.3c Patch Notes

now friends doing maps wont know whos loot is whos
"
DeF46 wrote:
Woohoo. Finally. Looking forward. I usually miss my loot, when I do, by a very short time, so I think the one second will be a big improvement.

I totally agree. I didn't mind the timer system, I just felt it was a tiny bit too short. I honestly was hoping they would add just 1 second to the timer and that's exactly what they did. I swear sometimes I feel like they are making this game just for me.

It's creepeh.
I'd say it's ok to add a higher timer,
it's hard to pick things up when there's a horde of mobs running around,
and ninjas are always lurking around!
Looks good, thanks!
"
Chris wrote:
"
EndOfEnds wrote:
Thank you for finally doing something about the loot system.

I'd still like you to address the ability to block other players by standing on loot, though.

I do agree that needs addressing. We want there to be tension around the drops, but agree that players shouldn't be able to physically deny the drops in that way.

Do minions block other players too?

I know they used to get in the way of clicking on things before.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
"
Juggernaut448 wrote:
Heh, no more "That loot was mine!"

They'll just get the reply "Didn't have your name on it."

Not really. I don't think they did that change with that intention, but more so to reduce the clutter when things drop.

Otherwise, you still get to see other people rush to your loot, and that for me is what taints the experience in public groups. It's not very nice that the loot system allows other players to rush to your loot. You just get the sense that people don't care whether it drops for them or someone else.

As for me, whenever something is dimmed out, I never run for it. But huh... I'm weird I suppose. I just don't want to fill up my inventory too quickly so I prefer to focus on just getting my own allocated loot, and leave people to theirs.

So TLDR this won't change the feeling your get seeing other ppl run to your loot. It will still be there. It just won't be as easy now for the less gentlemen of players to get your loot before the timer expires..
The only thing I wanted to change within the loot system was that the players name stayed on the item after the countdown had finished.

Doing maps with friends etc you see a lot of items nobody is paying attention too (mobs are more important) and when it's all said and done nobody knows who got what.

I understand that loot dropped within the map is for the party and not entirely for specific people, but there is no other way to fairly deal with loot, letting the system decide was great.
This will be a problem for party races. Very often loot drops outside of the owner's view when the whole party is rushing through an area. We rely on our teammates to let us know that there's timed loot for us somewhere, especially when it's important like currency or rares. This will force parties to slow down because you have no way of telling whose loot it is anymore.
Hope Chris that you guys are working on a block for the Pickit hack that allows ninjas to steal all loot in parties, had this in race the other day first time it was very noticeable...cheaters
I think this is a great step in the right direction, so kudos on the change and deciding not to let "this game should be a cut throat environment" stop you from changing initial designs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info