How do you nerf melee (attack speed) and then give Ranged 3 free totems and no speed nerfs?

You give Ranged "three free balistas" ranged DPS for free.

Melee meanwhile has 1 shitty ancestor totem that dies really easy because its close to the target, has puny AOE or NO AOE.

You give ranged "mirage archer" automated DPS just attack and run and kill stuff without stopping.

Melee gets Ancestral call: give up damage to hit two extra mobs and not feel as shit for targeting

You give spells Winter Orb, automated dps that shotguns and overlaps and auto targets and has every gem tag in existence so is immensely flexible.

Melee gets tribal fury annoint: you hit one extra mob and your targeting doesn't feel as shit.

You give spells Brands, automated DPS that moves from mob to mob, its a totem that can't be killed and can leech and it can be "recalled" without needing to stop.

Melee gets an attack speed base nerf that makes already slow melee skills or slow weapon bases FEEL REALLY BAD.

I could go on, I haven't even mentioned multistrike... screw it lets go there:

You give Minions great AI and totally unnecessary DPS buffs to the point where a summoner can AFK in Uber Elder

Melee gets Multi Strike... if you stand still and let it go off you hit again...

I don't need to keep going. I think anyone paying even a little attention can see the disparity and widening gap and exactly why it keeps getting wider. You add amazing OP stuff to all the safe ranged and automated playstyles while the gritty melee style gets scraps and nerfs and constantly rooting in place to deliver LESS DAMAGE FROM CLOSER RANGE with no automation and less effective hit points than most Spell/Minion ES builds.

So to sum up and vent some of my frustration:

YOU GUYS NEED TO STOP BUFFING THE BEST PLAYSTYLES WHILE NERFING AND UNDER BUFFING THE WORST.

Melee should pay NOTHING for quality of life things like Ancestral call, it should pay little to nothing for mitigation because it takes something like 80% more incoming damage... effective health should be FAR MORE accessible on a melee than on all other styles. Instead the eHP king is a mana guardian. followed by ES spell builds followed by hybrid spell builds. Melee should be the way to get 20,000 eHP, not a Mana guardian/Hiero with automated minions or Worb, or brands, or totems...

And melee should have mechanical advantages like not needing to stop to swing.

Spoiler
as always melee means close combat not ranged attacks like tec slam etc.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last bumped on Nov 23, 2019, 8:28:32 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Most people are not going to bother casting them for 'free dps' unless its a dedicated ballistia build which still feels like a glorified boring totem build.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
Most people are not going to bother casting them for 'free dps' unless its a dedicated ballistia build which still feels like a glorified boring totem build.

And you think that melee character drop ancestral call on every pack if they don't have a dedicated totem build ?? ( which is AW then obviously )

There are enough phase bosses and bosses that have a wind up animation before being fightable to have 3 free totems make a big different.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
I'm really curious if GGG will nerf Cyclone in 3.9, and what they do to minions... probably nothing?
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
Last edited by DivineChampion on Nov 20, 2019, 11:21:47 PM
Wait, did I miss something or is OP just talking with zero evidence?

Because I would have thought that I'd hear about the patch notes coming out...
another melee post..

the good news is that 3.7 is the closest thing you will ever have as melee for now in path of exile take it or leave it..
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
Ozxell wrote:

going to be more until GGG actually understands the issues and does something about it.

Its almost like they have a melee developer locked in a room and he's not allowed to see whats happening in the actual game or do any relative comparisons to what ranged and spells skills can do.
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
For all the talk of it being impossible for melee to be competitive because of the game’s genre, speed, mechanics, laws of physics, etc. the fact remains there’s a litany of specific decisions GGG made that caused melee to be as bad as it is.

I never buy those arguments that melee simply can’t be good, because they ignore the fact that GGG consciously decided to keep the damage low, restrict qol, restrict melee-specific defenses, etc. while handing other playstyles massive buffs.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Last edited by demon9675 on Nov 21, 2019, 12:44:22 AM
"
Xystre wrote:
another melee post..

the good news is that 3.7 is the closest thing you will ever have as melee for now in path of exile take it or leave it..

this is just pure troll, reported as such. If you have some argument or thoughtful contribution feel free to post it, otherwise you're just some dude pretending you know what GGG will or wont do in an attempt to stir the shit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info