BUILD OUT OF COMMISSION....NO LONGER VIABLE DUE TO IDIOTIC CHANGE TO IRON REFLEXES

Still wishing I took that extra frenzy charge in merciless from the bandit

other than that thank you very much, great guide. only tweaked a few minor things so far

cannot yet run blood magic in my lion and spec out for auras, because i do not have a kaom. some day.
Last edited by HopTortoise on Apr 25, 2013, 7:45:14 PM
Elemental Weakness or Projectile Weakness curse? Or something else? I'm using a tri-ele bow. I use projectile weakness right now, and am really liking the pierce and knockback. Just wondering from a pure damage perspective which is stronger. Or maybe run elemental weakness in groups and projectile weakness solo?
IGN: Raidenwins
Last edited by Doomherald26 on Apr 25, 2013, 4:06:48 AM
If going for BM, are the starting nodes from marauder tree absolutely necessary?
In game name - VomitingRainbows - GMT +1
"
kendoka wrote:
If going for BM, are the starting nodes from marauder tree absolutely necessary?

That's like asking if survivability is necessary, the answer is yes, yes and finally yes :)
"
AthenaUS wrote:
"
Mechem wrote:
Great guide!

how do you deal with lightning thorns?

Im using LA, lmp, chain, WED and LGOH.

I`m currently lvl 70 on HC (going safe and steady:p), i was trying to get the ribbon spoon in battlefield, merciless, met a few of those mages, fired twice, and almost died.. 3500 hp..

The day they added lightning thorns was the first time I ever 1 shotted myself since launch. So to answer be VERY careful with LA thorns.

Do you have any spesific advice regarding the issue? :)
"
Mechem wrote:
"
AthenaUS wrote:
"
Mechem wrote:
Great guide!

how do you deal with lightning thorns?

Im using LA, lmp, chain, WED and LGOH.

I`m currently lvl 70 on HC (going safe and steady:p), i was trying to get the ribbon spoon in battlefield, merciless, met a few of those mages, fired twice, and almost died.. 3500 hp..

The day they added lightning thorns was the first time I ever 1 shotted myself since launch. So to answer be VERY careful with LA thorns.

Do you have any spesific advice regarding the issue? :)

Keep an eye out for it, if you see it don't use LA, switching to single target with frenzy or traps.
Is Koam's best in slot chest for this spec?
IGN: Zorkon/Nabiha/Nabia
"
exile1985 wrote:
Is Koam's best in slot chest for this spec?

There's 2 options with this spec each with their pros and cons.

1. Koams Heart
PROS
-insane life pool
-insane life regen

CONS
-limited sockets for abilities (Koams has no sockets)
-must have 5-6 link bow
-limited auras
-no room for a curse
-lower armor (which is offset by health)
-more pressure to get max resist on all the other slots

2. 5-7 Aura build
PROS
-can run additional auras using combination of blood magic gem and mana (spec out of blood magic)
-extra auras like hatred and haste for more DPS
-much higher armor value (from chest AND determination aura)
-easier to get resist capped with tri resist chest

CONS
-much smaller life pool (maxes out around 5500 at level 90 with amazing gear)
-must have 6 link chest and 5 link bow
-less regen

Both options are incredibly powerfull and both are 100% viable. The choice will be up to you, and what you can afford. Personally if I ever could afford a Koams (which I know I will never be able to) I would go that route only because one of my friends runs 7 auras and conduit so me running them would not be necessary.

But if I had a 6 link I'd love to go 5-7 auras. Would be totally fun.
Alright thanks for info.

Also is this build (going elem thicket bow route) a good choice for MF runs?

I got about 30 exalts and already have a 5-link 1700 ev tri res + life chest I could use.

I really want a spec that can get by using stuff like advarius and other low stats / mf gear so I can farm effeciently and not just kill fast.

kinda debating between this and some rf shavronne build perhaps.

Also any idea how this build does vs CI cold crit freeze pulse char? that's my main (witch)

So probably debating between those 3 specs.
Last edited by exile1985 on Apr 26, 2013, 2:14:03 AM
Also one last question, is it not worth it picking up that +1 frenzy charge just below starting area?

Could do right side like this instead, it costs 2 points though.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQADq0XHRjbKaUshTWGOrNDnEp9VvpaGluvY6dnoGqTdPGHdo1-my2dqp65tkG3trnNvqfAD82Y0k3V7d0N3Ubexupi-rH8TvzF

Is it worth it using those 2 points for frenzy charge + duration?

And for merciless is it not worth it picking + 1 frenzy charges? with those 2 changes u could run 5 charges with increased duration, no good ? :D
Last edited by exile1985 on Apr 26, 2013, 3:13:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info