How do you nerf melee (attack speed) and then give Ranged 3 free totems and no speed nerfs?

"
zzang wrote:
"
Ill just drop this thought here,
Melee has more damage than bows. Having Barrage + clear setup is super clunky to me at least. Average bow player dies like a fly.

Lol no idea what bow builds you play but you can build bows to be UNTOUCHABLE in dps - melee has zero chance to reach that wether single target nor screen clearing ability. Your post is just flat out wrong.

Please check Blght delve ladder and tell me how many melee builds you see at the first 3 pages.

I could say the same for 3.7
"
zzang wrote:
"
Ill just drop this thought here,
Melee has more damage than bows. Having Barrage + clear setup is super clunky to me at least. Average bow player dies like a fly.

Lol no idea what bow builds you play but you can build bows to be UNTOUCHABLE in dps - melee has zero chance to reach that wether single target nor screen clearing ability. Your post is just flat out wrong.

Please check Blght delve ladder and tell me how many melee builds you see at the first 3 pages.

I could say the same for 3.7
"
Fruz wrote:
It has everything to do with what you said, UElder is the biggest dps check the game has to offer.
And it was taken down by a bow build at level 36.

It tells everything there needs to know about bow potential dps, period.

Average bow build only dies like a fly if you don't build it properly by the way.

UE is not a dps check btw it's more complex than that until you have so much dps to trivialize it.

Bow builds are the epitome of "glass cannon".
GGG likes doing meta shifts so:
3.7 was melee aka. cyclone
3.8 was/is summoner
3.9 will be bows (again)
But all this meta blah blag blah is somewhat useless because there always were other builds that worked just fine too. For example tornado shot ALWAYS was a top tier skill within the last years. And even many so called dead skills work just fine. For example I have an AW char that is able to do all content without any problems for more than 2 years now. Molten strike was op as hell and is still more than just ok. Elemental hit was completely broken and even today it is a very strong skill but people refuse to use it because "nerved to dead". That said it is true that melee often isn't in a great spot compared to every other playstyle but that's the case even in real life. If you choose to fight bas rutten with a brass knuckles (melee) you're still in serious danger while someone using a sniper rifle (ranged) would be much more safe and someone sending his thugs after him (summoner) would live much safer too. ^^
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Nov 22, 2019, 5:52:19 AM
"
UE is not a dps check btw it's more complex than that until you have so much dps to trivialize it.

Wut?

Uder Elder is THE biggest dps check of the whole game.
IF you don't have the dps to take the pooper down quickly enough, you're fucked, outside of deep delves, this is literally the encounter that requires the highest minimum amount of dps : a dps check.

I don't care if you build bow characters complete glass canon and I expect nobody does, it's irrelevant here.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"

Wut?

Uder Elder is THE biggest dps check of the whole game.
IF you don't have the dps to take the pooper down quickly enough, you're fucked, outside of deep delves, this is literally the encounter that requires the highest minimum amount of dps : a dps check.

I don't care if you build bow characters complete glass canon and I expect nobody does, it's irrelevant here.

Ok you are right. I just can't...
I just hope we stop getting metas period. but that will never happen, that is what the modern crowds like to keep coming back otherwise they are bored.

I would vote for slowly buffing everything to the point that it all feels op at its maximum end. Then add content that will slap us in the face and be done with balance from there on. All build types being viable is what I vote for.

Just add leagues and some new skills every now and then. thats about it.

Oh, and the "dps limiter" I have already commented on like 4 threads already... Cant be bothered explaining it again, but that would be the best balance to make sure all the crazy builds that go over the line simply can't cross it anymore. Creating a maximum efficiency possible in terms of how much damage overall can be done to a boss or enemy per second.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info