Some questions about the future/update of the game

So in 13th December, the new expansion called Conquerors of the Atlas will be out. Right?

Will also the league Metamorphis be coming out on 13th December, or in Path of Exile 2?

The new expansion, conquerors of the atlas, is it PoE 3.9.0 or 4.0.0?

If it's 3.9.0, is 4.0.0 still gonna be the MAJOR BIG update we will see in next year? (it's not this)

Are people gonna be able to cross-play between Path of Exile 1 and Path of Exile 2? Do we have to start over? Will we migrate our characters? Or start new characters? Will we end up in same endgame? What will be different? Different items? Different skills? Different classes and characters? Differenent ascendendies? Will we keep our MTX for Path of Exile 2 or we have to buy new MTX for that game?

What will happen with PoE 1 when PoE 2 comes out? Is PoE 1 gonna be dead? Or just stop receiving updates?

Will our stash be empty/fresh started in Path of Exile 2? Can we transfer items between games?

The new supporter packs was coming out a week after the exilecon, are they the supporter packs that gonna replace blight, are they the conquerer of the atlas supporter packs, or metamorphis supporter packs, or <no-named> supporter packs, and what happen with "Core supporter packs", I've read already before that Core supporter packs are gonna be in store until the next major big expansion AKA v4.0.0, but this is 3.9.0 coming out(?), so means Core supporter packs gonna be in store until 4.0.0?
Best way to discover colors for your loot filter
https://pixlr.com/editor/ | IGN: Spear
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.0Ghz | GPU: Radeon Series | OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Mouse: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Monitor: Acer Predator
Last bumped on Nov 20, 2019, 11:00:05 PM
The new expansion is Metamorphosis (which is within Conqueror) and Conqueror.

As to POE2, that is a year away.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
I Know already that POE 2 is not coming out until Q4 2020. But I was asking questions about it and the stuff coming out in Dec 13th.

So the new expansion is called Metamorphis? Very confusing..
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.0Ghz | GPU: Radeon Series | OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
"
Akymo86 wrote:
So in 13th December, the new expansion called Conquerors of the Atlas will be out. Right?

Right.

"
Will also the league Metamorphis be coming out on 13th December, or in Path of Exile 2?

Also on the 13th.

"

3.9. 4.0 is PoE2.

"
If it's 3.9.0, is 4.0.0 still gonna be the MAJOR BIG update we will see in next year? (it's not this)

4.0 is probably a bit more than a year away. We're not really sure exactly what will come in between 3.9 and 4.0, but likely nothing else as big as 3.9.

"
<Lots of PoE2 questions>

PoE2 is not literally a new game. It's an enormous overhaul to PoE and the addition of a second campaign. The client is the same, and you'll keep all your characters/progress/mtx. Because PoE2 does have different playable characters to PoE1, you won't be able to use existing characters to play the new story and will have to start a new character to experience it. However, the endgame is shared. I also made an infographic explaining this.

"
The new supporter packs was coming out a week after the exilecon, are they the supporter packs that gonna replace blight, are they the conquerer of the atlas supporter packs, or metamorphis supporter packs, or <no-named> supporter packs, and what happen with "Core supporter packs", I've read already before that Core supporter packs are gonna be in store until the next major big expansion AKA v4.0.0, but this is 3.9.0 coming out(?), so means Core supporter packs gonna be in store until 4.0.0?

There are two sets of new supporter packs coming up. The Metamorph packs will be released very soon, probably tomorrow. They will replace the Blight packs. The Conquerors of the Atlas core supporter packs will be released in about a month, and replace the current core supporter packs.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Nov 20, 2019, 7:27:40 PM
"
Akymo86 wrote:
I Know already that POE 2 is not coming out until Q4 2020. But I was asking questions about it and the stuff coming out in Dec 13th.

So the new expansion is called Metamorphis? Very confusing..

It's not really confusing.

3.9 is the new league, Metamorph.

4.0 is an expansion over a year away. We will have multiple leagues in advance of that.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
viperesque wrote:
"
Akymo86 wrote:

Right.

"

Also on the 13th.

"

3.9. 4.0 is PoE2.

"

4.0 is probably a bit more than a year away. We're not really sure exactly what will come in between 3.9 and 4.0, but likely nothing else as big as 3.9.

"
<Lots of PoE2 questions>

PoE2 is not literally a new game. It's an enormous overhaul to PoE and the addition of a second campaign. The client is the same, and you'll keep all your characters/progress/mtx. Because PoE2 does have different playable characters to PoE1, you won't be able to use existing characters to play the new story and will have to start a new character to experience it. However, the endgame is shared. I also made an infographic explaining this.

"

There are two sets of new supporter packs coming up. The Metamorph packs will be released very soon, probably tomorrow. They will replace the Blight packs. The Conquerors of the Atlas core supporter packs will be released in about a month, and replace the current core supporter packs.

Thanks for clearing all of that up, you were the most helpful of the posts.

In addition to that, will the Shapeshift Form only be exclusive to PoE 2 character classes/ascendies or also available to PoE 1 characters?

And also so like you said it's gonna be Conquerors of the Atlas in PoE 2, that's at least a year away, then it also means that the game will still be "Conquerors of the Atlas" for at least a year now or more. So I thought the main 'Core' supporter packs would be replaced in 4.0.0, but now they are apparently replacing them in 3.9.0. That's a tad confusing cause they said all the time that they won't be replaced until the 4.0.0 big expansion hits. (would just rather see they released Metamorphis in 3.9.0 - call it Countdown to Metamorphis, release Metamorphis supporter packs, and those changes added now for that league) and call push out the new Conquerors of the Atlas supporter packs a few weeks or month before 4.0 / PoE 2 / Major Big Update hits or whatever you call it. So now we get BOTH league supporter packs and main core game supporter packs for a "small league update" and the big upcoming game changes get nothing (new added supporter packs) cause we still gonna have these same. Unless they decide to rename the game again to a new expansion before PoE 2 hits which makes the point you said invalid about PoE 2 = Conquerors of the Atlas.
"
Akymo86 wrote:
will the Shapeshift Form only be exclusive to PoE 2 character classes/ascendies or also available to PoE 1 characters?

They will be available to anyone. Of the three shapeshifting skills announced so far, two are just new gems so easily obtained by anyone. One is exclusive to one of the new Ranger ascendancies, but you'll be able to pick that ascendancy as a PoE1 Ranger once you've unlocked it as a PoE2 Ranger.

"
And also so like you said it's gonna be Conquerors of the Atlas in PoE 2, that's at least a year away, then it also means that the game will still be "Conquerors of the Atlas" for at least a year now or more. So I thought the main 'Core' supporter packs would be replaced in 4.0.0, but now they are apparently replacing them in 3.9.0. That's a tad confusing cause they said all the time that they won't be replaced until the 4.0.0 big expansion hits. (would just rather see they released Metamorphis in 3.9.0 - call it Countdown to Metamorphis, release Metamorphis supporter packs, and those changes added now for that league) and call push out the new Conquerors of the Atlas supporter packs a few weeks or month before 4.0 / PoE 2 / Major Big Update hits or whatever you call it. So now we get BOTH league supporter packs and main core game supporter packs for a "small league update" and the big upcoming game changes get nothing (new added supporter packs) cause we still gonna have these same. Unless they decide to rename the game again to a new expansion before PoE 2 hits which makes the point you said invalid about PoE 2 = Conquerors of the Atlas.

I think you've possibly been confused by non-GGG sources. I don't think GGG have ever stated that these core packs would be around until 4.0, although I may be wrong. I know it was very commonly stated in the community though. Also, Conquerors is not really small. It's the biggest patch this year, and fits into their semi-official schedule of releasing a bigger expansion every year in December. 3.1 and 3.5 also contained new core packs. I would basically guarantee that 4.0 will have another new set of core supporter packs, since replacing them about once a year seems to be the pattern now.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Still, I think it would just been better if they called it Chapter 2. If you unlocked it in Chapter 2, you can pick it in Chapter 1. (PoE 1 we play now)

But wait, there gonna be Ranger in Poe2? I thought they said 7 NEW classes, not the same as POE 1.

Will also the models for classes in PoE1 be updated in POE2 release? Or we will have the same looking class models?

Why doesn't it say in the post that they also gonna be removing the core packs from store?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2674258/page/1
Last edited by Akymo86 on Nov 20, 2019, 8:22:38 PM
I don´t think you should think too much on it. PoE 2 is not gonna be released until December ´20. Likely not before ´21 sometime. All of what you see now is nothing but Work in Progress. And that is all there is to it. And likely PoE 1 is going to be intertwined with PoE 2 in some way.

For now, the only thing we players really wants to focus on now is the Conquerors of Atlas and Metamorph League.
"
Akymo86 wrote:
But wait, there gonna be Ranger in Poe2? I thought they said 7 NEW classes, not the same as POE 1.

The characters are different, but the classes are still the same. So the PoE2 Ranger is not the same person as the PoE1 Ranger in story terms, but they're the exact same mechanically.

"
Will also the models for classes in PoE1 be updated in POE2 release? Or we will have the same looking class models?
The PoE1 characters are getting all their animations updated to match the PoE2 characters, but they'll retain their original appearance. I don't know the extent to which the animation updates will also fix things like Templar's giraffe neck, but presumably it will since the PoE1 and PoE2 Templars will have to be identically sized and shaped.

"
Why doesn't it say in the post that they also gonna be removing the core packs from store?

Because they aren't getting removed at the same time. The core pack changeover isn't happening for another month or so. They'll presumably make a separate announcement about that soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info